fbpx

Our Promotion

Save, Сэкономьте, Ahorrar
The 'Butterfly Ball' is Officially Over. What Next?/ "Бал Бабочек" закончен. Что дальше?/La Gala de Mariposas ha terminado oficialmente. ¿Qué sigue? (12 Feb 2024)

Unlock Your 'Butterfly Ball' Benefits: Certificates and Discounts Awaiting!
Откройте для себя преимущества «Бала Бабочек»: начинаем производить сертификаты и назначать скидки!
¡Desbloquea tus beneficios de la Gala de Mariposas: Certificados y descuentos te esperan!

× Welcome to the SoftMozart forum!

Tell us and our members who you are, what you like and why you became a member of this site.
We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!

Hello Forum

• Florin
  • Florin's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
18 Dec 2011 20:02 #539 by Florin
Hello Forum was created by Florin
Hi guys, I joined this forum today, because it seems to be a cool place where we can share our experience with learning piano/ teaching our kids to play piano.
My name is Florin Barbu, I am a bass player, and I started to teach my child to play piano. Luckily I found Soft Mozart, and I bought the full version. That helped him a lot, we managed to make him actually to enjoy studying piano. More of his little friends are learning piano, but only him is using Soft Mozart. And he seems to be the only one that plays music... for the beauty of music, not to prove something, or to want to be the best in town :-)

See you around!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 Dec 2011 21:14 #540 by hellene
Replied by hellene on topic Hello Forum
Welcome, Florin!
May I add something?
First of all, you are not just a 'bass player' - you are renowned bass player.
Second, you taught your son to play piano with the program beautifully!
Third, you have plenty of experience and videos that we all would LOVE to see.
Welcome!

Back to the Mozart
The following user(s) said Thank You: ttteh

More
22 Dec 2011 10:46 - 22 Dec 2011 10:48 #601 by andreasro
Replied by andreasro on topic Hello Forum
Hello Romanian member!
Welcome/ Bine ai venit! :)

It's so nice to have on the forum another Romanian and a musician in the same time using SM with his child! Please share with us whatever you feel you can share! There's always something to learn from each one of us using SM.

Andrea
Last edit: 22 Dec 2011 10:48 by andreasro.

• Florin
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
24 Dec 2011 09:07 #674 by Florin
Replied by Florin on topic Hello Forum
Hi Hellen, and Andrea,

Thank you for the warm welcome :-)

I posted a new topic here: softmozart.com/forum/15-learning-experie...and-soft-mozart.html

Merry Christmas!

More
24 Dec 2011 10:04 #676 by lzp11
Replied by lzp11 on topic Hello Forum
Hello Florin and welcome to the forum!

We are so lucky to have the insight and experience of genuine musicians who have taught their children using soft Mozart to give advice to the rest of us with less musical ability!

I really look forward to hearing more from you on the forum and seeing video clips. I am really interested in helping my daughter to develop a love of playing for the beauty of music too. B)

• Florin
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
24 Dec 2011 12:41 #677 by Florin
Replied by Florin on topic Hello Forum
Thanks for the welcome. Giving advices is dangerous, especially for children, as they have a huge potential that it easy to destroy with bad advices.
I personally try to remember some little things:
1- Music is a "hearing art" like photography is a visual art. If you cannot hear, you cannot play. It is not a "finger's art" it is a hearing's art. Train the ear, and the technique will follow. I play games with Luca, ask him to recognize minor and major chords, (easy to learn for yourself even if you are not a musician), ask him to recognize different notes, ask him to sing me a note, and then check with the piano. It can be fun, and it is probably the most important thing... Especially at an age when the kid cannot have a good technique anyway... my son cannot take his socks by himself :-)
2- Music is more than everything an art. Art is the ability to make others feel what you are feeling. It is about emotions.
Most of the teachers kill the emotions in your child, by focusing too much on technique. I ask my kid to express joy, or happiness, or sadness, or peace with his music.
3- music is a language, made of words (the notes) and they form sentences, and phrases. I ask my kid to follow the phrases, not focus on individual note, but to play the whole phrase in a musical and pleasant way. He cannot do both, so he miss a note here and there, but he has the right vibe :-)

Time to create page: 0.082 seconds