fbpx

Our Promotion

Save, Сэкономьте, Ahorrar
The 'Butterfly Ball' is Officially Over. What Next?/ "Бал Бабочек" закончен. Что дальше?/La Gala de Mariposas ha terminado oficialmente. ¿Qué sigue? (12 Feb 2024)

Unlock Your 'Butterfly Ball' Benefits: Certificates and Discounts Awaiting!
Откройте для себя преимущества «Бала Бабочек»: начинаем производить сертификаты и назначать скидки!
¡Desbloquea tus beneficios de la Gala de Mariposas: Certificados y descuentos te esperan!

× Technical Questions

No Sound in Gentle Piano

More
24 Sep 2012 19:37 #5842 by MummyRoo
I have a rather annoying problem. When I play right or left hand in GP the volume is fine, but as soon as I try and play both hands together, the sound disappears.

I tried using the tuning and fiddling with settings and temporarily lost all ability to work GP at all (though the Guess Key was fine) but I think I have fixed that and am back to no-volume for the both-hands playing.

This doesn't bother my son (since he can't stretch his little fingers to make the chords, he needs both hands to play LH :lol: ) but I am bored after playing the simple tunes one handed!

Is this a problem with my software or is it a problem with my keyboard?

Thanks!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
24 Sep 2012 20:58 - 24 Sep 2012 20:58 #5844 by hellene
Replied by hellene on topic No Sound in Gentle Piano

MummyRoo wrote: I have a rather annoying problem. When I play right or left hand in GP the volume is fine, but as soon as I try and play both hands together, the sound disappears.

I tried using the tuning and fiddling with settings and temporarily lost all ability to work GP at all (though the Guess Key was fine) but I think I have fixed that and am back to no-volume for the both-hands playing.

This doesn't bother my son (since he can't stretch his little fingers to make the chords, he needs both hands to play LH :lol: ) but I am bored after playing the simple tunes one handed!

Is this a problem with my software or is it a problem with my keyboard?

Thanks!

Most likely, this is a problem with the connecting chord.
What OS of your computer?
What MIDI cable do you use?

Back to the Mozart
Last edit: 24 Sep 2012 20:58 by hellene.

More
25 Sep 2012 12:33 #5855 by MummyRoo
Replied by MummyRoo on topic No Sound in Gentle Piano
I have windows 7, so I doubt there is a problem there. My keyboard connects with the same wire I use for my printer.

I've been looking to upgrade to a cheap 61-key model (the one we have is only 49, and has no speakers which I didn't realise when I bought it) and am looking at this one: Casio CTK-3200 - do you think this will work?

I've been thinking of upgrading for a while, and this might be just the excuse to do so.

More
25 Sep 2012 15:49 #5860 by hellene
Replied by hellene on topic No Sound in Gentle Piano

MummyRoo wrote: I have windows 7, so I doubt there is a problem there. My keyboard connects with the same wire I use for my printer.

We call it USB keyboards

I've been looking to upgrade to a cheap 61-key model (the one we have is only 49, and has no speakers which I didn't realise when I bought it) and am looking at this one: Casio CTK-3200 - do you think this will work?

It is a good keyboard and it should work with the program very well!

I've been thinking of upgrading for a while, and this might be just the excuse to do so.

Keep in mind that some of the USB keyboards are not compatible with Win 7 and in order to make them work properly you have to go to their manufacturer's site to upgrade the drivers for Win 7.

Most likely, you current USB keyboard is also needs this upgrade, but it is better to have 61 keys anyway, because most of our piano pieces requires 5 octaves.

Back to the Mozart

Time to create page: 0.072 seconds