fbpx

Our Promotion

Save, Сэкономьте, Ahorrar
The 'Butterfly Ball' is Officially Over. What Next?/ "Бал Бабочек" закончен. Что дальше?/La Gala de Mariposas ha terminado oficialmente. ¿Qué sigue? (12 Feb 2024)

Unlock Your 'Butterfly Ball' Benefits: Certificates and Discounts Awaiting!
Откройте для себя преимущества «Бала Бабочек»: начинаем производить сертификаты и назначать скидки!
¡Desbloquea tus beneficios de la Gala de Mariposas: Certificados y descuentos te esperan!

× Progress Diaries

WBMM Progress Diary, Adult

More
26 Jun 2013 19:41 #11297 by WannaBMusicalMom
This will be my progress journal. Here it goes!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
26 Jun 2013 20:27 #11300 by WannaBMusicalMom
Okay, I've finished reading Hellene's book and now have more time to devote to the actual piano. I try to get on for at least 15 minutes a day and usually it's more like 30 to 40. I practice the solfeggio alphabet with my kids and am having an easier time understanding it. I have zero musical background (basically the music illiterate person spoken about in the book). Each time I sit down I make more connections between finger placement/note reading/sound etc. I know i have TONS to learn but I'm surprised how it doesn't seem so foreign anymore after only a couple weeks. Here are some of my scores.

6-17 Treble Staff puzzle 21:40
6-18 fingerrobics 26/30 level 2 12sec
6-20 HCB 36/37 2sec
ode to joy 46/48 9 sec
jingle bells 72/77 20 sec
6-21 french song 46/48 10sec
Guess Key (tried playing with both hands) 547 2:15sec
fruit lines 452 7:47sec
drummer 81/85 7sec
fingerobics3 28/30 8sec
fingerobics5 27/28 3 sec
6-25 French song 37/38 7sec
small fir tree 42/42 9sec

Just last night I tried playing some stuff on presentation 5. I'm eager to practice reading the "real" notes. I felt I did fairly well on the treble cleff with easier songs. I have a lot of work to do with the bass as far as knowing where the keys are located. I'm surprised how quickly my hands became accustomed to the finger exercises. I work on hannon and black cat daily. The only song i have memorized is Hot cross buns.

More
26 Jun 2013 20:32 - 26 Jun 2013 20:33 #11301 by andreasro
Hey, WannaBMusicalMom, welcome to the family!
I am current President of Soft Mozart PTO (Parent Teacher Organization).
You left us mouth open and we are all ears :lol: Can you share more with us? More about you and why you chose Soft Mozart, for instance.

If you need help, ask anytime. We're here, from all over the world.

Later added: :lol: We posted in the same time!

Andrea
Last edit: 26 Jun 2013 20:33 by andreasro.

More
26 Jun 2013 20:40 - 26 Jun 2013 20:41 #11302 by andreasro
Oh, you have few weeks of practice! :woohoo:

Solfeggio is the favourite in my house too. We practice it daily because the little one loves it and wants to share it and teach us :lol:

Regarding scores, not sure I got it. Can you explain your notation? Like 6-25? And when you say seconds, do you mean the number appearing in the right hand corner? That shows you if you kept the rhythm or note duration. Only in presentation 6 that number means the time the song lasted.

To practice reading the real notes we have sight-reading albums. You can download a useful file from here: http://softmozart.com/forum/28-share-print/9072-26-list-of-songs-by-levels.html#9072

Andrea
Last edit: 26 Jun 2013 20:41 by andreasro.

More
26 Jun 2013 21:30 #11303 by WannaBMusicalMom
Yeah, totally new at this! The first numbers are the dates (6-18). I probably could leave those off. And the "seconds" part is the right hand corner number. In my journal I realized I stopped writing it with the seconds comment too and forgot why....duh! Oh, and I realized i forgot to give the score on the treble staff game it was 1750. My husband tells me I have to get a video on here, so that will be next on the list. Any requests....? ;-)

More
28 Jun 2013 09:23 #11325 by bella
Replied by bella on topic WBMM Progress Diary, Adult
welcome WannaBMusicalMom on the forum . Thank you for sharing xx I love your forum name . Like you I want to learn wih soft mozart but keep giving myself the excuse of not hsving enough time or It is too late for me . I am teaching my 2 little one with soft mozart . Following your progress diary for more inspiration xxx
viv

Time to create page: 0.085 seconds