fbpx

Our Promotion

Save, Сэкономьте, Ahorrar
The 'Butterfly Ball' is Officially Over. What Next?/ "Бал Бабочек" закончен. Что дальше?/La Gala de Mariposas ha terminado oficialmente. ¿Qué sigue? (12 Feb 2024)

Unlock Your 'Butterfly Ball' Benefits: Certificates and Discounts Awaiting!
Откройте для себя преимущества «Бала Бабочек»: начинаем производить сертификаты и назначать скидки!
¡Desbloquea tus beneficios de la Gala de Mariposas: Certificados y descuentos te esperan!

× Welcome to the SoftMozart forum!

Tell us and our members who you are, what you like and why you became a member of this site.
We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!

SoftMozart english and international version

More
22 Dec 2011 12:15 #606 by sidonia
Hello,I need some advice please!

I would like to know whether someone whose native language is not english, uses the SoftMozart english program for his non-english speaking child?
I wonder whether you can use the english program with the same results with a non-english and english speaking child?How far are the translated curriculums different or similar to each other?
I ask that because i do not know if i should wait until the program is translated and available also in german language ,or should i by the SoftMozart in english?Thank you in advance.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
22 Dec 2011 13:45 #614 by hellene
Sidonia,
Where do you actually live?

Back to the Mozart

More
22 Dec 2011 17:11 #619 by ariel
I don't think a child even needs to read to use SM. As Mom is pretty much the teacher and she selects the songs initially. The menus can be explained to the child if needed and they will likely memorize what keys they need to switch from Right hand to left, etc. But my DD almost 3 hasn't even paid attention to all that. She is much too busy looking at the graphics and pressing the keys which are all language free. Hope that helps dear!

More
22 Dec 2011 18:30 - 22 Dec 2011 18:38 #624 by andreasro
We are Romanians. My DD is learning English. He sings and speaks the solfeggio in Romanian (Do, Re, Mi, Fa, Sol, La, Si, Do - so we have Si instead of Ti) although he hears clearly the Ti in Hellen's music chant and when I sing or speak out loud the 6th note.
SM is using images easy to recognize in our language: door, rain etc. And sometimes is easier to ask him in the native language where the door is or the rain instead of asking about the note, though he understands the English words.

There are just few notes so very few words for a child to understand and for a parent to translate from to make it easier when using SM in English.
As for the rest of the materials, for instance for the flash cards you don't need to know English. As for "Kingdom of Tune" book - and here NadiaD can confirm or not - just like any other story, you can create your own materials in your language to be used with your child, according to what is most suitable or what you know she enjoys best. You can be very creative. NadiaD showed us while using the coloring page to talk about what's in the drawing. In her video she's speaking in English, but anyone can do it in his native language, right?

The more important thing is for the parent to understand what and how to use the SM software / games. As a parent, you're the one guiding the child and for that child practicing is the most important for learning, not the language of SM.

Andrea
Last edit: 22 Dec 2011 18:38 by andreasro.
The following user(s) said Thank You: NadiaD

More
23 Dec 2011 09:06 #640 by sidonia
Thank you for your helpful reply.I live in Italy(South Tyrol,german autonomous province)I am from Romania,such as the Andrea ,my mother tongue is hungarian.
I understand that the language of SoftMozart is not so important for learning,but i being a music illiterate ,how can i translate for example the english solfeggio or alfabetical notes in german,if i do not know how they are named in german?

More
23 Dec 2011 09:21 #642 by Mandabplus3
You wouldn't need to translate any of the musical terms at all. Just teach the new music terms in English as you are learning them in English. I doubt many of those complicated musical terms are actually "English" anyway!
You would only need to translate the instructions for an activity or to explain a concept, but we are all translating them to our children to make them child friendly :)
If YOU understand English you will have no problems at all teaching your children. Buy with confidence :)
Plus if you ever did you have Andrea on this forum as an interpreter lol
The following user(s) said Thank You: hellene

Time to create page: 0.077 seconds