fbpx

Our Promotion

Save, Сэкономьте, Ahorrar
The 'Butterfly Ball' is Officially Over. What Next?/ "Бал Бабочек" закончен. Что дальше?/La Gala de Mariposas ha terminado oficialmente. ¿Qué sigue? (12 Feb 2024)

Unlock Your 'Butterfly Ball' Benefits: Certificates and Discounts Awaiting!
Откройте для себя преимущества «Бала Бабочек»: начинаем производить сертификаты и назначать скидки!
¡Desbloquea tus beneficios de la Gala de Mariposas: Certificados y descuentos te esperan!

× Welcome to the SoftMozart forum!

Tell us and our members who you are, what you like and why you became a member of this site.
We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!

Hello from Australia!

More
21 Feb 2012 09:06 #2087 by michjas
Hi, I have started my just turned 3 year old on the Soft Mozart journey and the results have been very promising. I just received the 12 month subscription, but have spent the last week whilst waiting for the software to arrive using the trial version.

My daughter enjoys playing the piano, and at times is not completely focused on the lesson, but for some reason is always drawn to finish her lesson. I think it is the computer game/reward/instant feedback aspect (and also the stickers I give her at the end of each lesson :)) that makes her practice every day.

For the first few days she was scared of the spider in the Guess the Key game, so I had to explain to her that it was a friendly spider, and to prove it to her, I had to point out the smile on the spider. Now each time we start off the game, we wave and say hello to the gnome and the spider everytime we see them on the screen.

She loves playing Hot Cross Buns and even when she's not on the piano, she sings it in solfege and plays it on the xylophone.

We keep the lessons short - only 5-10 minutes a day + play a solfa jumping game, where I've enlarged the flash cards and stuck them onto plastic plates and the kids jump on the cards. Then I take some of the cards so that we do some interval training and guess the next note games.

Thank you Hellene for this product. It is the best product I have found to teach piano and musicianship skills!!

Questions:
Do we need to purchase the Kingdom of Tune Book and the Flash Cards separately or are they meant to be part of the kit?

What is the crypt box for? Are we meant to use this every time we play the program?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
21 Feb 2012 10:45 #2092 by Mandabplus3
Replied by Mandabplus3 on topic Hello from Australia!
Welcome fellow Aussie :)
It sounds like you are of to a great start! Stickers are gold in our house too.
The kingdom of tune book is not included, other parents with three year olds say it is worth the money. I dont have it but we really dont have any time left to use it at the moment. Life is FULL! We will get it if I find a spare ten minutes a week to fill up.
The flash cards are a couple of dollars, there are some level 1 cards free...someone will give you the link ;) . Also go to the share file section and you can download (free) and make some beautiful solfege people and presents to learn note order. That is all you need for a start, and they are very young child friendly. These are great to start on while you wait for the program.
The crypto key needs to be in the computer every time you use soft mozart, it is the program so dont loose it! Tie a long bright ribbon on it if you think your kiddy may unplug it (and flush it down the dunny....)
Your daughter sounds very enthusiastic, you are doing very well to get 5-10 minutes a day of practice from a three year old. Well done. Some days we get 55 seconds before my boy says enough..other days its a good 6-8 minutes. With this age group as much time is spent on the piano as is spent learning about note order etc off the piano. It sounds like you have the creative learning all figured out. I will enjoy hearing about your progress.
The following user(s) said Thank You: hellene

More
21 Feb 2012 23:20 #2104 by hellene
Replied by hellene on topic Hello from Australia!

michjas wrote: Hi, I have started my just turned 3 year old on the Soft Mozart journey and the results have been very promising. I just received the 12 month subscription, but have spent the last week whilst waiting for the software to arrive using the trial version.

It is interesting. We have 'Ode to Joy' for trial version and it is not an easy piece for 3-year-old kids to start. Did your child learn the song? Right hand, Left hand, Both?

My daughter enjoys playing the piano, and at times is not completely focused on the lesson, but for some reason is always drawn to finish her lesson. I think it is the computer game/reward/instant feedback aspect (and also the stickers I give her at the end of each lesson :)) that makes her practice every day.

Wow! It is very unusual for the kid of this age!

For the first few days she was scared of the spider in the Guess the Key game, so I had to explain to her that it was a friendly spider, and to prove it to her, I had to point out the smile on the spider. Now each time we start off the game, we wave and say hello to the gnome and the spider everytime we see them on the screen.

I also tell my students that the spider has a big family to feed and he is harvesting fruits sometimes. So, if in the games we miss a note or two, it is ok, because the spider's kids also love the fruits. ;)

She loves playing Hot Cross Buns and even when she's not on the piano, she sings it in solfege and plays it on the xylophone.

Oh, so you have Starter kit program?

We keep the lessons short - only 5-10 minutes a day + play a solfa jumping game, where I've enlarged the flash cards and stuck them onto plastic plates and the kids jump on the cards. Then I take some of the cards so that we do some interval training and guess the next note games.

You are on the right track. It would be lovely to see the pictures/videos of your activities.

Thank you Hellene for this product. It is the best product I have found to teach piano and musicianship skills!!

You are welcome! And thank YOU for sharing your experience!

Questions:
Do we need to purchase the Kingdom of Tune Book and the Flash Cards separately or are they meant to be part of the kit?

It is sold separately, but exist in down loadable version.

What is the crypt box for? Are we meant to use this every time we play the program?

It is the essential part of the program's extension or renewal. When the time limited version is expired, we'll send you the code for the crypto box to process and submit.

Back to the Mozart

More
22 Feb 2012 08:40 #2110 by michjas
Replied by michjas on topic Hello from Australia!
We started with Ode to Joy with only the right hand, but I could tell after a few days that the music was a bit too long for her, so I thought I'd switch to Hot Cross Buns instead. (Yes I was using the downloadable Starter Pack at the time so I was able to choose between the 6 songs).

Sometimes she says she doesn't want to play piano, but I also tell her if I don't spend time with her piano playing, I'll teach her 10 month old brother instead. And of course she doesn't want to give away her mummy and daughter time to her brother!!!! Ha ha.

Hopefully in the next week I can upload a couple of reasonable videos of the activities I am doing with her. I'll add some comments in another topic of what I've been doing to increase her interest in the piano.

More
22 Feb 2012 11:50 #2113 by hellene
Replied by hellene on topic Hello from Australia!

michjas wrote: We started with Ode to Joy with only the right hand, but I could tell after a few days that the music was a bit too long for her, so I thought I'd switch to Hot Cross Buns instead. (Yes I was using the downloadable Starter Pack at the time so I was able to choose between the 6 songs).

Sometimes she says she doesn't want to play piano, but I also tell her if I don't spend time with her piano playing, I'll teach her 10 month old brother instead. And of course she doesn't want to give away her mummy and daughter time to her brother!!!! Ha ha.

Hopefully in the next week I can upload a couple of reasonable videos of the activities I am doing with her. I'll add some comments in another topic of what I've been doing to increase her interest in the piano.

Are you considering to start learning piano yourself? When parents are doing this, it motivates kids as well.

Back to the Mozart

Time to create page: 0.071 seconds