fbpx

Our Promotion

Save, Сэкономьте, Ahorrar
The 'Butterfly Ball' is Officially Over. What Next?/ "Бал Бабочек" закончен. Что дальше?/La Gala de Mariposas ha terminado oficialmente. ¿Qué sigue? (12 Feb 2024)

Unlock Your 'Butterfly Ball' Benefits: Certificates and Discounts Awaiting!
Откройте для себя преимущества «Бала Бабочек»: начинаем производить сертификаты и назначать скидки!
¡Desbloquea tus beneficios de la Gala de Mariposas: Certificados y descuentos te esperan!

× Hellene Hiner's Blog

Child abuse disguised in piano lessons.

More
10 Jul 2015 11:48 - 10 Jul 2015 12:46 #20408 by hellene

Is your child happy, well-balanced and confident? Start piano lessons with a “good old” traditional piano teacher! It will pass quickly.

The depression, the feeling of guilt, weakness, defensiveness, perfectionism, lack of self-sufficiency, low self-esteem. Sound familiar?

What if I told you that an entire industry that grows failure in people at the people’s own expense is somewhere very nearby? What if I told you that in the protective shield of love for our children, we have overlooked not a “leak,” but a main entrance that invites “professionals” to abuse and humiliate them as an essential part of the trade.

We like to talk about music and brain development of young minds. We don’t say anything about music lessons and the incurable wounds that they are causing our children, making them culturally “handicapped.”
Hatred for classical music is the minimum price our beloved, innocent children pay by being exposed to this trade.

On one hand, we, adults, are trying our best to teach children how to be strong and independent and to avoid traumatic events that can cripple their future. On the other hand, there are “professional” piano teachers that are destroying all of the important and healthy child’s values with huge enthusiasm worthy of a much better cause. In just one lesson, such a good, traditional piano teacher will prove to your child that he/she has no personal space, no right to move freely, no motor freedom and no human right to develop at his/her own pace.

Too many of them prove with ease that the child – YOUR child – has no voice. That to “shut up and listen” is his only right because, by default, your child is a deaf idiot, who should passively wait while the piano guru will force the sacred knowledge of how to touch piano keys on him. Of course, such a dull lesson needs repetition. Much repetition. He needs to be screamed at loudly, to be pushed around, to be mocked and humiliated. The most common abuse is to treat the child as a thing that can easily be turned on and off or removed.

I am sure that no teacher that causes our children such harm as well as almost no parent has a clear understanding about what is going on. We are so self-absorbed with our own musical abilities that we are afraid to ask: should we claim any respect as human beings even if we don’t yet know how to play the piano?

I have watched many YouTube videos showing traditional ways of teaching piano. Thank God, we have the Internet! A picture is worth 1000 words, indeed! The video, enlarged, slowed down with freeze is much, much more effective! You can watch and re-watch, think about and better understand exactly what is going on.

After close investigation, you will discover something that will open your eyes. Your opinion about the “good old, traditional” ways of teaching piano won’t stay the same—it will no longer look as good as it seemed to be.

I am sure that no music educator, student or parent has any idea that they are involved in the act of killing the best qualities of the child. They may think that nothing is wrong with the picture. I hope that after watching this video, they will better understand themselves and recognize the way to fix it. The sooner – the better.

Here is the video. While it shows a lesson being given in a language other than English, it demonstrates the methods used by traditional teachers in all countries. You will see the teacher using the method she was taught by her teachers—it’s the way almost all teachers wind up teaching, even if newer, more effective methods have come along since the teachers themselves were the students.

Here are the 'body language' messages that I read watching the video. What do YOU think?

'I am a role model'

'I don't care about your personal space'

‘You are deaf’

'I know what you should hear better.'

'You can't do it without me'

'Only I know how to do it the right way'

'I have rights to control your every move’

'I have rights to remove you anytime I want to'

‘I can mock you and treat you like an idiot.’

'You have no creativity: I know what you should imagine better.'

‘I don’t care about your feelings; I will rub all of your mistakes in your face’

'I am better than you are'

‘I can abuse you, if nobody sees it'

'You are a nobody here'

'I have rights to belittle you'

'I am valid – you are not’.

‘You are not just deaf – you are stupid’

‘You are a nobody’

Message of the child: ‘I am worthy. Let me help you to turn the page’

'I want to try myself!'

The teacher's message:' I doubt that you can without me’

Regards,

Hellene Hiner

Back to the Mozart
Attachments:
Last edit: 10 Jul 2015 12:46 by hellene.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 Jul 2015 16:04 #20454 by RenitasMusic ClubTunes Conny
Traditional piano lessons are not child abuse. This article is offensive. You should support the private music teacher. They are the one's who will help promote your program. Very strong article. Disagree.

More
20 Jul 2015 08:05 #20456 by hellene

RenitasMusic ClubTunes Conny wrote: Traditional piano lessons are not child abuse. This article is offensive. You should support the private music teacher. They are the one's who will help promote your program. Very strong article. Disagree.

Last think I want is for people that can push a child around, invade his/her space, mock his/her mistakes a and violate child's rights to develop on his/her own pace to promote my 'school'. The best interest of any child in mind is what we offer. This is why it is SOFT Mozart and GENTLE piano.
We have enough people who wants to learn this school and represent us in many different countries.
Hope to write many new chapters of my book soon about how dangerous it is to treat children like this and what wounds such 'teaching' is causing them.

Back to the Mozart

More
20 Jul 2015 08:56 #20457 by hellene
Psychological. this is a pattern of behavior that affects a child’s sense of worth by communicating to the child that he or she is not worthy, loved or important. Psychological abuse may include harsh demands, constant criticism, threats and yelling.3 Witnessing other violent incidents such as, domestic violence or school violence is also a form of psychological abuse due to the intense fear it produces and the indirect threat to a child’s safety. - See more at: www.joyfulheartfoundation.org/learn/chil...sthash.R5UWxeYP.dpuf

Back to the Mozart

Time to create page: 0.068 seconds