fbpx

Our Promotion

Save, Сэкономьте, Ahorrar
The 'Butterfly Ball' is Officially Over. What Next?/ "Бал Бабочек" закончен. Что дальше?/La Gala de Mariposas ha terminado oficialmente. ¿Qué sigue? (12 Feb 2024)

Unlock Your 'Butterfly Ball' Benefits: Certificates and Discounts Awaiting!
Откройте для себя преимущества «Бала Бабочек»: начинаем производить сертификаты и назначать скидки!
¡Desbloquea tus beneficios de la Gala de Mariposas: Certificados y descuentos te esperan!

× Suggestion Box

About forum posting - creating forum filters

More
07 May 2012 19:07 - 07 May 2012 19:11 #3508 by andreasro
I've seen some new topics that are not at all related neither to the board they're listed in, nor to the Soft Mozart forum itself.

I would suggest to have a set of rules for membership and posting, as in any forum online and also measures to be taken if a member does not comply. Rules are good anywhere. We use rules in music too, right?

For instance, the member, in the cases mentioned above / spammers, can be advised to delete or edit the message to suit the board or that message or topic will be deleted by the administrator. And if the situation persists - and I think the programmers or website administrators can find out even the IP address of a person who makes different membership names - the member can be banned.

It would be such a pity to have the forum filled with non-useful stuff and to have new topics non-related to SM forum and its purpose.

And also, Hellene, if you think some things are way up your time possibilities, then find or choose forum moderators to help you with some things. Forums growing bigger, like Brillkids, use this structure, and it's pretty helpful.

Andrea
Last edit: 07 May 2012 19:11 by andreasro.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
08 May 2012 02:29 #3540 by hellene

andreasro wrote: I've seen some new topics that are not at all related neither to the board they're listed in, nor to the Soft Mozart forum itself.

I would suggest to have a set of rules for membership and posting, as in any forum online and also measures to be taken if a member does not comply. Rules are good anywhere. We use rules in music too, right?

For instance, the member, in the cases mentioned above / spammers, can be advised to delete or edit the message to suit the board or that message or topic will be deleted by the administrator. And if the situation persists - and I think the programmers or website administrators can find out even the IP address of a person who makes different membership names - the member can be banned.

It would be such a pity to have the forum filled with non-useful stuff and to have new topics non-related to SM forum and its purpose.

And also, Hellene, if you think some things are way up your time possibilities, then find or choose forum moderators to help you with some things. Forums growing bigger, like Brillkids, use this structure, and it's pretty helpful.

Andrea

Yes, Andrea,
We are having some 'robots' posting spam every day. Amount of them is growing with the popularity of the site. They have nothing to do with Soft Mozart and we ban them with no warning.
There are about 20-30 a day, though and sometimes we are behind. We can add an option that called 'capture': before posting everyone should place letters or numbers shown above or below... But we think that we would try our best to clean the forum and if the situation will become more complicated, will ask for moderators - volunteers.

Back to the Mozart

More
08 May 2012 08:28 #3544 by andreasro
Oh, I see.Well, "capture" may be a bit annoying for a posting member, but it is used so often that I think people got used to it. Maybe you should use it too here. In this case the spamming problem perhaps would be solved without much trouble.

More
08 May 2012 08:54 #3547 by Mandabplus3
I hate capture, just for the record I would rather volunteer to delete the posts! I never get those letters right the first time! :( plus I check in here most days.
Is there a way to make everyone use capture just for the opening of a new topic? Or maybe just once for each person...rather than every post. It would be a pain to do it each time I updated my progress report. If it is robots they may give up on the first attempt but I know it's unlikely.

More
08 May 2012 12:25 #3554 by hellene

Mandabplus3 wrote: I hate capture, just for the record I would rather volunteer to delete the posts! I never get those letters right the first time! :( plus I check in here most days.
Is there a way to make everyone use capture just for the opening of a new topic? Or maybe just once for each person...rather than every post. It would be a pain to do it each time I updated my progress report. If it is robots they may give up on the first attempt but I know it's unlikely.

I don't like the capture either! If we'll have them -just for new members at the beginning to eliminate robots and spammers.

I am going to send the instruction about how to 'kill' the spam to all the members of our PTO tonight.

We will not give them any chance! ;)

Back to the Mozart

More
08 May 2012 12:41 #3556 by hellene
Manda, please, let me know, if you managed to read my personal message!
If not, please, drop me a line at admin at softmozart dot com

Back to the Mozart

Time to create page: 0.077 seconds