fbpx

Our Promotion

Save, Сэкономьте, Ahorrar
The 'Butterfly Ball' is Officially Over. What Next?/ "Бал Бабочек" закончен. Что дальше?/La Gala de Mariposas ha terminado oficialmente. ¿Qué sigue? (12 Feb 2024)

Unlock Your 'Butterfly Ball' Benefits: Certificates and Discounts Awaiting!
Откройте для себя преимущества «Бала Бабочек»: начинаем производить сертификаты и назначать скидки!
¡Desbloquea tus beneficios de la Gala de Mariposas: Certificados y descuentos te esperan!

× Hellene Hiner's Blog

Piano Keys On Screen: What's For?

More
04 Feb 2018 19:01 #28513 by hellene

Nothing. Absolutely nothing!

The biggest problem someone starts learning to play the piano is teacher chatter and extra piano keys.

Piano teachers are very fond of talking and showing. And they love to show on the keys. They either say a lot, waving their hands around the keys, or they say and play, usually rolling their eyes.

In their opinion, this is how you will learn to play: by passively watching their movements and listening to their chatter. But as soon as you are alone, one-on-one with the keys, the teacher’s "magic" disappears. And then because you don’t remember what to do, you either throw the teacher’s lesson away with the keys, or continue to want to hear more about how a piece of music should be played. So you go back to the teacher. And, if you go back, you bring a lot of joy to your instructor. His head swells from seeing his own importance in your eyes. And this vicious circle will keep going until you get bored. Unlike your instructor: he never gets bored from this!

That's why with the advent of computer training programs, music teachers now display piano keys on the monitor. Being able to show piano keys on the monitor is the main attribute of every self-respecting software.

My advice: if you see piano keys on the monitor, in your mind, just thumb your nose at them . Or picture a big goose egg--because that’s about how much those keys are going to help you to learn to play the piano.

If the developer of the software program did not imagine that a beginning student is already sitting at the keyboard instrument and can already see piano keys, he is a moron. If he seriously thinks that all you need is to stupidly repeat which key to press on his pointer, he considers you a moron. In any case, this software will not contribute to learning. So in your mind, .

The actual opportunity to see which key to press, how long to hold it and when to release it is what every student really needs. This was written by Johann Sebastian Bach many years ago and is still true for everyone.

But the keys can’t teach it; only the music notation can.

In this case, the notation will help the beginning student SEE what to play. The student does not need the instructor to talk and show where and what key should be pressed. No, the text itself is able to give this information to anyone trying to learn. The text has already "nurtured" generations of musicians and amateurs. Being able to read notes can develop everything the future professional or amateur might still need to learn.

We need instructors for completely different reasons! And his extra set of piano keys, too!

In my method "Soft Mozart," the music notation is live on the screen. It communicates directly with every beginner. Even if the beginner is only 2 years old! "Soft Mozart" responds to every touch, helping you understand how long to hold the key, when to change it and what to do if you play past the keys. Your OWN keys, not the teacher’s. “Soft Mozart” doesn't throw an extra set of keys in front of your eyes.

And such a lively musical text, patient and sympathetic and wise, really encourages the beginner to wiggle his fingers and work with the keys. Play -- and hear yourself, not the chatter of the instructor.

Well, then the following always happens: after listening to music in their own performance, as a rule, beginners want to know how good they are. And then they need an instructor! They come to him and ask for guidance. They do not even just say they want a teacher -- they beg: Teacher, tell me! Tell me, how I am doing. Show me your hands! I'm ready to take my example from you!

And then we need that extra keyboard and a lot of chatter and demonstrations. And then the Teacher will become truly meaningful and very, very important.

Back to the Mozart
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Olga Egorova

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.087 seconds