fbpx

Our Promotion

Save, Сэкономьте, Ahorrar
The 'Butterfly Ball' is Officially Over. What Next?/ "Бал Бабочек" закончен. Что дальше?/La Gala de Mariposas ha terminado oficialmente. ¿Qué sigue? (12 Feb 2024)

Unlock Your 'Butterfly Ball' Benefits: Certificates and Discounts Awaiting!
Откройте для себя преимущества «Бала Бабочек»: начинаем производить сертификаты и назначать скидки!
¡Desbloquea tus beneficios de la Gala de Mariposas: Certificados y descuentos te esperan!

× Suggestion Box

piano fingering

• elie
  • elie's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
20 Jan 2013 11:08 #7807 by elie
piano fingering was created by elie
Why is there no piano fingering in soft mozart ?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
20 Jan 2013 12:25 - 20 Jan 2013 12:28 #7808 by andreasro
Replied by andreasro on topic piano fingering
:) First of all welcome! Good question!

You didn't mention if you are a piano teacher or a student, so forgive me for giving a general answer :)

Here's an answer to a similar question:

hellene wrote:

cmontoni wrote: Hi
It is pretty easy to play a song without watching the keyboard for those songs that only encompass the first 5 keys left or right hand but most songs go beyond that. How do I know the correct positioning of my hand and what fingers to reach with? Is there a correct sequence or pattern?

cmontoni, it is a very good question!
We offer all the beginners to start with 4 essential piano exercises that will help you to understand your fingers' management intuitively:

www.softmozart.com/forum/55-teaching-vid...the-first-level.html

The section TEACHING VIDEO (where you posted) has some Albums/Songs to help you with some finger's placement.

Otherwise, just write, where do you need some help and we'll be able to advice you personally.

The aim of Soft Mozart software and teaching programs is for everyone, beginner or advanced, from age 2 and up. It is made to learn to play by developing, simulataneously, the (very important) skills needed to play piano or other musical instrument, like eye-hand coordination for instance.

It would be frustrating for a very young child eager to learn or for un adult who wants to learn but has never played piano, to use fingering.
So at the beginning anyone can play with whatever finger is more comfortable.

You can find details in the (free downloadable) book You CAN Be A Musician .

More about piano fingering you find in these threads: http://softmozart.com/forum/15-learning-experience/6835-finger-placement.html
softmozart.com/forum/15-learning-experience/6577-finger-placement.html
Last edit: 20 Jan 2013 12:28 by andreasro.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mrs.Post

• Mel02
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
21 Feb 2013 18:00 #8451 by Mel02
Replied by Mel02 on topic piano fingering
I am a parent. That is the same type question I would like to ask.

I am curious about how to go advance on piano technique in soft mozart.

Does soft mozart indicates finger position in advance level eyenote music sheet?

Also, does music sheet show expression like stacco , legato, gradually forte,
and the big arc over 2 or multiple notes? How will kid learn these things?

Also would like the kid to enter the national piano test for a judge to grade the level? Would this be suggested? And soft mozart help on that? I would think that if the kid in soft mozart program post the grade for each phase, it would be very encouraging, right?

More
21 Feb 2013 20:16 - 21 Feb 2013 20:20 #8455 by andreasro
Replied by andreasro on topic piano fingering

Mel02 wrote: I am a parent. That is the same type question I would like to ask.

I am curious about how to go advance on piano technique in soft mozart.

Does soft mozart indicates finger position in advance level eyenote music sheet?

As a parent, here's what I've learned so far: :)

The teaching videos section here: http://softmozart.com/forum/55-teaching-videos.html will help polish the pieces, see the fingering, work on the technique (you also need a digital piano, not a keyboard for that; keyboards are good for beginning, you need pianos with weight-sensitive keys to work better on your technique).
There you can find videos for finger exercises, and for playing sogs in the Soft Mozart library using the metronome or practicing without it.

Mel02 wrote: Also, does music sheet show expression like stacco , legato, gradually forte,
and the big arc over 2 or multiple notes? How will kid learn these things?

Again, just as a non-literate in music, I have seen that in Gentle Piano, right in presentation 1, you have things you find in musical notation. Note in some pieces that you have to press keys longer till the flower blooms and you see more notes passing till you do that. So in my understanding you are learning and are using step by step, from beginner to advance level, from one song album to another, and even from presentation 1 to presentation 6.

Mel02 wrote:
Also would like the kid to enter the national piano test for a judge to grade the level? Would this be suggested? And soft mozart help on that? I would think that if the kid in soft mozart program post the grade for each phase, it would be very encouraging, right?

Soft Mozart has an Academy too, with 7 levels you can reach at your own pace. Here's the board for the Academy, with teaching videos, credit guidelines for each beginner level and level 1 for now: http://www.softmozart.com/forum/22-soft-mozart-academy---academia.html

For motivation and not only, you can practice with Soft Mozart for local competitions and contests, either at the school or region or give recitals for the family and more. We do have even here, on the forum, children who have gone to organized competitions in their area and they have great success.

Andrea
Last edit: 21 Feb 2013 20:20 by andreasro.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mrs.Post

• Mel02
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
21 Feb 2013 21:30 #8458 by Mel02
Replied by Mel02 on topic piano fingering
We do have digit piano.

The one you mentioned about "flower boom" is more of note duration, the length of note -- beats of note.

Just other expressions in general music sheet are what make me curious that how to learn from soft mozart.

More
22 Feb 2013 05:52 #8465 by Mrs.Post
Replied by Mrs.Post on topic piano fingering
Mel02,

Welcome to the forum! Andrea and I are volunteer parents on this board who are learning all of this new (no music background) along with a bunch of other parents

Andrea has done a fine job of beginning to answer your questions, but I can tell you are looking for more information that either of us have. I would ask that you be a little patient as the creator of the program, Hellene, is currently working on some software upgrades to make things a bit more user friendly. If we can give her till the middle or end of next week, I think she will be ready to answer your questions. Any response I would give is probably going to be wrong. Thanks so much for understanding. I don't want you to feel like you are not getting the answers you want.

Time to create page: 0.083 seconds