fbpx

Our Promotion

Save, Сэкономьте, Ahorrar
The 'Butterfly Ball' is Officially Over. What Next?/ "Бал Бабочек" закончен. Что дальше?/La Gala de Mariposas ha terminado oficialmente. ¿Qué sigue? (12 Feb 2024)

Unlock Your 'Butterfly Ball' Benefits: Certificates and Discounts Awaiting!
Откройте для себя преимущества «Бала Бабочек»: начинаем производить сертификаты и назначать скидки!
¡Desbloquea tus beneficios de la Gala de Mariposas: Certificados y descuentos te esperan!

× Progress Diaries

29 months old Alexandra starting the SM journey

More
08 Mar 2012 21:32 #2430 by lela
Finally we started our journey! First I have made large flashcards of the solfeggio music notation and showed it to my daughter once yesterday and twice today. Before bed she wanted to flash the pictures to me so I let her and she was actually reading it and got everything right. I am very pleased. She likes the pictures representing the notes and even though that sometimes she says what is on the picture in Slovak language she "reads" the name of the notes correctly.
We were also looking at the game options in the afternoon to get to know the program and we tried Guess key school and I think that she understands what she has to do as she was shouting at the spider not to touch it :lol:
We don't have our SM area properly set up yet so it was a bit tricky to look at the laptop and the keyboard as well but I am sure she will enjoy playing this game. :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: hellene

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
09 Mar 2012 22:42 #2441 by Mandabplus3
A wonderful start. You both sound full of enthusiasm :) a good solid knowledge of the note pictures and names is vital for the little ones to succeed. Once she knows them start to introduce note order. Or do both at the same time by always flashing your cards in the right order and in the correct reverse order. You can start from any note.
She has done well to understand the guess key game so quickly. Most of our kids needed quite a bit of extra support for this one. Others used a bucket and physically placed a ball in the bucket for each correct guess then counted the balls after 2 minutes ( or sometimes 30 seconds :)) choose a time limit that suits alexandrias level of patience/ attention span and stop the game at that time each time you play and record the score. That way it will be easy for you both to see the improvements she makes. If you can play for 1-2 minutes daily she will improve rapidly.
The following user(s) said Thank You: hellene, QueRiquita

More
10 Mar 2012 09:12 #2454 by QueRiquita
welcome to the journey! i'm looking forward to reading more from you guys :)

More
11 Mar 2012 21:45 #2471 by lela
Thanks for your replies, it is encouraging :)

This is our second day using SM :) . We worked with solfeggio flash cards and she definitely knows the names even before she sees the picture. I think I have just realized that she can read 2-3 letter words ;) .
We played the Guess key game today - see the video-sorry not the best quality but I post it here for the records anyway. Will try to record better one later (she is not a big fan of recording her so that is a tricky task for me :P ).

She wanted me to join her so at the end I pressed the key twice myself. (oops I called the key -button at the beginning, sorry :whistle: )

Our new keyboard table is coming soon so for now a big box is doing the work :blush:

More
12 Mar 2012 13:59 #2474 by hellene

lela wrote: Thanks for your replies, it is encouraging :)

This is our second day using SM :) . We worked with solfeggio flash cards and she definitely knows the names even before she sees the picture. I think I have just realized that she can read 2-3 letter words ;) .
We played the Guess key game today - see the video-sorry not the best quality but I post it here for the records anyway. Will try to record better one later (she is not a big fan of recording her so that is a tricky task for me :P ).

She wanted me to join her so at the end I pressed the key twice myself. (oops I called the key -button at the beginning, sorry :whistle: )

Our new keyboard table is coming soon so for now a big box is doing the work :blush:

Lela, thank you very much for sharing this video! It is so cute to watch your daughter taking your finger and pressing the notes with it!

I noticed that the sounds goes from the computer. You can provide a simple tuning and receive them coming from your piano. Just go to ALL PROGRAMS - TOOLS - TUNING - sounds play back. Switch it just for the computer+piano games.

Another important task is - to work with cards and be familiar with the notes order.

You have very good voice! Ask Aleksandra also sing later. It helps to develop and voice and pitch recognition.

Back to the Mozart
The following user(s) said Thank You: the Moon

More
14 Mar 2012 21:09 - 14 Mar 2012 21:11 #2510 by lela
Thank you Hellen- I am glad my singing won't destroy her hearing :P

Today Saška wanted me to switch on the keyboard while I was preparing dinner. She was practising solfedge - she sang it backwards as well but I wasn't quick enough to record it :S
She was quite impressed by the sound of the low C on the piano :lol:

(we are reading "I will fill my box" alphabeth books at the moment so that is why she sits in the box :P )

I have also made a little game for her and I wonder what she says when she sees it tommorow.
See the pictures - the lines are from velcro and the notes have velcro or magnets attached to them.
I will have to make big solfedge cards as I think I showed her Nadia's video practising solfedge and now my little one wants to walk over our matching solfedge cards :lol:
Attachments:
Last edit: 14 Mar 2012 21:11 by lela.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mandabplus3, the Moon, Galka

Time to create page: 0.084 seconds