fbpx

Our Promotion

Save, Сэкономьте, Ahorrar
The 'Butterfly Ball' is Officially Over. What Next?/ "Бал Бабочек" закончен. Что дальше?/La Gala de Mariposas ha terminado oficialmente. ¿Qué sigue? (12 Feb 2024)

Unlock Your 'Butterfly Ball' Benefits: Certificates and Discounts Awaiting!
Откройте для себя преимущества «Бала Бабочек»: начинаем производить сертификаты и назначать скидки!
¡Desbloquea tus beneficios de la Gala de Mariposas: Certificados y descuentos te esperan!

× Progress Diaries

David, 64 years old, started February 3, 2018

More
04 Feb 2018 19:59 #28515 by davidsaroff
2/3/2018
guess key school, score 1024 10.5 minutes
musette R1 three times L1 three times P1 three times P3 three times

2/4/2018
guess key school, score 1119 9.5 minutes
The following user(s) said Thank You: Olga Egorova

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
05 Feb 2018 09:28 #28519 by hellene

davidsaroff wrote: 2/3/2018
guess key school, score 1024 10.5 minutes

David, 1024 sounds great. 10 minutes? A lot of game time ;)
Are you playing the Guess Key on ABC or Do Re Mi?
Did you reach sharps and flats?

2/4/2018
guess key school, score 1119 9.5 minutes
musette R1 three times L1 three times P1 three times P3 three times[/quote]

Musette...

I suggest to play 2 times each set.
Write the results as follows

Musette 2/4/18
R1 _xx____/____yy__ ____xx___/____yy_____

xx - number of correct notes yy - time

Compare the numbers and move on to play L1, P1 etc

Wish to see your numbers and hands playing.

HH

Back to the Mozart

More
05 Feb 2018 22:27 - 05 Feb 2018 22:30 #28525 by davidsaroff
You asked, are you playing the Guess Key on ABC or Do Re Mi?
I'm playing ABC. Yes by the sixth basket I was doing sharps and flats.

I will report as directed, thank you.

Moveable Do makes sense to those of us with relative pitch. For you with perfect pitch it is nonsense. When I practice music by singing as I walk in the forest or drive, I anchor to A-440 with a tuning fork that I always carry. Otherwise there is no knowing what key my ear finds. From A-220 to A-440 is my comfortable range. To sing in minor, I start at the A's with La. To sing in major, I start with Do. I pick out any scale on the piano remembering that Me-So and Te-Do are half steps. I will relearn your way of course, and have both ways to use. I imagine that those of us with relative pitch seem to you like the color blind do to those with normal sight. Do you know that Chinese is spoken in perfect pitch, and that is one of the reasons that many Chinese children develop perfect pitch when they learn piano?
www.scientificamerican.com/article/speaking-tonal-languages/

There is also an experimental result from the Tokyo music school successfully developing in children from age 2 to age 6 perfect pitch. It seems that it can be taught to almost everyone, if started young. If you don't know of this, please have a look at their method.
Ayako Skakibara in "Psychology of Music"
journals.sagepub.com/doi/abs/10.1177/0305735612463948

Thanks for "Imagine"
Last edit: 05 Feb 2018 22:30 by davidsaroff.

More
06 Feb 2018 22:19 #28533 by davidsaroff
2/6/2018
Guess by Key 1286 in 11 minutes
Musette
R1 34/37 16; 34/37 5; 35/37 8
L1 31/33 15; 30/33 13; 32/33 10
P1 67/70 15; 62/70 18; 65/70 21
used "s" to listen and follow along reading the scores for the rest of the pieces in the Classical 1 folder, without my hands on the keyboard

More
08 Feb 2018 10:54 #28551 by hellene
David,

davidsaroff wrote: You asked, are you playing the Guess Key on ABC or Do Re Mi?
I'm playing ABC. Yes by the sixth basket I was doing sharps and flats.

I am sure that you are developing much faster than I answering your posts ;) Unfortunately, unlike my program I have time restrictions. However, can you, after completing the Guess Key start playing it again with Do Re Mi? Of cause, if you are still within this - first - segment.

I will report as directed, thank you.

Moveable Do makes sense to those of us with relative pitch.

Can you sing C major by one syllable. Ah, Oh, Uh? Do you remember the pattern and inner intervals between the scale degrees? This is what matters!

If to apply to the same music pattern different note names as syllables, it will open the whole new world for you in regards to everything. You will witness it first hand. Give me some time for that. Let's be bi-lingual in music!

For you with perfect pitch it is nonsense. When I practice music by singing as I walk in the forest or drive, I anchor to A-440 with a tuning fork that I always carry. Otherwise there is no knowing what key my ear finds. From A-220 to A-440 is my comfortable range. To sing in minor, I start at the A's with La. To sing in major, I start with Do. I pick out any scale on the piano remembering that Me-So and Te-Do are half steps.

Me Fa you mean?
We have a characters and fairy tales for that. Do (I) is Tonic Re is a Body Guard Mi is a Maid of Honor. Something like that:
pianolearningsoftware.com/pages/transpos...r-step-and-half-step
So, we have more tools for you to use in future. Just wait!

I will relearn your way of course, and have both ways to use.

'My way' is the way of the half-planet. BTW, Julliard school of music included ;)

I imagine that those of us with relative pitch seem to you like the color blind do to those with normal sight.

Absolutely not! Perfect pitch is not what I value the most. I am for different tools that can help with different tasks and enjoyment to be more powerful and knowledgeable in music.

Do you know that Chinese is spoken in perfect pitch, and that is one of the reasons that many Chinese children develop perfect pitch when they learn piano? www.scientificamerican.com/article/speaking-tonal-languages/

David, I have a chapter in my book that is dedicated to this exact topic. Thank you for the link, though!

There is also an experimental result from the Tokyo music school successfully developing in children from age 2 to age 6 perfect pitch. It seems that it can be taught to almost everyone, if started young. If you don't know of this, please have a look at their method.
Ayako Skakibara in "Psychology of Music"
journals.sagepub.com/doi/abs/10.1177/0305735612463948

I will try to find time to read. Guess key and Gentle piano also develop perfect pitch in our students. Who knows? Maybe it is already inserted in your mind? Hehe

Thanks for "Imagine"

You are welcome!
For some reason file came out as fast. But on 1-5 you can press Q to slow it down. Did you try to learn it?

Back to the Mozart

More
08 Feb 2018 10:58 #28553 by hellene

davidsaroff wrote: 2/6/2018
Guess by Key 1286 in 11 minutes
Musette
R1 34/37 16; 34/37 5; 35/37 8
L1 31/33 15; 30/33 13; 32/33 10
P1 67/70 15; 62/70 18; 65/70 21
used "s" to listen and follow along reading the scores for the rest of the pieces in the Classical 1 folder, without my hands on the keyboard

Can you try R1H, L1H and P1H?

The next steps will be playing with TEACHING VIDEOS with the metronome and without.
Here is the link:

www.softmozart.com/forum/55-teaching-vid...rite-classics-1.html

Can you share your video, when it is complete?

Back to the Mozart

Time to create page: 0.085 seconds