fbpx

Our Promotion

Save, Сэкономьте, Ahorrar
The 'Butterfly Ball' is Officially Over. What Next?/ "Бал Бабочек" закончен. Что дальше?/La Gala de Mariposas ha terminado oficialmente. ¿Qué sigue? (12 Feb 2024)

Unlock Your 'Butterfly Ball' Benefits: Certificates and Discounts Awaiting!
Откройте для себя преимущества «Бала Бабочек»: начинаем производить сертификаты и назначать скидки!
¡Desbloquea tus beneficios de la Gala de Mariposas: Certificados y descuentos te esperan!

× Progress Diaries

Jaykob age 4 5th month with soft mozart

More
02 May 2012 22:10 #3357 by Mandabplus3
for earlier posts see 3rd month
www.softmozart.com/forum/33-progress-dia...limit=6&start=24
2nd month
www.softmozart.com/forum/33-progress-dia...ith-soft-mozart.html
first month

Wow 5 months have past! I am still surprised by all that we have learnt in such a short time, I know more is possible we have only scratched the surface. For those of you wondering your average 4 year old could be ALOT further ahead of where Jaykob is if they had a mummy or daddy who was more dedicated to ensuring daily practice :) we have a pretty relaxed attitude at this house...enthusiastic but relaxed :lol:

So this morning Jaykob played Jingle Bells and was happy to play both hands today. He actually asked me for both hands :woohoo: He was slow (199 today) but held the melody for most of the piece. His ear is improving dramatically. This morning we were using little musician and he recognized the notes in the cords do me so and mi so do. He seems to have a better feel for music overall now. Today he played for me his own music :) He played me a sad song " mummy this is a sad sad song" and slowly played a tune. Then " this one is a happy song" and played me a fast paced bouncy song. This shows his confidence with sounds has increased. My aim of having them all enjoy music making music is coming along nicely :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
04 May 2012 01:26 #3403 by hellene

Mandabplus3 wrote: for earlier posts see 3rd month
www.softmozart.com/forum/33-progress-dia...limit=6&start=24
2nd month
first month

Wow 5 months have past! I am still surprised by all that we have learnt in such a short time, I know more is possible we have only scratched the surface. For those of you wondering your average 4 year old could be ALOT further ahead of where Jaykob is if they had a mummy or daddy who was more dedicated to ensuring daily practice :) we have a pretty relaxed attitude at this house...enthusiastic but relaxed :lol:

This is absolutely right and healthy attitude!

So this morning Jaykob played Jingle Bells and was happy to play both hands today. He actually asked me for both hands :woohoo:

Wow! That's the spirit!

He was slow (199 today) but held the melody for most of the piece. His ear is improving dramatically. This morning we were using little musician and he recognized the notes in the cords do me so and mi so do. He seems to have a better feel for music overall now.

Is he still singing the music notes, when playing?

Today he played for me his own music :) He played me a sad song " mummy this is a sad sad song" and slowly played a tune. Then " this one is a happy song" and played me a fast paced bouncy song. This shows his confidence with sounds has increased. My aim of having them all enjoy music making music is coming along nicely :)

Why am I not surprised to read this? ;)

I am very happy to hear about such results!

Back to the Mozart

More
07 May 2012 09:36 #3495 by andreasro
Well done, Jaykob and mom! :)
So, Manda, last year, did you even think that all of you will get to this level in piano learning? :lol:

More
07 May 2012 09:52 #3498 by Mandabplus3
Absolutely not! To be completeyly honest I had given up on teching the kids until they hit grade 1 at school and slowly progressed through 3 years of boring beginner music books... lets face it at least one of my kids would have quit before year 2! Now they have the option to learn, have some fun and most importantly play something they like! I am regulaly putting notes in Natalyas piano note book saying "she doent like this piece, lets not waste time pulling out teeth with it :) "
As for myself I had just figured I would never learn. Well what a surprize! :cheer:

More
23 May 2012 09:30 #3986 by Mandabplus3
So Jaykobs reaction to the recital has been interesting. He watched another 4 year old playing Jingle Bells with two hands and said " I can do that mummy" and then did!

He tells me it is good enough for the competition, I said I think we should practice it just a bit more. Now he wants me to record him every time he plays it! :lol: But he has been cry enthusiastic to practice this last week. There is a que at the paino every afternoon!

Time to create page: 0.077 seconds