fbpx

Our Promotion

Save, Сэкономьте, Ahorrar
The 'Butterfly Ball' is Officially Over. What Next?/ "Бал Бабочек" закончен. Что дальше?/La Gala de Mariposas ha terminado oficialmente. ¿Qué sigue? (12 Feb 2024)

Unlock Your 'Butterfly Ball' Benefits: Certificates and Discounts Awaiting!
Откройте для себя преимущества «Бала Бабочек»: начинаем производить сертификаты и назначать скидки!
¡Desbloquea tus beneficios de la Gala de Mariposas: Certificados y descuentos te esperan!

× Summer 2012 Curriculum

HELP!!

More
22 Aug 2013 21:10 #11629 by liesel
HELP!! was created by liesel
I received my starter package, have my stickers on, have unzipped the 7 zip exe file, have tried soft piano, but I don't really know what I'm doing!!

Thanks in advance for your help!! :unsure:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
22 Aug 2013 21:28 - 22 Aug 2013 21:29 #11630 by andreasro
Replied by andreasro on topic HELP!!
Hello! :)

Did you receive the User Manual on your CD?

In the first pages after the legal notice you have a quick guide.
Also, the sample curriculum helps to get an idea.
Or, you can look here, in the last year's curriculum ,
choose the thread apropriate for the age of the one using the software (is it you? then open the one with adult beginner ) and start learning following those guidelines.

Hope this helps you a bit :)

Andrea Sandu
Soft Mozart PTO
Last edit: 22 Aug 2013 21:29 by andreasro.

More
23 Aug 2013 03:40 #11631 by liesel
Replied by liesel on topic HELP!!
Yes, I have opened the quick guide, but I am still confused. I'm not musically-inclined myself, and I am more of a hands-on learner, so trying to read through the guide and understand what I am to be doing is not working. I wanted to purchase Soft Mozart so that my children (7,5,2), along with my husband and myself could learn to play piano, so I'm anxious to get going. Is there anyone that I could go to for a demonstration/orientation of sorts?

Thanks!

More
23 Aug 2013 07:03 #11636 by andreasro
Replied by andreasro on topic HELP!!
Oh, you have 3 children of different ages using it? That is great! Congratulations! You should start using it too! You would be a model to them and they may try to be better too and they will :lol: just like my son or others did. We also have parents that really amaze us and are models for the rest of us. With busy lives, no musical background, they play tough musical pieces just because they like it and play whenever they can, even when children are asleep ;) .

I started as musically illiterate about a year and half ago and have been playing myself.
I recommend you read Hellene's first book, "You CAN Be A Musician" (free) , in case you haven't already. It gives any user the background needed to start using the software and also it explains why Soft Mozart is structured this way and what is the reason for each part of it.

Also, her posts about teaching toddlers is great as mothers have shared their experience too.

NOTE: It is very difficult to write in a manual or guide something for all ages and levels. It would take too many pages and it is really not possible to help each individual that is why we have this forum. We are also working on an elearning free platform meant to be even more helpful and ease the communication between the student and Soft Mozart teachers and give a better way to use the curriculum online.

Shall we start with the smallest one :) ?
For a 2 year old, this answer may be a place to start teaching. It has videos that show you what to do. Also, on Hellene Hiner's YouTube Channel you can search by age and find different useful videos.

The curriculum guidelines for early learners are here, for Semester 1: http://softmozart.com/forum/54-semester-september-1-december-31-of-2012/5301-early-learners--24-months-to-5-year.html

For the 5 and 7 year old you may look at Semester 1 guidelines for their level - Beginners 5 to adults: http://softmozart.com/forum/54-semester-september-1-december-31-of-2012/5303-beginners-age-5--to-adults.html . They are made by Hellene Hiner and the order of the tasks is made in a way that it develops abilities the student needs to play piano.

Please make a separate thread for each child in this section, Progress Diaries: http://softmozart.com/forum/33-progress-diaries.html
Wherever you have a module, like Note Alphabet or other in the guidelines, use the User Manual to see the shorcuts and meanings of characters and symbols. Then try it and take a screenshot or picture of the results over time. It is always best to have results written in a notebook when using Soft Mozart modules. This way you see progress day by day and with each use and you can encourage children.

A new curriculum, for this academic year will be available next month. Until then the one from last year is very good.

Hope this helps more :)

Andrea

More
31 Jul 2014 20:22 #15696 by Lorde
Replied by Lorde on topic HELP!!
I felt the same. Good to know it was not only me. I hope you are now on the road.
Regards,
Lorde

More
31 Jul 2014 20:28 #15697 by Lorde
Replied by Lorde on topic HELP!!
This is very helpful for us. Thank you

Time to create page: 0.095 seconds