fbpx

Our Promotion

Save, Сэкономьте, Ahorrar
The 'Butterfly Ball' is Officially Over. What Next?/ "Бал Бабочек" закончен. Что дальше?/La Gala de Mariposas ha terminado oficialmente. ¿Qué sigue? (12 Feb 2024)

Unlock Your 'Butterfly Ball' Benefits: Certificates and Discounts Awaiting!
Откройте для себя преимущества «Бала Бабочек»: начинаем производить сертификаты и назначать скидки!
¡Desbloquea tus beneficios de la Gala de Mariposas: Certificados y descuentos te esperan!

× Learning experience

What key stickers should I use?

More
29 Dec 2011 21:12 #763 by queenkmommy
Hello,
I am getting ready to start instruction for my 2 year old but am not sure about which key stickers to use. She knows her letters. I guess I am afraid that if I start with the symbols first that it would be confusing to change to the letters on the keys later? I would love any feedback you have. Thank you!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
29 Dec 2011 21:42 #765 by NadiaD
this topic was addressed here:
softmozart.com/forum/15-learning-experie...e-to-mixed-ages.html

I had the same doubts like you but decided on Solfeggio stickers!
They are more fun. I hope DD will be learning the piano with SM for years, so I am sure she will be proficient in both systems!

More
30 Dec 2011 00:54 #770 by hellene

queenkmommy wrote: Hello,
I am getting ready to start instruction for my 2 year old but am not sure about which key stickers to use. She knows her letters. I guess I am afraid that if I start with the symbols first that it would be confusing to change to the letters on the keys later? I would love any feedback you have. Thank you!

I also would add the following: our voice is the cradle of our music development. Singing the name of music notes promote music ear and memory big time.

Back to the Mozart
The following user(s) said Thank You: andreasro

More
12 Jan 2012 20:52 #1114 by Mandabplus3
I only just saw this post but just in case you still havnt decided. The answer is a very clear " use the solfege stickers" I read music in abc format, one of my girls does too. I am learning solfege with softmozart along with my kids and I can very clearly see the benefits already! I can see it will be quite easy to switch to abc format later ( or even at the same time for myself) but would be difficult to learn the pitch without the solfege. I had every intention of learning in abc...and quickly changed my mind :silly: you get more from the program than just learning to play a bit of piano if you choose the solfege. Those piano key stickers are worth there weight in gold!
The following user(s) said Thank You: hellene, NadiaD

Time to create page: 0.069 seconds