fbpx

Our Promotion

Save, Сэкономьте, Ahorrar
The 'Butterfly Ball' is Officially Over. What Next?/ "Бал Бабочек" закончен. Что дальше?/La Gala de Mariposas ha terminado oficialmente. ¿Qué sigue? (12 Feb 2024)

Unlock Your 'Butterfly Ball' Benefits: Certificates and Discounts Awaiting!
Откройте для себя преимущества «Бала Бабочек»: начинаем производить сертификаты и назначать скидки!
¡Desbloquea tus beneficios de la Gala de Mariposas: Certificados y descuentos te esperan!

× Learning experience

Memorizing Notes-Reading Music

More
13 Oct 2012 08:59 #6148 by cmontoni
I am not picking this up as quickly as I had hoped. I seem to be unlearning/un-memorizing notes, and staffs I thought I new, or was at least progressing at. The fact that the treble notes are on different lines and spaces than the bass notes have always set me back. I do well with the treble, and get it memorized pretty well. I can play simple right hand songs and win at some practice games, UNTIL I practice reading notes in the bass cleff. Not only do I fail miserably but when I go back to practicing the treble I lose what I had already memorized pretty well. UGH!!!!
I have been practicing daily now for 2 weeks, I am feeling dense. Any suggestions?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 Oct 2012 09:56 #6166 by Mandabplus3
Wow! I thought it was just me! I learnt flute as a kid. To play flute you only need to learn the treble clef notes. I can read those fluently but not so much the base. :silly: I suggest you find some time to play the base clef game. It should help cement the knowledge you are acquiring.
I felt quite confused often playing the games as I went from treble to base and back. It takes a bit of practice but you will get it. If I don't play them for a while I can still get mixed up. But this doesn't bother me when I am playing gentle piano. My hands have no trouble remembering that they get one staff each! So in the end it doesn't matter to your playing, just you ability to name ( and thus sing) the notes. When we are learning to play songs we only sing the melody of the treble notes so it doesn't hurt to be more confident in those in the end! :P once again it is a case of just believing it will all sort itself out in the end. You may not realize just how often you are drawing on those skills you already have as you learn these new techniques. I had no idea until some others posted comments on my progress diary asking how I did that.
Helene recommends people start with the game Guess Key. Playing it daily ( or often at least) for the first month, for a set time and record your score each time. So the progress you make is clear and motivating.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.084 seconds