fbpx

Our Promotion

Save, Сэкономьте, Ahorrar
The 'Butterfly Ball' is Officially Over. What Next?/ "Бал Бабочек" закончен. Что дальше?/La Gala de Mariposas ha terminado oficialmente. ¿Qué sigue? (12 Feb 2024)

Unlock Your 'Butterfly Ball' Benefits: Certificates and Discounts Awaiting!
Откройте для себя преимущества «Бала Бабочек»: начинаем производить сертификаты и назначать скидки!
¡Desbloquea tus beneficios de la Gala de Mariposas: Certificados y descuentos te esperan!

× Welcome to the SoftMozart forum!

Tell us and our members who you are, what you like and why you became a member of this site.
We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!

Hello to everyone who likes SF!

More
30 Dec 2011 22:21 #785 by Nataly
Hello,
My name is Natalia. I am absolutely delighted that I learned about this program. Despite my enthusiasm I have yet to start teaching my younger daughter who is 2 and a half.
I am still getting ready to start. At first there was the buying and installing the PC. Now I’m reading Hellene’s book and using the program to learn myself, playing Hanon 1. However, yesterday we listened to the solfeggio together. Sill my daughter has such character that I feel like I need to prepare well for the first few lessons, so it would be interesting for her. Maybe one of her toys would like to play….like big doll Miss Alexsander which she would receive for New Years.
We play games that involve fingers and she knows where the low and high notes are.
At home we talk only in Russian. But I will be teaching my daughter the English solfeggio: Do, Re, Mi, Fa, Sol, La, Ti, Do (Ti instead of Si, which is more natural for Russian). I was also thinking of using English associated pictures, but I’m still debating about that.
Happy upcoming New Year everyone, and wish you all success!!!!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
30 Dec 2011 23:26 - 30 Dec 2011 23:27 #786 by NadiaD
Welcome to SM forum, Natalia!

Sounds like you did good job preparing! Will be waiting for your updates as our daughters are almost the same age.

It is good idea that you started to learn solfeggio symbols even before showing her keyboard. I did it with my DD too, and when I showed her the keyboard with the stickers, it was like she saw there her old friends.
According to the 1st Week lesson plan she will start playing with the right hand, so it helped me to have only 8 stickers (Middle Do to Do) to keep my DD less distracted. Then for the second week you can add more stickers.

The best of luck!
Last edit: 30 Dec 2011 23:27 by NadiaD.

More
31 Dec 2011 01:25 #798 by hellene

Nataly wrote: Hello,
My name is Natalia. I am absolutely delighted that I learned about this program. Despite my enthusiasm I have yet to start teaching my younger daughter who is 2 and a half.

Welcome!

I am still getting ready to start. At first there was the buying and installing the PC. Now I’m reading Hellene’s book and using the program to learn myself, playing Hanon 1. However, yesterday we listened to the solfeggio together. Sill my daughter has such character that I feel like I need to prepare well for the first few lessons, so it would be interesting for her. Maybe one of her toys would like to play….like big doll Miss Alexsander which she would receive for New Years.

Good idea to get started!

We play games that involve fingers and she knows where the low and high notes are.

We would like to hear more about these games!

At home we talk only in Russian. But I will be teaching my daughter the English solfeggio: Do, Re, Mi, Fa, Sol, La, Ti, Do (Ti instead of Si, which is more natural for Russian). I was also thinking of using English associated pictures, but I’m still debating about that.

What version of Soft Mozart do you have? Where do you live?

Happy upcoming New Year everyone, and wish you all success!!!!

Thank you, Natalia! We are happy to have you with us!

Back to the Mozart

More
05 Jan 2012 06:30 #893 by Nataly
We would like to hear more about these games!

Special games for fingers I sometimes find in books, like poems which are followed by finger movements. Or I myself suggest simple movements: form a fist and then open to reveal the palm or first finger says “hi” to all the other fingers in order.
At the same time I teach my daughter how to count starting with the big finger, the big finger being the first finger, like it is supposed to be in music (I do this when we cut her fingernails ). While for the low and high notes she knows how the music of animals sounds: birds and bears. And in what range do people sing? – In the middle.

What version of Soft Mozart do you have? Where do you live?
I have the Starter Kids version. And we live in California south of San Francisco.

More
05 Jan 2012 16:28 #905 by hellene
Natalia, there are many great games. Remember? Сорока - белобока, for instance.
There are exercises to teach your child piano. Did you find the video in your Starter Kit files?
I also would recommend to read all Nadia's posts. She also teaching a toddler.

Back to the Mozart

More
06 Jan 2012 07:56 #920 by Nataly

hellene wrote: Did you find the video in your Starter Kit files?

No, I didn't find the video in my starter Kit files. I watch video on the site.

Time to create page: 0.072 seconds