fbpx

Our Promotion

Save, Сэкономьте, Ahorrar
The 'Butterfly Ball' is Officially Over. What Next?/ "Бал Бабочек" закончен. Что дальше?/La Gala de Mariposas ha terminado oficialmente. ¿Qué sigue? (12 Feb 2024)

Unlock Your 'Butterfly Ball' Benefits: Certificates and Discounts Awaiting!
Откройте для себя преимущества «Бала Бабочек»: начинаем производить сертификаты и назначать скидки!
¡Desbloquea tus beneficios de la Gala de Mariposas: Certificados y descuentos te esperan!

× Progress Diaries

5 yrs old Heidi - Romania

More
22 Sep 2013 18:44 #11961 by hellene
Replied by hellene on topic 5 yrs old Heidi - Romania
Here is what my thoughts about Heidi: she learned a lot of piano pieces for her age. She developed initial piano technique and coordination. She has excellent music memory and ear.

I would recommend to start playing exercises (Hanon and Chromatic scale softmozart.com/forum/55-teaching-videos/...the-first-level.html

It would be also helpful at least to watch the TEACHING VIDEOS (Ode to Joy for example) to see the hand placement.

She is above average and ready to the next steps in our Academy

Back to the Mozart

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 Oct 2013 14:35 #12061 by adeline.hritcu
Hello Helene,

thank you for the advice. We practiced the hannon and cat-mouse exercise: The hannon exercise with left hand, right hand and both hands, the cat mous exercise with one hand at a time only.
And also we started on the 3 sisters exercise.

As the new curriculum recommends we listen I play and Heidi also plays the surprise symphony with both hands. time is not impressing but the progress is wonderful.

In songs, we practiced a lot of sight reading. I see that Heidi is in a phase where she does not like to stay very long on a piece. She rather goes through all the album of Nursery Rhymes every day we have practice playing every song once or twice than choosing one song and practicing on that 10 times.
For the joy of her liking it I just let her, but only after she plays 3 times the surprise symphony and the Muldbery Bush.
Do you have any thoughts on this?

I did a pretty lousy job in writing her times down the past 2 weeks. My bad :(

We also joined a childrens choir with both hannah and heidi. Beside singing they also learn about musical instruments and classic music pieces and classic musicians...hoping the have more music elements in our daily life.

Have a nice weekend!

More
13 Oct 2013 20:38 #12071 by hellene
Replied by hellene on topic 5 yrs old Heidi - Romania
Hi, Adeline!
As I always do, I will comment on your post during my reading:

adeline.hritcu wrote: Hello Helene,

thank you for the advice. We practiced the hannon and cat-mouse exercise: The hannon exercise with left hand, right hand and both hands, the cat mous exercise with one hand at a time only.
And also we started on the 3 sisters exercise.

Very good! Would love to see your video!

As the new curriculum recommends we listen I play and Heidi also plays the surprise symphony with both hands. time is not impressing but the progress is wonderful.

Time is not our goal. Rather getting familiar with the tune.

In songs, we practiced a lot of sight reading. I see that Heidi is in a phase where she does not like to stay very long on a piece. She rather goes through all the album of Nursery Rhymes every day we have practice playing every song once or twice than choosing one song and practicing on that 10 times.

Show her our TEACHING VIDEOS: softmozart.com/forum/55-teaching-videos.html
Ask her, if she would like to play as good as a teacher. :P

For the joy of her liking it I just let her, but only after she plays 3 times the surprise symphony and the Muldbery Bush.
Do you have any thoughts on this?

These pieces are just for sight-reading. We usually not mastering them since they are way too simple for our students.

I did a pretty lousy job in writing her times down the past 2 weeks. My bad :(

Can she keep track of her score? To see the improvement in precise numbers is very motivating!

We also joined a childrens choir with both hannah and heidi. Beside singing they also learn about musical instruments and classic music pieces and classic musicians...hoping the have more music elements in our daily life.

Oh, this is just WONDERFUL!

Have a nice weekend!

All my life is a 'weekend' now :lol: I enjoy what I do. Thank you very much for your nice words, though!

Back to the Mozart

More
18 Oct 2013 20:41 #12082 by adeline.hritcu
Hi, your advice to show Heidi some videos of well played piano pieces was very good to motivate her to pick one piece and practice it until she plays it well.
The videos from other progress diaries she really enjoyed. Mostly I chose kids close to her age, like 6 yrs old Eliana who plays wonderfull.
Thx!

More
18 Oct 2013 20:53 - 18 Oct 2013 21:15 #12083 by adeline.hritcu
Heidi practicing German Dance, a few scores.

Attachments:
Last edit: 18 Oct 2013 21:15 by adeline.hritcu.

More
18 Oct 2013 20:57 - 18 Oct 2013 21:16 #12084 by adeline.hritcu
Heidi: a few game scores.
(I am still trying to figure out how it is easier for me to keep track of the numbers and also to make it easy to post here in the progress diaries :p)

Attachments:
Last edit: 18 Oct 2013 21:16 by adeline.hritcu.

Time to create page: 0.113 seconds