fbpx

Our Promotion

Save, Сэкономьте, Ahorrar
The 'Butterfly Ball' is Officially Over. What Next?/ "Бал Бабочек" закончен. Что дальше?/La Gala de Mariposas ha terminado oficialmente. ¿Qué sigue? (12 Feb 2024)

Unlock Your 'Butterfly Ball' Benefits: Certificates and Discounts Awaiting!
Откройте для себя преимущества «Бала Бабочек»: начинаем производить сертификаты и назначать скидки!
¡Desbloquea tus beneficios de la Gala de Mariposas: Certificados y descuentos te esperan!

× Hellene Hiner's Blog

April News Letter. About Us!

More
16 Apr 2012 19:56 - 17 Apr 2012 01:23 #2975 by hellene
SPECIAL OFFERS: Earn up to 15% for our Full Versions by promoting our invention

Dear Friends, Music Lovers and Customers! Do you know that by clicking ‘like’ button on our ‘Soft Mozart’ page www.facebook.com/pages/Soft-Mozart/152883088098340 you earn 5% discount for our program?

By writing about us on any educational blog or even our forum you earn another 5% .

Writing a review about our product within 30 days after purchasing it also will bring you a refund of 5%

Please, drop us a line before/after ordering your Full version, if you a candidate for the discounts!
[/b]

People, who got 10% to 50% scholarship discount from for the past 4 weeks:
[/size][/b]

Sonya Post – our active parent, Soft Mozart community member. Sonya is one of the 5 Most Popular Users in Total Profile Views. She created wonderful Power Points files and uploaded them in SHARE section of our forum for all the parents to use with young beginners. She received new dangle with 12 months extra subscription for 20%, since her babies hid the previous one in unknown place!

Iam Marius Received 10% scholarship discount for liking us on the facebook and writing a wonderful letter on our Soft Mozart page www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbi...notif_t=feed_comment . Well written, Marius! Thank you very much! We are looking forward to hearing about your learning experience now!

Luzganov Vladimir – LVP - received 40% scholarship discount for his wonderful letter on our forum with a lot of videos of his son working with our program. He also wrote about Soft Mozart on his Live Journal blog.
We were impressed with the Vladimir’s son results very much.

Dolotova Larisa – a music teacher from Netherlands - received 27% scholarship for her teacher training for participating in our forum and translating Hellene Hiner’s ‘Letter to Nations’ to the Dutch language. Way to go, Larisa!

Our current candidates for discounts:
[/size][/b](please, write a short request letter about your progress in promoting our invention worldwide in the dedicated sections in Our Forum)

1. Kiseleva Olga for her active work in out forum, sharing her learning experience, videos and materials www.softmozart.com/forum/16-qq-/1894
qsoft-mozartq.html
Olga is in title to buy up to 10 programs with 40% discount for her young beginners.
Olga, shipping is also on us!

2. sv81 ( We couldn’t figure out the full name) is in title to 10% discount for being active in our forum and writing a nice motivational letter about the discount www.softmozart.com/forum/19---/1612
.html?limit=6&start=18

3. Krasnodar Esthetical Center, Russia – is a potential candidate to receiving scholarship for teacher’s training. The activity of the center and amount of the discount will be announced soon.
We ask Tatiana Panchenko to contact our PTO about this school ASAP.

4. Amanda – MandaBPlus3 – is in title of $50 gift certificate for being the most persistent student/parent keeping her Progress Diary more regularly. Manda, please, contact Hellene Hiner personally about the details.

Special sections ‘I AM PERFECT CANDIDATE FOR RECEIVING SOFT MOZART SCHOLARSHIP’ had been created in English and Russian parts of our forum. If we overlooked your achievements, please, drop us a line!

Main Article: The Magic Number Seven
[/size][/b]

File Attachment:

How many identical lines can you memorize?

The ten thin lines of the grand staff are barely distinguishable to the unprepared eye. It is well known that a person can follow no more than seven homogenous objects with his gaze. And seven, only if he’s really pushing it! But the spaces between the lines are also ‘lines’ in music notation. A child is expected to keep up with not ten, but as a minimum, twenty-two objects! He has to navigate an entire jungle of lines and spaces… and hardly has any reference points.
To keep my beginners from getting lost in this maze, I have numbered each line in the treble and bass clefs with the digits 1, 2, 3, 4, and 5. The supplementary line for the middle Do got the number 0. Contrary to the traditional practice, the lines of the bass clef are numbered from top to bottom; this makes more sense.

File Attachment:

The music staff represents a thermometer, with the 0 in the middle. The music system is quite symmetrical, like a mirror, or a numerical scale. The second Do and the Do of the minor octave are located between lines 3 and 4. I tinted these spaces a light bluish-gray color, making both of these Dos additional places of reference.

File Attachment:

Thus, the grand staff has been visually separated into four sections. In each of them, there are only 5-6 lines and spaces; it is much easier to keep up with them now. With this image, the territory of the grand staff is simplified for familiarization! The intimidating ‘scary’ 10 lines and 12 spaces quickly become ordinary space.

Only after all 22 note lines are familiarized can work begin on the supplementary lines. Until the skill of reading the ordinary lines is worked out, how can the student possibly read the additional ones?

Read more in Hellene Hiner’s book ‘You CAN be a musician!’ www.pianolearningsoftware.com/Book-You-C...wnloadable_p_36.html

Success Story:

Some interesting observations.
So I had a few days off from playing piano. No reason just didn't get to it.
( I may blame it on the endless pile of washing!)

What i have noticed lately is that it doesn't seem to matter if I have a few days off, when I return to the piano I still make improvements each time I play. I am not forgetting what I have learnt. I can play a piece I havnt played for a few weeks or a few days and after each little break, I improve on my accuracy and improve my speed. Most intesting is that while I play it I am thinking gee this is a bit slow..then I check back over my previous scores and am blown away, over and over again! My advice...ALWAYS record your scores, even if you only play it once. The ability to instantly see improvements is very motivating.

Playing pieces that you are quite familiar with on presentation 2,4,5,6 helps with learning to sight read. Yes even though you know the piece, if you are visually looking at the notes ( hopefully while singing!) as you play, The brain is making the connections. Just something I noticed when I decided it was time to memorize a few more pieces and stop taking it easy. I switched to presentation 4 (I like the pretty colour OK!) to play the pieces I was familiar. Afterwards I sight read piano encounters album with 100% accuracy by the second attempt. Last attempt had me doing each piece three times to get to 1 or 2 mistakes per piece. Oh more importantly I had no troubles sight reading my left hand Yipeee! Finally!

Read More: www.softmozart.com/forum/33-progress-dia...-4th-month.html#2972
Videos:

Little Gaby Plays Shostakovich

How to Learn ‘Green Sleeves’ With Sheet Music

Download the sheet music here: www.softmozart.com/forum/28-share-print/...t-mozart-tricks.html

Latest on our International Piano Competition Winners. Tatyana Donetz 12 year old. Camille Saint-Saëns Concerto #2 Part 3

Tip of the day:

Motivate others to play music! What comes around – goes around.

Back to the Mozart
Last edit: 17 Apr 2012 01:23 by hellene.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.070 seconds