fbpx

Our Promotion

Save, Сэкономьте, Ahorrar
The 'Butterfly Ball' is Officially Over. What Next?/ "Бал Бабочек" закончен. Что дальше?/La Gala de Mariposas ha terminado oficialmente. ¿Qué sigue? (12 Feb 2024)

Unlock Your 'Butterfly Ball' Benefits: Certificates and Discounts Awaiting!
Откройте для себя преимущества «Бала Бабочек»: начинаем производить сертификаты и назначать скидки!
¡Desbloquea tus beneficios de la Gala de Mariposas: Certificados y descuentos te esperan!

× Progress Diaries

3.5 old Hannah - Romania

More
21 Sep 2013 21:48 #11953 by adeline.hritcu
A short moment of Guess Key:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
21 Sep 2013 21:49 #11954 by adeline.hritcu
Hannah exercising Hannon:

It seems every time that she does it faster backwards than going up. Is this a right handed thing or is it just Hannah?
The following user(s) said Thank You: the Moon

More
21 Sep 2013 21:50 #11956 by adeline.hritcu
Thank you for your time, and any suggestions or comments are welcome.

More
22 Sep 2013 18:39 #11960 by hellene
Replied by hellene on topic 3.5 old Hannah - Romania
Adeline,
I watched all the videos of Hannah and have to tell you the following:

1. She is having excellent fine motor skills. I don't find anything wrong with the fact, that she has difficulty to make skip. Even older children experiencing the same problem. In fact, she is above average on this for her age.

2. She has excellent 2 coordination of 2 hands for her age.

3. She has tendency to perfect pitch development.

I am very impressed with all of her videos. Please, stick with the Academy and keep in mind: music mastery is a life lasting project. It should be no rush - we have 10 years ahead.

Our mutual goal to make learning fun. I believe Hannah will be very proficient with this approach.

Back to the Mozart

More
11 Oct 2013 14:21 #12060 by adeline.hritcu
Hi Hellene,

thank you for your answer.
Could you please explain what perfect pitch development means? I am guessing it means that she has a good chance to develop a good musical year. Am I close?

Another topic is that we had some wonderful progress with Hannah as her interest has grown a little toward playing. She now too gets up in the morning and runs to the piano and plays the only thing that she knows by heart: the exercise Do-Re-Mi-Fa-Sol, Sol-Fa-Mi-Re-Do with the right hand. At first she only played right hand and after the first I told her she should try doing it with both hands.
So she tried, the result was not what I expected, but it was cute and special: with the left hand she plays Do+Sol every time she hits Do and Sol with the right hand. And while she is playing the other notes she keeps her left hand down. This is great, she could not do it before...and she still can't do it while playing any other piano piece...but the practice surely helps.

We also started besides Hot Cross Buns on the French Song, since Hannah wasn't pleased with the fact that her sister uses 5 fingers on the right hand while playing and she only has a song with 3 fingers :)))

I have a question regarding the academy site: I there a way users can post comments, progress, questions there or the main activity tracking will still be done on this forum?

Thanks and have a nice weekend!
Adeline

More
13 Oct 2013 20:49 #12072 by hellene
Replied by hellene on topic 3.5 old Hannah - Romania
Hi, Adeline!

adeline.hritcu wrote: Hi Hellene,

thank you for your answer.
Could you please explain what perfect pitch development means? I am guessing it means that she has a good chance to develop a good musical year. Am I close?

Yes! 'Perfect pitch' is also means that she will be able to determine the names of music notes by ear without looking at notes or keys. The sounds will automatically be transferred into notes' names.

Another topic is that we had some wonderful progress with Hannah as her interest has grown a little toward playing. She now too gets up in the morning and runs to the piano and plays the only thing that she knows by heart: the exercise Do-Re-Mi-Fa-Sol, Sol-Fa-Mi-Re-Do with the right hand. At first she only played right hand and after the first I told her she should try doing it with both hands.
So she tried, the result was not what I expected,...

Please, do not expect anything from her! Just joy every decision to practice! She is still baby and our goal is make her motivation to practice stronger!

...but it was cute and special: with the left hand she plays Do+Sol every time she hits Do and Sol with the right hand. And while she is playing the other notes she keeps her left hand down. This is great, she could not do it before...and she still can't do it while playing any other piano piece...but the practice surely helps.

Yes! I agree: this is very special. Video it! Such moments are priceless!

We also started besides Hot Cross Buns on the French Song, since Hannah wasn't pleased with the fact that her sister uses 5 fingers on the right hand while playing and she only has a song with 3 fingers :)))

Here we go! Peers pressure (in a good way) in making! :lol:

I have a question regarding the academy site: I there a way users can post comments, progress, questions there or the main activity tracking will still be done on this forum?

Thanks and have a nice weekend!
Adeline

Yes, you will be able to communicate with parents of 'your levels' there. But this forum is always functional for our communication and support. Keep posting here!

Back to the Mozart

Time to create page: 0.083 seconds