fbpx

Our Promotion

Save, Сэкономьте, Ahorrar
The 'Butterfly Ball' is Officially Over. What Next?/ "Бал Бабочек" закончен. Что дальше?/La Gala de Mariposas ha terminado oficialmente. ¿Qué sigue? (12 Feb 2024)

Unlock Your 'Butterfly Ball' Benefits: Certificates and Discounts Awaiting!
Откройте для себя преимущества «Бала Бабочек»: начинаем производить сертификаты и назначать скидки!
¡Desbloquea tus beneficios de la Gala de Mariposas: Certificados y descuentos te esperan!

× Learning experience

Tutorial for each component of SM Starter Pack?

More
29 Oct 2011 21:02 #240 by BASM11
Hello

I bought the SM starter pack and would be grateful if you someone could provide a step by step guide/ tutorial illustrating what to do with each component (e.g. Gentle piano, Note alphabet etc) of the SM starter pack -
I need it to help 3y and 5 y old play.

So far I have managed to connect the keyboard to a computer

Please assume that I am someone who has not played the piano before and I am just starting off

Thank you

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
29 Oct 2011 22:37 #241 by catwithradio
Hi, BASM11!
Did you read 'Start Here!' file?
There supposed to be a lesson plan.
Did you download your version or had it shipped?

More
30 Oct 2011 13:26 #246 by hellene
Hi, BASM 11!

Welcome to our community!
Let me ask you: did you print the piano key guides out?
I would recommend to do it asap and place them behind your piano/keyboard keys.

Another important step is to print our Flash cards. You have audio song in your package and kids can listen to the song and place the cards in order like ir is shown on our instructional video:
softmozart.com/our-library/videos/9instr...old-kid.-part-1.html
In fact, here softmozart.com/our-library/videos/instructional.html 5 parts of the video.
Please, take a look at them and use the materials to work with your kids at home.

Also, please, let me know, what are you doing with the program now.

Back to the Mozart

More
08 Nov 2011 11:38 #291 by BASM11
Hello Hellene

Thanks for the welcome note. Followed your instructions. They are useful.

The remaining issue is the best way to use the starter program with a 3y and 5y old

Am I right in thinking that not all the components of the program use the keyboard (i.e some are just based on using computer keys ) and so would actually be away from the keyboard unless I had a stand to put above the keyboard as in the videos?

Also I do not play myself and whilst I can easily identify basic keys, I might not be always able to identify flat/sharp keys etc

Essentially it would be very helpful to have a step by step tutorial/example exercises to carry out on using the program, unless this is already somewhere and I have missed it?

Thanks

More
08 Nov 2011 13:02 #293 by hellene

BASM11 wrote: Hello Hellene

Thanks for the welcome note. Followed your instructions. They are useful.

The remaining issue is the best way to use the starter program with a 3y and 5y old

Am I right in thinking that not all the components of the program use the keyboard (i.e some are just based on using computer keys ) and so would actually be away from the keyboard unless I had a stand to put above the keyboard as in the videos?

Yes, we have some games, where a computer keyboard is being used as a 'predecessor' of the piano keys. Usually I place it over the keyboard or piano keys on the stand.

Also I do not play myself and whilst I can easily identify basic keys, I might not be always able to identify flat/sharp keys etc

It is just a start. You will learn it pretty quickly! :)

Essentially it would be very helpful to have a step by step tutorial/example exercises to carry out on using the program, unless this is already somewhere and I have missed it?

Thanks

Did you check the file 'START HERE'? There you can find detailed lesson plan.

Also, there is a section in 'Our Library' with a lot of instructional videos. They explain, how to use the program in all different ways.

On the top of that we have extended community here, and always welcome to write your questions and to be helped!

I just wrote a post in my Russian post about the hints, how to teach very young children. It is going to be soon translated and polished in our English speaking section. Stay tuned!

Back to the Mozart

Time to create page: 0.090 seconds