fbpx

Our Promotion

Save, Сэкономьте, Ahorrar
The 'Butterfly Ball' is Officially Over. What Next?/ "Бал Бабочек" закончен. Что дальше?/La Gala de Mariposas ha terminado oficialmente. ¿Qué sigue? (12 Feb 2024)

Unlock Your 'Butterfly Ball' Benefits: Certificates and Discounts Awaiting!
Откройте для себя преимущества «Бала Бабочек»: начинаем производить сертификаты и назначать скидки!
¡Desbloquea tus beneficios de la Gala de Mariposas: Certificados y descuentos te esperan!

× Suggestion Box

How to make a presentation?

More
11 Mar 2012 21:25 #2470 by Nataly
How to tell friends? How to share with music teachers? Which link is best to send? I’m looking for answers to these questions…

I told my friends. Might have been too emotional, kept jumping from one topic to the next, I demonstrated the program. I did not inspire them. But this is for now. For close friends there is still a chance to try again.

For the acquaintances I’m not expecting a second chance. I sent to them the link for the site, for the video. I might have picked the wrong pages. The music teachers looked very basic not interesting, I thought.

I sent a link to the preschool teacher with a suggestion to have a parent meeting and have me bring a keyboard and show them. I have not gotten a response yet. And I don’t want to pressure her. I just am planning to send the information to all the parents.
And I started thinking, how to do it best, and what videos to send?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 Mar 2012 14:24 #2475 by hellene
Replied by hellene on topic How to make a presentation?

Nataly wrote: How to tell friends? How to share with music teachers? Which link is best to send? I’m looking for answers to these questions…

I understand your confusion very well! Please, give your English speaking friends this video to watch first:

For music teachers it will be interesting also to read my article that had been published by Moscow conservatory in the book for educators:
softmozart.com/our-library/articles/49-m...rvatory-article.html

They also would be interested to know that we have winners of piano competitions, who started with Soft Mozart and accelerate their progress with it - softmozart.com/forum/29-share-video/1702...-of-fame-videos.html

We have more students and going to add them to the section very soon.

I told my friends. Might have been too emotional, kept jumping from one topic to the next, I demonstrated the program. I did not inspire them. But this is for now. For close friends there is still a chance to try again.

The main problem here is that the Soft Way to Mozart curriculum is way too deep and have too many components in it. Better to let them try 'Hot Cross Buns' and Guess Key and lay back. If they will 'get it'- they will get it/

For the acquaintances I’m not expecting a second chance. I sent to them the link for the site, for the video. I might have picked the wrong pages. The music teachers looked very basic not interesting, I thought.

Do you remember, how eager were you to get the first computer? The program is way too new for them, much out of their 'comfort zone'. Piano teachers had built months and months of 'their own ways' to teach students Grand Staff one note at a time. It is hard for them to dismiss all their little discoveries and inventions. They invested in them! The best way to convince them to try is to tell them that Soft Mozart is not a conflicting approach - it will just accelerate their methods.

I sent a link to the preschool teacher with a suggestion to have a parent meeting and have me bring a keyboard and show them. I have not gotten a response yet. And I don’t want to pressure her. I just am planning to send the information to all the parents.
And I started thinking, how to do it best, and what videos to send?

For the preschool parents the best videos are about toddlers playing piano. This is my favorite:

Back to the Mozart
The following user(s) said Thank You: andreasro, NadiaD, Nataly

More
15 Mar 2012 02:54 #2523 by Nataly
Replied by Nataly on topic How to make a presentation?
I still have 2 months before the end of preschool. Maybe first I'll ask the
moms in our class about their position on music education, are they planning
to teach their kids how to play piano. I will either find out about their
hopes and opinions or they will start thinking about this question.

More
15 Mar 2012 08:18 #2528 by Mandabplus3
I have found the best way to get people interested is to grab a kid ( preferably their own kid!) and show them how to play something. If the parent or teacher is at all impressed they will ask questions :) use the kids as the bait :) take it to preschool play with the kids, try and do it around parent pick up time and see how it goes.
I had an interesting conversation at the music store where I went to get my guitar restrung (which I don't know how to do myself) I mentioned that the piano program my kids are learning on is much easier to understand than the method book I picked up while I was there for school. He was quick to sing the praises of all the wonderful electronic music games around now. Mentioning specifically guitar hero ( he was a guitar player after all!) he said the young boys he is teaching now are coming to learn with some real transferable skills and saving a fortune in lessons and boredom.
We are in a digital age now. Kids learn to read on computer games, learn math on iPad apps and learn music in digital format. Maybe this can help you....
The following user(s) said Thank You: NadiaD, Nataly

More
21 Apr 2012 03:37 #3038 by Nataly
Replied by Nataly on topic How to make a presentation?
I spoke with moms in my daughter‘s class in Preschool and sent e-mail each parent with links. Finally the teacher asked me to do a short demo during our regular night adult meeting. I have a three weeks for prepare.

I’ll bring a keyboard and notebook at this evening. And I have very limited time for presentation :( I don’t know how organize a first step of presentation. Could you help me please?

More
21 Apr 2012 05:17 #3040 by Mandabplus3
I think a quick child demonstration to start would be good. Talk about how long it took the child to get that good at the piece they play. Then ask a parent to come and have a go! I think you could give a quick talk about how the program works. About how it is perfectly suited to children this age and that they don't need to wait until they are 6 or 8 to start learning piano.
It would be good to have a handout/brochure full of information and links. Open up for questions or ask parents to come and find you to answer questions. I would also offer to have the keyboard at the preschool for a week so interested parents can try it out.
The following user(s) said Thank You: andreasro, Nataly

Time to create page: 0.096 seconds