fbpx

Our Promotion

Save, Сэкономьте, Ahorrar
The 'Butterfly Ball' is Officially Over. What Next?/ "Бал Бабочек" закончен. Что дальше?/La Gala de Mariposas ha terminado oficialmente. ¿Qué sigue? (12 Feb 2024)

Unlock Your 'Butterfly Ball' Benefits: Certificates and Discounts Awaiting!
Откройте для себя преимущества «Бала Бабочек»: начинаем производить сертификаты и назначать скидки!
¡Desbloquea tus beneficios de la Gala de Mariposas: Certificados y descuentos te esperan!

× Learning experience

Finger Placement

More
02 Nov 2012 16:31 #6577 by cmontoni
Finger Placement was created by cmontoni
Hi
It is pretty easy to play a song without watching the keyboard for those songs that only encompass the first 5 keys left or right hand but most songs go beyond that. How do I know the correct positioning of my hand and what fingers to reach with? Is there a correct sequence or pattern?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
02 Nov 2012 16:48 #6578 by hellene
Replied by hellene on topic Finger Placement

cmontoni wrote: Hi
It is pretty easy to play a song without watching the keyboard for those songs that only encompass the first 5 keys left or right hand but most songs go beyond that. How do I know the correct positioning of my hand and what fingers to reach with? Is there a correct sequence or pattern?

cmontoni, it is a very good question!
We offer all the beginners to start with 4 essential piano exercises that will help you to understand your fingers' management intuitively:

www.softmozart.com/forum/55-teaching-vid...the-first-level.html

The section TEACHING VIDEO (where you posted) has some Albums/Songs to help you with some finger's placement.

Otherwise, just write, where do you need some help and we'll be able to advice you personally.

BTW, I have to move this topic to 'Learning Experience' category, since here we just posting the videos for playing with metronome and polishing. :)

Back to the Mozart

More
03 Nov 2012 09:24 #6586 by cmontoni
Replied by cmontoni on topic Finger Placement
Hi
I have been trying to practice playing the c scale for 2 octaves. This has been helping me with finger placement and when I do it with both the left and right hand it helps with getting used to the left and right hand working separately. Still a huge challenge for me but the practice is good. Is there a video you could share to show this with some instruction? I get confused at times and not sure my finger placement is correct.

More
04 Nov 2012 14:29 #6622 by hellene
Replied by hellene on topic Finger Placement

cmontoni wrote: Hi
I have been trying to practice playing the c scale for 2 octaves. This has been helping me with finger placement and when I do it with both the left and right hand it helps with getting used to the left and right hand working separately. Still a huge challenge for me but the practice is good. Is there a video you could share to show this with some instruction? I get confused at times and not sure my finger placement is correct.

cmontoni, please, give me specific places where you have problems with:

1. Album and the song
2. bars #-s (put the program on 6th mode. At the beginning of every line you will see bar's numbers. Count the bars #s and let me know)
3. You also can video your hands playing this pieces and I will be able to give you more precise instructions.

Back to the Mozart

More
30 Nov 2012 20:50 #7100 by cmontoni
Replied by cmontoni on topic Finger Placement
Hi .
For instance Fingerobics #8 goes beyond the 5 finger keys (Thumb/finger#1) on middle C. When I have to play the A key I would move my pinky off the G and move to the A, correct? But what about playing B, and then C... in the next octave?
Thanks

Time to create page: 0.077 seconds