fbpx

Our Promotion

Save, Сэкономьте, Ahorrar
The 'Butterfly Ball' is Officially Over. What Next?/ "Бал Бабочек" закончен. Что дальше?/La Gala de Mariposas ha terminado oficialmente. ¿Qué sigue? (12 Feb 2024)

Unlock Your 'Butterfly Ball' Benefits: Certificates and Discounts Awaiting!
Откройте для себя преимущества «Бала Бабочек»: начинаем производить сертификаты и назначать скидки!
¡Desbloquea tus beneficios de la Gala de Mariposas: Certificados y descuentos te esperan!

× Progress Diaries

It works!!!!!!

More
07 Feb 2012 19:06 #1797 by elwillits
It works!!!!!! was created by elwillits
I have a new student, a girl of ten, which studied piano before.
Very talented child, but no idea about elementary things(asked me what arpeggio is?) :oops:
Today we tried black cat- white cat-mouse chromatic scale with sticker as a reward.....Helen, you are a genius!!!!! It works like a charm! I don't know why I never gave my students stickers before...Children really like them!
She also has a problem with notes duration. Cannot wait when my soft will arrive!!!!
Second lesson using starter kit with 6 year boy. To my disappointment, he did not want play from the screen....Well, sometimes happened. People are different. But!!!!! He already knows ALL keys!
Another student,twelve year old boy , can play but cannot read music. Knows key names, which doesn't help him to read music anyway.
As he already has a clue about grand staff, I started from horizontal staff. Ode to Joy-check, Jingle bell- check, and we started Elisa.
It works, works, works 200%!
Next time will make a video!
The following user(s) said Thank You: NadiaD

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
08 Feb 2012 01:00 #1806 by hellene
Replied by hellene on topic It works!!!!!!

elwillits wrote: I have a new student, a girl of ten, which studied piano before.
Very talented child, but no idea about elementary things(asked me what arpeggio is?) :oops:
Today we tried black cat- white cat-mouse chromatic scale with sticker as a reward.....Helen, you are a genius!!!!! It works like a charm! I don't know why I never gave my students stickers before...Children really like them!

Well, a lot of time we try to teach them 'pure love for music' :dry:
But watch children's games! They like to work for interest :P Even when I give some 'music money' to 3 year old toddlers and they lose them in the game, they are not getting upset and start working harder and paying more attention. We all need excitement! Kids are not exception.

She also has a problem with notes duration. Cannot wait when my soft will arrive!!!!

Couldn't count? Didn't keep the rhythm? Problem with beats?

Second lesson using starter kit with 6 year boy. To my disappointment, he did not want play from the screen....Well, sometimes happened. People are different. But!!!!! He already knows ALL keys!

Did he explained, what is the reason for that?

Another student,twelve year old boy , can play but cannot read music. Knows key names, which doesn't help him to read music anyway.
As he already has a clue about grand staff, I started from horizontal staff. Ode to Joy-check, Jingle bell- check, and we started Elisa.
It works, works, works 200%!

I can't wait when you will receive the program! :lol: It supposed to be at your place shortly!

Next time will make a video!

It will be GREAT! First steps... sometimes we forget to record them and regret later. Looking forward to see these first steps!

Back to the Mozart

More
08 Feb 2012 01:19 #1810 by hellene
Dear elwillits,
Please, introduce yourself in this sections softmozart.com/index.php/forum/2-introduce-yourself.html and this softmozart.com/index.php/forum/14--.html !
Many readers would like to know, where this piano teacher from. You will find a lot of followers! ;)

Back to the Mozart

More
10 Feb 2012 03:23 #1844 by Mandabplus3
Replied by Mandabplus3 on topic It works!!!!!!
Oh Helene you just beat me to it ;) yes introduce yourself, from potential follower :lol:

More
11 Feb 2012 01:29 #1875 by hellene

Mandabplus3 wrote: Oh Helene you just beat me to it ;) yes introduce yourself, from potential follower :lol:

:lol:

Back to the Mozart

Time to create page: 0.083 seconds