fbpx

Our Promotion

Save, Сэкономьте, Ahorrar
The 'Butterfly Ball' is Officially Over. What Next?/ "Бал Бабочек" закончен. Что дальше?/La Gala de Mariposas ha terminado oficialmente. ¿Qué sigue? (12 Feb 2024)

Unlock Your 'Butterfly Ball' Benefits: Certificates and Discounts Awaiting!
Откройте для себя преимущества «Бала Бабочек»: начинаем производить сертификаты и назначать скидки!
¡Desbloquea tus beneficios de la Gala de Mariposas: Certificados y descuentos te esperan!

× Learning experience

Where is Do on my piano?

More
20 Dec 2011 17:18 #562 by ariel
I being a music illiterate, have to be the first one to ask, how do you know where to put the piano stickers. I don't know where is 'Do' on the piano... :whistle: Are there certain keys that I can count and start from there.

We need a FAQ now to compile these questions for future momies like me.

Thanks everyone...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
20 Dec 2011 17:38 #564 by hellene
Replied by hellene on topic Where is Do on my piano?

ariel wrote: I being a music illiterate, have to be the first one to ask, how do you know where to put the piano stickers. I don't know where is 'Do' on the piano... :whistle: Are there certain keys that I can count and start from there.

We need a FAQ now to compile these questions for future momies like me.

Thanks everyone...

Dear Ariel,
The middle Do (or C) very easy to find. Please, sit in the middle of the piano and take a look at 2 black keys just in front of you. The white key on the left IS a middle Do

softmozart.com/curriculum/eyenotes-sheet-music.html - the map is on this page

Back to the Mozart
The following user(s) said Thank You: ariel

More
20 Dec 2011 17:48 - 20 Dec 2011 17:50 #565 by NadiaD
Replied by NadiaD on topic Where is Do on my piano?
Ariel,
if you count the white piano keys, the middle Do is the fifteenth white key from the beginning.
By the time I submitted answer Hellene answered the question way better. :cheer:
Last edit: 20 Dec 2011 17:50 by NadiaD.

More
20 Dec 2011 17:55 #566 by ariel
Replied by ariel on topic Where is Do on my piano?
Thanks Nadia and Hellene! Would you recommend putting stickers on all of the piano or for now start from the 15th key where Nadia mentioned?

I actually ordered the guides so I am printing the paper out and sticking it with tape.

Thanks....

More
20 Dec 2011 19:46 #569 by lzp11
Replied by lzp11 on topic Where is Do on my piano?
Ariel - how old is your child? I haven't started teaching yet but from Nadia's posts I realised that too many stickers are quite distracting for young children. It might be enough to start from middle C and maybe put on 8 stickers to the left and 8 to the right.

Having spent ages carefully sticking all the stickers onto our keyboard I then had to take half of them off again for my 2.5year old! I am also planning to use a folded piece of card to cover half the keyboard (e.g. Covering the left hand keys when we are practicing with the right hand).

More
20 Dec 2011 21:13 #570 by NadiaD
Replied by NadiaD on topic Where is Do on my piano?
I would do 8 stickers (middle Do to Do) for the first week and would add 7 more for the second hand the following week, when you will start playing with the left hand. It is much easier to put the stickers on then take them off.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ariel

Time to create page: 0.089 seconds