fbpx

Our Promotion

Save, Сэкономьте, Ahorrar
The 'Butterfly Ball' is Officially Over. What Next?/ "Бал Бабочек" закончен. Что дальше?/La Gala de Mariposas ha terminado oficialmente. ¿Qué sigue? (12 Feb 2024)

Unlock Your 'Butterfly Ball' Benefits: Certificates and Discounts Awaiting!
Откройте для себя преимущества «Бала Бабочек»: начинаем производить сертификаты и назначать скидки!
¡Desbloquea tus beneficios de la Gala de Mariposas: Certificados y descuentos te esperan!

× Progress Diaries

GREAT NEWS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Pianomom5
  • Pianomom5's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
13 Nov 2012 21:03 #6795 by Pianomom5
:woohoo: Hi Everyone,
Well, first an update from last time I wrote... we were going to meet with the Judge to try and finalize the adoption...HE APPROVED IT TODAY!!!!!! Finally, we have some closure...it's been a long, long road...over 3 years and finally it's over. It's almost anticlimatic. After so long, I would have expected fireworks or something. BUT, I will take it.

So, I have to say that practicing my new song, which I love, Lara's Theme, has been very theraputic. I have been concentrating on the first 6 bars or so. I am trying to get that down really well so that I can feel like I am really learning it. For me, since I took lessons as a kid, I find it easier to practice with the program using the notes C, D, E etc... and then practice on my regular piano. It works out pretty good. I am also playing all the Christmas songs to practice reading notes because Hellene says I am memorizing more than reading. Of course, my memory isn't all that great so I can't memorize too much at a time. Maybe now that I have one less thing to worry about, my brain will work better :)

Nolan, my 8 yr old, is playing the descendants of shinobi....he loves it. It is really hard and Hellene told him he is going to have a challenge with this one but he wanted to do it anyway. I told him if he was dead set on doing it, he better not let anyone down. Practicing is always a struggle as I am sure it is for most. He plays soccer and that right now is his passion. If I can get him to practice 10 min a day, I am lucky. He has this video game he plays called minecraft and the deal is that if he doesn't practice, he doesn't play. So far, it seems to be working. Hellene had to talk to him a bit at the lesson because he was getting distracted a bit too easily. He was winning at his game and completed what she gave him to do very quickly. He is a busy body so keeping him still is always a struggle.

Rylan is playing Overture and he seems to be the most talented of us all. He does need to practice but his brain works differently and it seems to come easier to him that to the rest of us. I have no doubt he will be ready for the recital. Hellene seems to think Rylan does pretty well too.

Angelina is doing great! Hellene really sees a change in her with her focus and so do I. She has really improved both in concentration when learning her songs and in school. I think I mentioned that she repeated kinder because she was so young when she started the first time and she had to learn the language etc... It was the best thing we could have done. Adding piano has also been the best thing. I see how she is blossoming and it's wonderful to see. She loves playing the games on the program and she does ask for me to set up the program so she can practice. She sign, do re mi all the time and sometimes...not really on the right keys all the time, but she will play anywhere she finds keys, even on the ipad piano app. I am very happy that she likes it. She hasn't advanced in songs much but that may be more my fault that hers.

Overall, I am very happy so far with our success with Hellene and the program. I need to renew my software purchase and I think we will do perpetual because I see this as a program that we can all use. Even my boys that aren't taking lessons use it. Jackson, my 11 yr old is learning Titanic. He even played what he learned on his friends piano. It was great. So, I think so far, it has been well worth the money and believe me....we don't have much extra nowadays after our money sucking attorney. He asked me today to return some paperwork so he could file it for me....I laughed and said, "thanks but no thanks," for $250 and hour, I can read and send in the form myself! I am not stupid....I am catching on real fast!!!

Anyway, sorry for the long post....I had some time and I thought I would share... Take care!

Ooh...one more thing...I have a new phone and I can downloand/upload directly to youtube so I may be able to load videos more often, because to get the camera and do it, is a pain in the bum!!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 Nov 2012 05:04 #6798 by andreasro
:woohoo: Congratulations for the adoption! And.... :lol: for the document thing with the attourney! God, it's so expensive! Do you have money left lo eat and live after paying him :ohmy: ?

Glad to hear about your progress :) Keep us posted!

More
14 Nov 2012 09:12 #6803 by Mandabplus3
:woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: yay! for the adoption!!! :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: You know I have been wondering too!
What a lovely update of your progress. My oldest child makes piano look easy too! :P I stuggle to keep ahead of her and lets face it if she had any idea she would zip right past me. She is much better at LEARNING new pieces than I am. much less time at the keyboard for her results in better music. Lucky I am just proud and not jealous ! ;)

More
14 Nov 2012 22:49 #6814 by hellene
I am sooo happy for you especially to consider that it will be Best Holidays Ever for your family!
Angelina is a super girl and I was so worried about her and all the trouble that you went through.
Thank you for Wonderful news!

Back to the Mozart

Time to create page: 0.082 seconds