fbpx

Our Promotion

Save, Сэкономьте, Ahorrar
The 'Butterfly Ball' is Officially Over. What Next?/ "Бал Бабочек" закончен. Что дальше?/La Gala de Mariposas ha terminado oficialmente. ¿Qué sigue? (12 Feb 2024)

Unlock Your 'Butterfly Ball' Benefits: Certificates and Discounts Awaiting!
Откройте для себя преимущества «Бала Бабочек»: начинаем производить сертификаты и назначать скидки!
¡Desbloquea tus beneficios de la Gala de Mariposas: Certificados y descuentos te esperan!

× Learning experience

Toddler fingering...and using only one finger

More
28 Aug 2014 18:57 #15827 by rishb
Hello,

We started the 24-36 lesson plan yesterday. My daughter is trying the finger exercise, however, isolating fingers are a bit troublesome for her. She does recognize do, re, mi etc...and can identify them. Now, my issue is that while looking at gentle piano and trying it out for myself with my right hand, she said she wanted to try it. I let her and to my surprise, she was able to do it, while calling out do, re, mi etc... (sorry, I don't know the technical term). Although, she only did it with one finger, her pointer, on her right hand. My question is, is this something I should let her try again? I don't want to do anything incorrectly. I also want to discourage her in case it has a negative effect. Did make a mistake by allowing her to try this? Any suggestions/advice? Thanks so much.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
28 Aug 2014 19:46 #15829 by hellene
Hello, rishb!
With our program it is impossible to do anything wrong or damage anything.
For now your daughter is in the stage of learning keyboard geography. It is impossible to learn and geography and finger awareness at the same time!
Let her play with any fingers she wants, but show her a good example by doing correct fingering yourself.
I would recommend you to read some tips about the learning arrangement and fingering here:
www.softmozart.com/forum/20-hellene-hine...rite-a-new-book.html

Back to the Mozart

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.070 seconds