fbpx

Our Promotion

Save, Сэкономьте, Ahorrar
The 'Butterfly Ball' is Officially Over. What Next?/ "Бал Бабочек" закончен. Что дальше?/La Gala de Mariposas ha terminado oficialmente. ¿Qué sigue? (12 Feb 2024)

Unlock Your 'Butterfly Ball' Benefits: Certificates and Discounts Awaiting!
Откройте для себя преимущества «Бала Бабочек»: начинаем производить сертификаты и назначать скидки!
¡Desbloquea tus beneficios de la Gala de Mariposas: Certificados y descuentos te esperan!

× Hellene Hiner's Blog

Interaction or Usurpation?

More
11 May 2012 17:42 - 11 May 2012 17:44 #3773 by hellene
*97 votes - need 250
Please, read, how to vote at the end of this article.*

File Attachment:

I just had read in another discussion that ‘most learning occurs because of the interaction between teacher and student.’

I think, it is very questionable. I know that most learning occurs, when student freely interacts with music score.

Through my life, I saw many worthless interactions between students and teachers. I also saw incredible piano players who managed to learn without any teacher at all just by interacting with sheet music. Of cause, these examples are extreme. I think, the results are incredible, when student is having freedom to interact with sheet music 24/7 AND with a teacher 1-2 times a week.

All the ‘method books’ are based on exploiting muscle memory and based on hand positions to provide at least some sort of interaction for the beginners. They meant well, but it is time to question this approach. Music publishers make the most money on beginners’ book, because interaction just is not happening most of the time.

All the ‘good old fashion’ ways of introducing beginners to music notation ‘in the blind mode’ using hand positions is a ‘hostage – victim’ situation, when students completely depend from ‘care giver’ who they can meet once or even twice a week.

When someone (even very diligent and smart) practicing at home, one on one with sheet music, he/she has hundreds unanswered questions. We consider it ‘ethical’ to let all these questions be unanswered ‘till our students can see us, greatest ‘guru’, at our lessons. The explanation that it is happening this way just because ‘Julliard graduates think it is only way’ is ridiculous.

There is some point in every profession, when to hold to ‘old ways’ and commit malpractice are equal things. It seems like ‘old fashioned teachers’ simply stand between students and sheet music and keeping them from effective learning just because they afraid of changes intimidated by computers or… like to be in control of their students to the level of usurpation.

Vote for SOFT MOZART. Set yourself FREE to learn music literacy:

1. Please, go to the site: www.missionsmallbusiness.com
There will be 'Log in with facebook to support your community' section for all our voters on the first page

2. On the bottom of the page are blank windows to fill the information about our company

3. Name - Do Re Mi Fa Soft , TX City - Houston, zip is 77095
When the system will pool out our company information, there will be a VOTE button next to it.

Back to the Mozart
Last edit: 11 May 2012 17:44 by hellene.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.060 seconds