fbpx

Our Promotion

Save, Сэкономьте, Ahorrar
The 'Butterfly Ball' is Officially Over. What Next?/ "Бал Бабочек" закончен. Что дальше?/La Gala de Mariposas ha terminado oficialmente. ¿Qué sigue? (12 Feb 2024)

Unlock Your 'Butterfly Ball' Benefits: Certificates and Discounts Awaiting!
Откройте для себя преимущества «Бала Бабочек»: начинаем производить сертификаты и назначать скидки!
¡Desbloquea tus beneficios de la Gala de Mariposas: Certificados y descuentos te esperan!

× Hellene Hiner's Blog

Battle for our children's future.

More
02 Feb 2014 19:04 - 02 Feb 2014 19:19 #13542 by hellene
What would you say to your family doctor, if one day you will find out that…
He sent your beloved to chemotherapy being already aware of the fact that cancer can be treated with new, 100% effective, approved and perfectly save medicine?

This is what I feel, when I see current piano/music teachers malpractice.
Many think that since I am running the business I am not in place to openly criticize them as my ‘competitors’. But before anything else I am an author of groundbreaking and patented approach in teaching music literacy and my ultimate goal is to enlighten people about the new opportunity that my invention bring to them.

‘Piano myths’ exposed on You Tube – and piano teachers are VERY unhappy. Yesterday I received cold shower for my videos, especially those with excerpts of their lessons. They are willing to pick a fight, howl, make personal attacks and put me to shame to justify not so good old and ineffective ways to teach piano and music to kids and beginners.

Here is where I am coming from. I know that I swim against the stream. They advocate rigid music notation, because they were taught this way, they got used to it and don’t like changes. I insist on modifying the notation to be user friendly for beginner’s eyes. They stand upon the old tradition on teaching music – I rely on the new tradition in teaching books with ABC pictures.

Whatever Soft Mozart students can learn in ½ hours, they teach for months and charging per hour. This is not just it: after many trying and failing with rigid notation many students develop low self-esteem, no interest in such lessons and strong believe that music education is costly, no fun and low effective. This belief is so strong that works for law makers as an excuse to squeeze music lessons out of public school system.

I want to be humble, but it is impossible. We stand on different grounds. We fight tooth and nails for the future of our children’s education. There are millions of them and centuries behind them – and only several thousands of Soft Mozart students and teachers. In movies this ratio works very effectively and a hero can save the world. In reality this is … tough.

They prefer passive learners that can’t interact with music notation 1 on 1 freely. As long as they keep students and their parents under personal control, they make living. They afraid to lose this control and they will do ANYTHING to prevent students from freedom to read music on their own.
I wonder, is such approach is the very violation of human rights to have education?

They show their best students, who learned despite the odds and prefer to hide slow learners and children with special needs.

I ought to criticize them and I ought to do it openly. If I do it on their ‘professional’ arenas, they ignore my posts, criticize my looks, English, nationality, complain to moderators that I spread ‘spam’, threaten me, belittle achievements of Soft Mozart students and remove my account from forums.

I believe that Internet is a free space, where great ideas can be exposed and prevail. Please, do not send me comments that with the ‘right approach’ I can change their attitude. There is no way to move this mass to different direction with humble approach: they have no incentive to change, they do not want to learn new tricks until they are getting paid for the old one.

I am not going against any particular teacher. In fact, I welcome any of you to join our community. My goal is to defend the best interests of our students. My ultimate goal is to improve and uplift music education, music literacy and make music making fun and contagious. I call all people, who care about future of music education to join my team.

Sincerely,
Hellene Hiner
PS. Feel free to visit my ‘Piano myths’ playlist on You Tube and read the comments here:
What would you say to your family doctor, if one day you will find out that…
He sent your beloved to chemotherapy being already aware of the fact that cancer can be treated with new, 100% effective, approved and perfectly save medicine?
This is what I feel, when I see current piano/music teachers malpractice.
Many think that since I am running the business I am not in place to openly criticize them as my ‘competitors’. But before anything else I am an author of groundbreaking and patented approach in teaching music literacy and my ultimate goal is to enlighten people about the new opportunity that my invention bring to them.
‘Piano myths’ exposed on You Tube – and piano teachers are VERY unhappy. Yesterday I received cold shower for my videos, especially those with excerpts of their lessons. They are willing to pick a fight, howl, make personal attacks and put me to shame to justify not so good old and ineffective ways to teach piano and music to kids and beginners.
Here is where I am coming from. I know that I swim against the stream. They advocate rigid music notation, because they were taught this way, they got used to it and don’t like changes. I insist on modifying the notation to be user friendly for beginner’s eyes. They stand upon the old tradition on teaching music – I rely on the new tradition in teaching books with ABC pictures.
Whatever Soft Mozart students can learn in ½ hours, they teach for months and charging per hour. This is not just it: after many trying and failing with rigid notation many students develop low self-esteem, no interest in such lessons and strong believe that music education is costly, no fun and low effective. This belief is so strong that works for law makers as an excuse to squeeze music lessons out of public school system.
I want to be humble, but it is impossible. We stand on different grounds. We fight tooth and nails for the future of our children’s education. There are millions of them and centuries behind them – and only several thousands of Soft Mozart students and teachers. In movies this ratio works very effectively and a hero can save the world. In reality this is … tough.
They prefer passive learners that can’t interact with music notation 1 on 1 freely. As long as they keep students and their parents under personal control, they make living. They afraid to lose this control and they will do ANYTHING to prevent students from freedom to read music on their own.
I wonder, is such approach is the very violation of human rights to have education?
They show their best students, who learned despite the odds and prefer to hide slow learners and children with special needs.
I ought to criticize them and I ought to do it openly. If I do it on their ‘professional’ arenas, they ignore my posts, criticize my looks, English, nationality, complain to moderators that I spread ‘spam’, threaten me, belittle achievements of Soft Mozart students and remove my account from forums.
I believe that Internet is a free space, where great ideas can be exposed and prevail. Please, do not send me comments that with the ‘right approach’ I can change their attitude. There is no way to move this mass to different direction with humble approach: they have no incentive to change, they do not want to learn new tricks until they are getting paid for the old one.
I am not going against any particular teacher. In fact, I welcome any of you to join our community. My goal is to defend the best interests of our students. My ultimate goal is to improve and uplift music education, music literacy and make music making fun and contagious. I call all people, who care about future of music education to join my team.
Sincerely,
Hellene Hiner
PS. Feel free to visit my ‘Piano myths’ playlist on You Tube and read the comments here:
www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLQrdSmZ5Z...teBbQan4FBU1QWshN6FT

Back to the Mozart
Last edit: 02 Feb 2014 19:19 by hellene.
The following user(s) said Thank You: olivia

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.062 seconds