fbpx

Our Promotion

Save, Сэкономьте, Ahorrar
The 'Butterfly Ball' is Officially Over. What Next?/ "Бал Бабочек" закончен. Что дальше?/La Gala de Mariposas ha terminado oficialmente. ¿Qué sigue? (12 Feb 2024)

Unlock Your 'Butterfly Ball' Benefits: Certificates and Discounts Awaiting!
Откройте для себя преимущества «Бала Бабочек»: начинаем производить сертификаты и назначать скидки!
¡Desbloquea tus beneficios de la Gala de Mariposas: Certificados y descuentos te esperan!

× Progress Diaries

Before Officially Starting

More
16 Feb 2012 20:15 - 10 Mar 2012 06:12 #2041 by QueRiquita
A BIT ABOUT US: www.softmozart.com/forum/2-introduce-you...-from-va-usa--d.html

AND WHERE THIS THREAD LEADS: www.softmozart.com/forum/33-progress-dia...tejoey-age-31mo.html

So, I may be a bit bummed that we have everything except a working connection between the keyboard and computer, but I am happy to make the following comments about our 'pre progress' progress.

1) Kaelie (9 months old), LOVES 'banging' on the keys. she'll stand in front of it and pluck away, while shaking her head and 'ahh ahh ohhh ohh ahh'ing to the 'beat' lol. it's cute. i really should attach a camera to the inside of my eye so that it's ready to film when she does it. ;-) i think she is going to be quite the musician. at this age, joey loved running around and took months before he started 'dancing'. kaelie, on the other hand, has been moving and shaking to music for what seems like 'forever'. i will say, on his behalf, that it wasn't until he saw a music video of - was it beyonce or shakira - that he was compelled to make his way over to try and grab the screen. fortunately, there was a table in the way, so he ended up just gyrating his hips hoping to dance along lol.

2) as for joey now 30 months. we've been playing a variety of lr music instruments, different songs, kinderbach, your child can discover, which also has pitch clips, tune toddler, as well as having him overhear me practice warm-ups. i've noticed that he'll correctly sing out the letters on the lr 3-note sessions (i'm wondering if this is similar to what is being planned for lmu). anyway, the funny thing is that recently he's been telling me to stop singing lol hmmm you think i'm off pitch? ;-) you think i should stop singing if i am? personally, i don't. i tell him that it makes me happy and that if he wants to join, he can, but that it's not nice to ask me to stop. yes, i want him to 'get it' when it comes to music, but i also don't want him to be a music snob. there's more to music and dancing than having it sound and look perfect, imo, and i want both of them to learn to appreciate self-expression, even if it's not quite up to their standards, or those of others. so yeah. we'll see how he progresses.

an exciting thing happened yesterday, that i almost didn't even notice - makes me wonder how many things they do that i truly don't notice! i put a toy piano on the table while he snacked and watched his video. here's the link www.google.com/imgres?hl=en&biw=1264&bih...p=21&ved=0CEgQrQMwAQ . i bought it over a year ago (wish i had known about sm back then, but better NOW than later, at least). anyway, he was hitting the notes in order, including half steps, up and down. it may not sound like a big deal, but to me it was, especially because we haven't done any true 'sessions' with him yet (darn usb/midi cables that don't work!). it impressed me because to me this was an intentional playing, rather than just hitting whatever. and more so because it was from memory. does anyone else get mom-guilt and feel that they should be better trained, or doing more, or offering a better situation? yes, i know that when compared to others, it seems like we're doing quite a bit, but still, i'll catch myself falling into it now and then. maybe because i've been waiting soooo long to get this going and feel like we're 'wasting precious time'. i just have to keep telling myself to not stress it, enjoy the process, and pass the love for learning ... not the stress of not ;-)

you guys were right - i need to take more time to do longer posts to vent ;-) it is cathartic - thanks!
Last edit: 10 Mar 2012 06:12 by QueRiquita. Reason: Added 'A bit about us' and 'Where this thread leads' links

