fbpx

Our Promotion

Save, Сэкономьте, Ahorrar
The 'Butterfly Ball' is Officially Over. What Next?/ "Бал Бабочек" закончен. Что дальше?/La Gala de Mariposas ha terminado oficialmente. ¿Qué sigue? (12 Feb 2024)

Unlock Your 'Butterfly Ball' Benefits: Certificates and Discounts Awaiting!
Откройте для себя преимущества «Бала Бабочек»: начинаем производить сертификаты и назначать скидки!
¡Desbloquea tus beneficios de la Gala de Mariposas: Certificados y descuentos te esperan!

× Progress Diaries

Pei Lin adult beginner

More
24 Jan 2012 09:15 #1343 by ttteh
Replied by ttteh on topic Pei Lin adult beginner

lzp11 wrote: I think you have inspired me to post a video of me playing too - I have been too scared and wanting to wait till it is 'perfect' which will never happen of course.... Just need to sort out the technology now ;)

My daughter is learning to play this piece. It is quite challenging for me to play this piece. I noticed that it would is easier to teach my daughter to play if I learn how to play myself.

I was inspired by Mandaplus 3 to post the video of my playing after seeing her posting video. :cheer:
The following user(s) said Thank You: hellene

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
24 Jan 2012 09:27 - 24 Jan 2012 09:29 #1344 by Mandabplus3
Replied by Mandabplus3 on topic Pei Lin adult beginner
Hehe I have no problem being the instigator! It means I get to learn from all of you :) and you from me!
I also have no fear of making a fool of myself :P I know almost nothing! It doesn't get much worse than that, and I can only get better! Lol
I figured if the kids see me playing then they will see playing as important. Just like if they see me reading they see reading as important. ;)
Last edit: 24 Jan 2012 09:29 by Mandabplus3. Reason: Spelling!
The following user(s) said Thank You: hellene

More
24 Jan 2012 20:21 #1351 by hellene
Replied by hellene on topic Pei Lin adult beginner

ttteh wrote:

lzp11 wrote: I think you have inspired me to post a video of me playing too - I have been too scared and wanting to wait till it is 'perfect' which will never happen of course.... Just need to sort out the technology now ;)

My daughter is learning to play this piece. It is quite challenging for me to play this piece. I noticed that it would is easier to teach my daughter to play if I learn how to play myself.

I was inspired by Mandaplus 3 to post the video of my playing after seeing her posting video. :cheer:

I am so happy to see that the master plan is in progress! For CENTURIES piano playing was something sacred. You have to play like 'mozart' - or don't bather. You have no idea, how many really talented PROFESSIONALS afraid to play for each other being scared to get negative feed back.

I remember my piano lessons in the past... When I was shaking sitting in front of my piano teacher. I just strike the first chord of my assigned piano piece - and she yells: 'No! You didn't do it right! Stop!'

I remember that our recitals were nightmares: students of older teachers got better marks, just because... Once it was a confusion: we had a contest of etudes behind the screen. Surprise! All of or sudden our 'average' kid won the price...

I learned the valuable lesson since: recitals are coming and going, but love for music making have to be forever. Students have to be respected and glorified for their MISTAKES. And our life is a huge recital, but recital that everyone can truly enjoy!

Back to the Mozart
The following user(s) said Thank You: andreasro

More
24 Jan 2012 20:22 #1352 by hellene

Mandabplus3 wrote: Hehe I have no problem being the instigator! It means I get to learn from all of you :) and you from me!
I also have no fear of making a fool of myself :P I know almost nothing! It doesn't get much worse than that, and I can only get better! Lol
I figured if the kids see me playing then they will see playing as important. Just like if they see me reading they see reading as important. ;)

This is the spirit!

Back to the Mozart

More
12 Apr 2012 14:40 #2917 by ttteh
Replied by ttteh on topic Pei Lin adult beginner
I have been away for sometime from the forum, busy relocating to a new place. Here is an update on my progress with softmozart.

I able to play P5 on all the songs under favourite classic primer (for sight reading). I am learning a new song Shostakovich-March together with my daughter. I am trying to be ahead of her. I would like to get some feedback on finger placement, if they are acceptable.

Thank you.

More
13 Apr 2012 01:31 #2923 by hellene

ttteh wrote: I have been away for sometime from the forum, busy relocating to a new place. Here is an update on my progress with softmozart.

I able to play P5 on all the songs under favourite classic primer (for sight reading). I am learning a new song Shostakovich-March together with my daughter. I am trying to be ahead of her. I would like to get some feedback on finger placement, if they are acceptable.

Thank you.

I watched you’re playing and found your finger placement is very reasonable and have nothing to say against.

In future, you will have some hard time making all the parts of the piece even rhythmically.

We can overcome this obstacle with the use of metronome, though :)

Back to the Mozart

Time to create page: 0.106 seconds