fbpx

Our Promotion

Save, Сэкономьте, Ahorrar
The 'Butterfly Ball' is Officially Over. What Next?/ "Бал Бабочек" закончен. Что дальше?/La Gala de Mariposas ha terminado oficialmente. ¿Qué sigue? (12 Feb 2024)

Unlock Your 'Butterfly Ball' Benefits: Certificates and Discounts Awaiting!
Откройте для себя преимущества «Бала Бабочек»: начинаем производить сертификаты и назначать скидки!
¡Desbloquea tus beneficios de la Gala de Mariposas: Certificados y descuentos te esperan!

× Progress Diaries

She is 4.5 - from now on exercising daily :-)

More
22 Sep 2013 17:02 #11959 by bk
Hello Helene,

About 1.5 years ago, my daughter (she was then 2 years and 9 months old) started playing the piano with the help of Soft Mozart. I also opened a thread then, but now I think it's maybe better to start a new one, because I have other questions... and yes, more than one and a half years have passed by since.

She was playing regularely, but unfortunately not on a daily basis. She played 2-3 times a week, minimum once, sometimes also 4-5 times. But I don't know exactly why, she doesn't seem to made so much progress in this time. Well, she can play the introductory songs now very well, also with two hands.

We played the nursery songs a bit, now she plays the Lulluby from Classics 1 album. She choose this song by herself, but doesn't like to play it with both hands. I think, it is too hard for her.

We unfortunately didn't do exercices, like Hanon or so, she just doesn't like it. Nor did she play many games, same here, doesn't like them :-(

What do you suggest for us? How should we move on from here?

When we sit on the piano, she plays first the actual song (now Lulluby) with right hand twice, then left hand twice, then I tell her to try both hands. In a second step, we play some song from Introductory album with both hands. That is no problem.

I feel, something is missing... please help us Helene, so that she can make good progress. :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
22 Sep 2013 19:27 #11964 by hellene
Happy to see you here!
Welcome back!

bk wrote: Hello Helene,

About 1.5 years ago, my daughter (she was then 2 years and 9 months old) started playing the piano with the help of Soft Mozart. I also opened a thread then, but now I think it's maybe better to start a new one, because I have other questions... and yes, more than one and a half years have passed by since.

Of cause! We also now have an Academy, where you will be able to find answers to all of your questions!

She was playing regularely, but unfortunately not on a daily basis.

Let's think another way around. You 2-year-old child (!!!) played piano regularly! Wow! This is wonderful. Daily basis may be unfortunate for students of music universities. Here we have obvious accomplishment.

She played 2-3 times a week, minimum once, sometimes also 4-5 times. But I don't know exactly why, she doesn't seem to made so much progress in this time. Well, she can play the introductory songs now very well, also with two hands.

Your expectations for her is very high. 2-3 year old children develop fine motor skills and both hands' coordination. On the top of that they are building ear for music, eye/hand coordination, voice, music memory. The ultimate goal for children of this age is not an artistic piano performance, but rather development of their minds, brain and especially corpus callosum. If your daughter being in such young age capable of playing Introductory songs using 2 hands, it means, she is on the right path to her successful academic and music future. I am very proud of your achievement and encourage you to follow our Academy curriculum to have more subjects to make her education well rounded (music appreciation, theory, ear training etc)

We played the nursery songs a bit, now she plays the Lulluby from Classics 1 album.

Favorite Classics 1? We don't have Lullaby there. We have it in Favorite Classics 2. It is very advanced piece for her age!

She choose this song by herself, but doesn't like to play it with both hands. I think, it is too hard for her.

If she plays it using separate hands, it is just great! But we need to find her easier piece. Wish to see her video to be able to advice you on that.

We unfortunately didn't do exercices, like Hanon or so, she just doesn't like it. Nor did she play many games, same here, doesn't like them :-(

Well, currently we are creating motivational puppet shows for situations like this. Stay tuned! ;)

What do you suggest for us? How should we move on from here?

I need to see your video to build your repertoire for this semester. Next step - register in our Soft Mozart Academy academy.softmozart.com/

When we sit on the piano, she plays first the actual song (now Lulluby) with right hand twice, then left hand twice, then I tell her to try both hands. In a second step, we play some song from Introductory album with both hands. That is no problem.

I feel, something is missing... please help us Helene, so that she can make good progress. :)

Yes, you need more structure and guidance from professionals. Let's work together on building the education for your child.

Back to the Mozart
The following user(s) said Thank You: bk

More
22 Sep 2013 22:00 #11965 by bk
Hi Hellene,

Now I wrote a long answer, but it got lost... :-( Ok, new try:

First of all, thank you so much for your long answer and your time and patience with my questions. You have already helped me a lot!

hellene wrote: Of cause! We also now have an Academy, where you will be able to find answers to all of your questions!

Very good, I already registered and looking forward to it!

hellene wrote: Your expectations for her is very high. 2-3 year old children develop fine motor skills and both hands' coordination. On the top of that they are building ear for music, eye/hand coordination, voice, music memory. The ultimate goal for children of this age is not an artistic piano performance, but rather development of their minds, brain and especially corpus callosum.

I'm so happy, that you are saying that. My goal is for sure not to make her a music prodigy or so, I just like for her to have fun playing. I think for that, she has to reach some level in playing, so that she can enjoy also longer classical pieces. That's why I think, daily playing (when we exercise, so it is for 10 minutes or so, not more) would be good for her. But I surely don't want to force her or so.

hellene wrote: We have it in Favorite Classics 2. It is very advanced piece for her age!

That can be, yes. It is by the way in Classics 2, you are right. We just started playing it, because she liked it, but I think maybe it is really to hard for her, so that's why, she doesn't like to play it with both hands.

Which videos should I send you? One from Lulluby and one from Introductory songs for instance?

I'm so happy, that I wrote here again, I think, you really can help me much!

Thank you & best regards,
BK

More
23 Sep 2013 22:37 - 24 Sep 2013 11:21 #11995 by bk
Here are the videos again:

Ode to Joy, both hands:

Here she didn't concentrate in the end, when she began talking ;)

Lullaby, right hand:

Lullaby, left hand:
Last edit: 24 Sep 2013 11:21 by bk.
The following user(s) said Thank You: the Moon

More
23 Sep 2013 22:41 #11996 by bk
Sorry, I don't know how to make the videos appear on the screen. Just copied the link. When I tried to embed it, it didn't work either...

More
24 Sep 2013 03:04 #11997 by hellene
Hi, bk!
All what you have to do is to upload your video to You Tube and after that copy/past address from the You Tube browser.

Back to the Mozart

Time to create page: 0.074 seconds