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 Feb 2012 21:55 #2043 by Mandabplus3
Oh goody another mummy on here who is going to make me laugh!
My kids tell me to stop singing too, but never during soft Mozart LOL I tell Em no I am having fun and sing louder, I grab their hands and start dancing and they are always suckered into joining in! :P
Joey will learn quickly if he can already bang out and copy a sequence. Amazing stuff! I can see you all having a great time with this program.
We were all sooo eager to get started, we all felt like you. It's amazing just how enthusiastic we get with the promise of a really good program. Waiting for the postman almost sent me crazy! Start with the flash cards and learn the note order while you sort it all out. It is super important to have some familiarity with the note pictures before you start. Check out the sharing files and get a laminator :)

More
20 Feb 2012 15:53 #2072 by hellene
Replied by hellene on topic Before Officially Starting

QueRiquita wrote: So, I may be a bit bummed that we have everything except a working connection between the keyboard and computer, but I am happy to make the following comments about our 'pre progress' progress.

Please, write to us the email: what OS do you use, what piano and what connector. We will be happy to help you to connect everything with everything! :)

1) Kaelie (9 months old), LOVES 'banging' on the keys. she'll stand in front of it and pluck away, while shaking her head and 'ahh ahh ohhh ohh ahh'ing to the 'beat' lol. it's cute. i really should attach a camera to the inside of my eye so that it's ready to film when she does it. ;-)

Please, do it ASAP. The kids grow fast!

i think she is going to be quite the musician. at this age, joey loved running around and took months before he started 'dancing'. kaelie, on the other hand, has been moving and shaking to music for what seems like 'forever'. i will say, on his behalf, that it wasn't until he saw a music video of - was it beyonce or shakira - that he was compelled to make his way over to try and grab the screen. fortunately, there was a table in the way, so he ended up just gyrating his hips hoping to dance along lol.

:lol:

2) as for joey now 30 months. we've been playing a variety of lr music instruments, different songs, kinderbach, your child can discover, which also has pitch clips, tune toddler, as well as having him overhear me practice warm-ups. i've noticed that he'll correctly sing out the letters on the lr 3-note sessions (i'm wondering if this is similar to what is being planned for lmu). anyway, the funny thing is that recently he's been telling me to stop singing lol hmmm you think i'm off pitch? ;-) you think i should stop singing if i am? personally, i don't. i tell him that it makes me happy and that if he wants to join, he can, but that it's not nice to ask me to stop. yes, i want him to 'get it' when it comes to music, but i also don't want him to be a music snob. there's more to music and dancing than having it sound and look perfect, imo, and i want both of them to learn to appreciate self-expression, even if it's not quite up to their standards, or those of others. so yeah. we'll see how he progresses.

I think, you are on the right direction. Soft Mozart is a great way to help you. Just connect the piano and computer!

an exciting thing happened yesterday, that i almost didn't even notice - makes me wonder how many things they do that i truly don't notice! i put a toy piano on the table while he snacked and watched his video. here's the link www.google.com/imgres?hl=en&biw=1264&bih...p=21&ved=0CEgQrQMwAQ . i bought it over a year ago (wish i had known about sm back then, but better NOW than later, at least). anyway, he was hitting the notes in order, including half steps, up and down. it may not sound like a big deal, but to me it was, especially because we haven't done any true 'sessions' with him yet (darn usb/midi cables that don't work!). it impressed me because to me this was an intentional playing, rather than just hitting whatever. and more so because it was from memory. does anyone else get mom-guilt and feel that they should be better trained, or doing more, or offering a better situation? yes, i know that when compared to others, it seems like we're doing quite a bit, but still, i'll catch myself falling into it now and then. maybe because i've been waiting soooo long to get this going and feel like we're 'wasting precious time'. i just have to keep telling myself to not stress it, enjoy the process, and pass the love for learning ... not the stress of not ;-)

Do you have Skype? Maybe, we can help you faster by communicating through it.

you guys were right - i need to take more time to do longer posts to vent ;-) it is cathartic - thanks!

