fbpx

Our Promotion

Save, Сэкономьте, Ahorrar
The 'Butterfly Ball' is Officially Over. What Next?/ "Бал Бабочек" закончен. Что дальше?/La Gala de Mariposas ha terminado oficialmente. ¿Qué sigue? (12 Feb 2024)

Unlock Your 'Butterfly Ball' Benefits: Certificates and Discounts Awaiting!
Откройте для себя преимущества «Бала Бабочек»: начинаем производить сертификаты и назначать скидки!
¡Desbloquea tus beneficios de la Gala de Mariposas: Certificados y descuentos te esperan!

× Hellene Hiner's Blog

Let's Write A New Book!

More
30 Jul 2012 22:05 #5081 by MummyRoo
Replied by MummyRoo on topic Let's Write A New Book!
This is great! I would be happy to help proofread/edit your text. I will try to go over some of what you have posted tomorrow.

Do you have a Russian version, or are you simply making additional notes to the texts, because there are areas where it isn't clear exactly what you mean and if I could see the Russian it would help.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
30 Jul 2012 23:38 #5083 by hellene
Replied by hellene on topic Let's Write A New Book!

MummyRoo wrote: This is great! I would be happy to help proofread/edit your text. I will try to go over some of what you have posted tomorrow.

Do you have a Russian version, or are you simply making additional notes to the texts, because there are areas where it isn't clear exactly what you mean and if I could see the Russian it would help.

Do you know Russian? I am trying to translate the text from Russian blog. Here is the link from the place: softmozart.com/forum/19---/4562----.html

Back to the Mozart

More
31 Jul 2012 11:38 #5085 by Mandabplus3
Replied by Mandabplus3 on topic Let's Write A New Book!
Oh Hellene we may have found another angel! Yay!

More
31 Jul 2012 12:51 #5088 by hellene
Replied by hellene on topic Let's Write A New Book!

Mandabplus3 wrote: Oh Hellene we may have found another angel! Yay!

I am so thankful!
It is FUN to work this way!

Back to the Mozart

More
15 Aug 2012 17:50 #5227 by MummyRoo
Replied by MummyRoo on topic Let's Write A New Book!
Sorry - I've had a busy couple of weeks! My SM software arrived today and inspired me to have a good look at this!

Yes, I do speak Russian - I lived in Moscow for 5 years and spent two of them on language courses. I doubt my vocabulary can cope with anything too technical, but if I am confused by the way you are phrasing things I can get a better idea from reading the Russian. I am no translator, though!

Here is the first chunk I've looked at :) I've reworked some of the phrasing it a little - if you would rather I stick more religiously to your translation then let me know B)

Let’s start teaching baby at home... All by ourselves... Hooray!

If you own the ‘Soft Mozart’ program, you have already begun to believe this is possible. All that is left, is to make it happen! The first step is the most difficult – this is because we are most afraid of making mistakes. Please, don't worry! With our program, it is quite difficult to mess it up. In fact, it is practically impossible! 

Set aside a certain area in your home for music lessons. Hopefully, this place can be kept entirely for this purpose. Music education is going to be part of your household now, and in an ideal world your child should have access to our program all the time. It should be as accessible as their favorite games, toys or books. Therefore, if you have an old computer (so old that you already thinking of throwing it out), connect it to your keyboard or digital piano and dedicate this machine entirely for music lessons. Our software doesn’t require much memory or extra gadgets. Even 10-year-old computer could work well. If you do not have such a computer, ask your friends or relatives. They may be very grateful that you can help them to get rid of their ‘piece of junk’ or ‘dust collector’. 

There is no need to follow the lesson plan religiously. We created it simply to give you a general idea of how it works in principle and how everything is generally structured. If you are not following it perfectly, it doesn’t mean that life is over! So long as you are progressing in the general direction of the lesson plan you are doomed to succeed – sooner or later. The rule of thumb here is to have as much fun as possible during the process of learning and maintain a regular practice schedule. 

Do not ever compare your results with the results of other people. There is no need to cry: «Оh my, we are so far behind!» When you are learning music, your initial progress might be fast or it might be slow. I have heard many stories of people who have started very slow and then found their footing and progressed so much that nobody and nothing would dare to stop them. The goal of your learning is personal growth. The program is built for you and you are competing with nobody, but yourself! 

More
16 Aug 2012 00:34 #5229 by Mandabplus3
Replied by Mandabplus3 on topic Let's Write A New Book!
Great translation. It's still sounds like Hellene but flows nicely in English. I think you should translate exactly like this! I am sure Hellene won't mind a bit of creative liscence here and there ;)
I too have been too busy, ridiculously busy. I will happily share the translator role with you :) Between us it will get done! You speaking Russian is bound to make it easy, when I get stuck. Thank you!

Time to create page: 0.078 seconds