fbpx

Our Promotion

Save, Сэкономьте, Ahorrar
The 'Butterfly Ball' is Officially Over. What Next?/ "Бал Бабочек" закончен. Что дальше?/La Gala de Mariposas ha terminado oficialmente. ¿Qué sigue? (12 Feb 2024)

Unlock Your 'Butterfly Ball' Benefits: Certificates and Discounts Awaiting!
Откройте для себя преимущества «Бала Бабочек»: начинаем производить сертификаты и назначать скидки!
¡Desbloquea tus beneficios de la Gala de Mariposas: Certificados y descuentos te esperan!

× Learning experience

The first time user!!!!

More
28 Jan 2012 02:42 #1458 by mayri3838
I just started to teach my son with SM today. I let him play some note games on the computer which is not really involved with the keyboard yet. However I have a big question that how could I teach my child? I saw some of you talk about the curriculum for teaching with SM. Where is the place that I can get it? I think that it was some kind of a plan that we have to work with the learner? Please let me know what should I do about it. I am kinda got lost in the direction. Thanks in advance.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
28 Jan 2012 22:22 #1476 by Mandabplus3
Replied by Mandabplus3 on topic The first time user!!!!
Hi Mayri, welcome :)
We all felt a little lost to begin with. Best option is to start reading everything! The more you read the more confident you will be. Also play a few of the games and songs your self so you will understand the purpose of them more clearly.
You will find the curriculum under " start HERE one year plan" on your disk or computer. If you read through a number of pages you will have a clearer idea of the direction to take. If you are overwhelmed or lost then follow it directly to start with. Do not be concerned about the dates and how long it takes you to reach each goal. It WILL be different for evey child. The curriculum is a guide only! It will give you a general direction and then for specific advise post in the learning experiences and you will get tips and further directions tailored to your child's strengths and weaknesses.
There are instructions for each game there also, please read them before you play. I would also play the games yourself before you sit your child in front of them just to ensure effective teaching :)
Gentle piano is the file with the piano playing in it and you will find starting with hot cross buns should be a winner.
It does take a while to get your head around it all, so don't worry :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: hellene

More
28 Jan 2012 22:24 #1477 by Mandabplus3
Replied by Mandabplus3 on topic The first time user!!!!
Oh I forgot to mention we ALL found it really important to spend time with the flash cards learning note order and getting familiar with it as a place to start! Check out the solfege people and the solfege presents in the sharing files section of the forum.

More
28 Jan 2012 23:06 #1478 by NadiaD
Replied by NadiaD on topic The first time user!!!!
Mayri, Welcome to SM forum!
The lesson plan is on your SM Software CD together with instructional videos of finger exercises. Let us know if you found it there!
You might find this info helpful as well:
softmozart.com/index.php/teaching/how-to...it-for-yourself.html

More
29 Jan 2012 14:23 #1487 by mayri3838
Replied by mayri3838 on topic The first time user!!!!
Thank you so much for your support Manda and Nadia ^_^
I will study the plan very well before I get start ( even though I already started , but it was wrong). You guys are so kind to help a confusing mom like me. I am so appreciate your help.

More
29 Jan 2012 19:28 #1492 by NadiaD
Replied by NadiaD on topic The first time user!!!!
Mayri,

just couple weeks ago me and Manda were in same situation as you, eager to start and not knowing what to do.
You are very smart to ask for help!
Do not take to much time studying the lesson plan. Read the lesson plan for the first 4 weeks. Then reread lesson plan for week one, print out all the needed flashcards and start!
Here is a quote from my friend Bossa's post:
""The program includes different games that teach play the piano. If you want to get an idea of that just go to the Our Library - Videos - Instructional. Look through them. Firstly you'll see how to better teach children using the program, then there are videos with different exercises that is important to practice ( you can teach your child to do them even before buying the program), and then there are some videos that show how to play different games. So, you'll get the idea about the software.
Also, you can print the flash cards or use slides to teach solfeggio that is very important. You know your child better, so you can decide how to teach him""

Time to create page: 0.081 seconds