fbpx

Our Promotion

Save, Сэкономьте, Ahorrar
The 'Butterfly Ball' is Officially Over. What Next?/ "Бал Бабочек" закончен. Что дальше?/La Gala de Mariposas ha terminado oficialmente. ¿Qué sigue? (12 Feb 2024)

Unlock Your 'Butterfly Ball' Benefits: Certificates and Discounts Awaiting!
Откройте для себя преимущества «Бала Бабочек»: начинаем производить сертификаты и назначать скидки!
¡Desbloquea tus beneficios de la Gala de Mariposas: Certificados y descuentos te esperan!

× Technical Questions

How to (free) download (youtube etc.) video files

More
14 Sep 2012 08:15 - 04 May 2013 13:34 #5626 by andreasro
As Hellene has started posting more videos, especially with playing Soft Mozart pieces, maybe this info about downloading them on one's computer is useful :) We can take the videos with us anytime, either on laptop, iPhone, iBook etc.

I use this free (and legal :lol: ) online downloading website: http://www.savevid.com/

Note added (May 4th, 2013): savevid website uses Java applet and it may not work on all browsers cause some Java versions have problems.

The site's software discovers and shows which type of video file (file format) can be downloaded: mp4, HD, webm, flv, 3gp, and you download which one suits you best.
I use FLV - flash video - high quality files as I don't have "i"things or other gadgets and I can see full screen with high quality on laptop (using BSPlayer or VideoLan or any other free media player).

Hope this helps :P

Andrea
Last edit: 04 May 2013 13:34 by andreasro.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
04 May 2013 13:37 #10104 by andreasro
After encountering problems with my Orbit Downloader and with Savevid website, I've found a better free website to download Youtube files to mp3, flv, 3gp, mp4 or avi: http://ytconv.net/

If you have questions or trouble using the websites or software I've mentioned here, don't hesitate to ask. I'm not IT person, but I'm pretty good with what I'm using regularly.

Andrea
The following user(s) said Thank You: hellene

More
05 May 2013 00:58 #10106 by hellene
My solution is to use Firefox and have Real Player program installed.
When you open the video, you are getting a message on the top of the screen: Download the video
But to make the video MP4 or MP3 I need a converter (whicj is not free)

So, I didn't explore it yet, but it seems to me, Andrea, that your solution is better then mine :)

Back to the Mozart

More
08 Jul 2013 03:28 - 08 Jul 2013 03:46 #11412 by robbyjo
I have another method that doesn't involve any webpage. It works under Windows, Mac OS X, and Linux. I heard it works for Android devices. No iPad or iPhone solutions, sadly.

1. Install VideoDownloadHelper add on for Firefox .
2. Visit the Youtube link you want to download (with Firefox, of course) and immediately pause the video.
3. Click the VideoDownloadHelper Icon just under the Youtube video and select "Download".

Also, this add on works for not only Youtube, but also Vimeo, and many other streaming sites.
Last edit: 08 Jul 2013 03:46 by robbyjo. Reason: Clarification

Time to create page: 0.088 seconds