Can't wait to see your posts! They are joy to read! ;)

Back to the Mozart
The following user(s) said Thank You: QueRiquita

More
01 Mar 2012 17:20 #2290 by QueRiquita
Agh I feel like screaming .... Crying ... Both *sigh*
After this last post, I spoke with someone who has a working midi cable and uses soft mozart with the same keyboard that we have. so, I ordered her same style cable. Great. Well! Low and behold, no! It finally arrived today and when i went to go load it, i cant! We dont have the program anymore! Aghhhhhh! Why? Well, shortly after ordering the cable, our NEW computer broke. Well,fortunately we were able to return it for another. Of course,while juggling the kids, the hubs was helping me and returned the computer, WITH the disk installed and USB key still attached! I'm not realizing it until way later when I am trying to set it all up again. I already called the store and yelled at them for not checking the computer before sending it back to the manufacturer! Oh, I could cry but don't have time ... Taking the kids to their Japanese playgroup now. I'm wondering why this has been a three month ordeal and if it is time to give up. Will think about it today and decide. Synthesia is free. Maybe I should just do that. Sigh. Thanks for reading my rant. Smile.

More
01 Mar 2012 18:54 #2291 by hellene
Replied by hellene on topic Before Officially Starting

QueRiquita wrote: Agh I feel like screaming .... Crying ... Both *sigh*
After this last post, I spoke with someone who has a working midi cable and uses soft mozart with the same keyboard that we have. so, I ordered her same style cable. Great. Well! Low and behold, no! It finally arrived today and when i went to go load it, i cant! We dont have the program anymore! Aghhhhhh! Why? Well, shortly after ordering the cable, our NEW computer broke. Well,fortunately we were able to return it for another. Of course,while juggling the kids, the hubs was helping me and returned the computer, WITH the disk installed and USB key still attached! I'm not realizing it until way later when I am trying to set it all up again. I already called the store and yelled at them for not checking the computer before sending it back to the manufacturer! Oh, I could cry but don't have time ... Taking the kids to their Japanese playgroup now. I'm wondering why this has been a three month ordeal and if it is time to give up. Will think about it today and decide. Synthesia is free. Maybe I should just do that. Sigh. Thanks for reading my rant. Smile.

Dear Que,
I am screeming and crying with you...
Why?
Because my invention that is called Soft Mozart IS NOT a ‘business’ this is the invention of global importance. It is so revolutionary that many unable to even comprehend the greatness of it. You know, how many times great inventions became obvious several decades or even centuries later? This is the case. Mozart now MOZART, but he died being poor and broke.
All the obstacles that YOU go through - I go 10000 more intensively. Music industry does not need my invention. All they need is YOUR MONEY. This is why all music ‘methods’ mostly work for beginners and just prodigy can make it to professional level. They already invested in something that I changed. This ‘something’ is the old looking Grand Staff.
Synthesia, Piano Wizard , method books, piano learning software and courses – they all do not touch Grand Staff and try to change your perception about it.
The difference between us and others is that we break the very ground of believes in music education – therefore we ‘uncomfortable’ for industry, Other companies have investors, they advertise, they care less about your learning success.
Soft Mozart is not a software - it is Grand Staff itself. Simplified, elementary Grand staff.
Grand Staff was invented 1000 year ago by ONE person. His name was Gvido from Arezzo. I changed it once and for good. And now my team and I swimming against the entire stream trying to reach you and other people, educate and get on our side. We go above and beyond , we have huge track of success, but we still need a lot of power to be able to grow and improve.
This is why this forum had come to existence. Yes, there are many components involved to make the program work. But it worth it!

Please, find me on Skype: olenka.hiner

Back to the Mozart

More
02 Mar 2012 01:56 #2296 by Mandabplus3
Oh nooooo! What a load of bad luck! I hope for your sake the computer company swiftly returns your product and you have just enough patience left to plug it in one more time for success. If I lived next door I am that confident in the product I would come and set it up for you. I feel for you and I understand why you feel that way. I hope you get years of enjoyment from the program to make up for all your dramas.
I personally managed to order my copy in russian, so I can relate to the delay..the excitement, the disappointment, the frustration....though you have rights to a much higher dose of it all!

Time to create page: 0.113 seconds