fbpx

Our Promotion

Save, Сэкономьте, Ahorrar
The 'Butterfly Ball' is Officially Over. What Next?/ "Бал Бабочек" закончен. Что дальше?/La Gala de Mariposas ha terminado oficialmente. ¿Qué sigue? (12 Feb 2024)

Unlock Your 'Butterfly Ball' Benefits: Certificates and Discounts Awaiting!
Откройте для себя преимущества «Бала Бабочек»: начинаем производить сертификаты и назначать скидки!
¡Desbloquea tus beneficios de la Gala de Mariposas: Certificados y descuentos te esperan!

× Technical Questions

Gentle Piano - Keeping Score for Multiple Students

More
11 Sep 2012 18:38 #5540 by trey
How can I keep track of the scores for multiple students? The number of correct notes is reset each time, but the total score on each piece keeps increasing.

Thanks!

Trey

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 Sep 2012 11:17 #5560 by trey
Sorry... I've just starting using the program and thought that the numbers on the right were keeping score. No need to reply.

More
12 Sep 2012 16:37 - 12 Sep 2012 16:41 #5567 by andreasro
It's ok, feel free to ask any question, anytime. Just please be patient till you get an answer cause both Hellene and the moderator are very busy :) We, the others, will help when we can or know.

If I'm right, the numbers in the lower right hand corner, in 1-5 modes of playing shows the timing - if and how much you stick to the duration of notes. In mode 6 it just shows your total time of playing. I use it to correct myself when I play "blindly" (when pressing H letter - hide).

Regarding your question, Hellene knows about this need for those using one software to multiple users. I would love to have this too :lol:
If possible, she along with the programmers will add this feature to the updated software (if they get the funds needed for this big project).

Andrea
Last edit: 12 Sep 2012 16:41 by andreasro. Reason: text added
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mandabplus3

More
13 Sep 2012 02:54 #5585 by hellene

trey wrote: Sorry... I've just starting using the program and thought that the numbers on the right were keeping score. No need to reply.

It seems like before our Skype conference you will be pretty much educated about the software ;)

Back to the Mozart

More
07 Oct 2012 18:24 - 07 Oct 2012 18:33 #6059 by msadrienne
Trey,

I was thinking about how best to keep track of students' scores (even just keeping track of a single student's scores!) and decided to put together a simple spreadsheet, with a tab for each student. I use OpenOffice Calc for spreadsheets, but you could do this in Excel if you use MS Office software.

Across the top of each grid, I have listed each component (Note Duration, Guess Key, Bass Staff Puzzle, etc...) and along the left-hand side I will indicate the date. So, like this:

Fruit Lines | Guess Key | Note Alphabet

Oct 1 (time/score)| (time/score) | (time/score)
Oct 2 (time/score)| (time/score) | (time/score)

It does mean keeping this spreadsheet open or easy to get to, and updating it frequently, but then you will have all the data in one place.

I hope this helps! :) I can attach a sample spreadsheet if you'd like.

~Adrienne in Lexington, Kentucky, USA

Here is a picture of my spreadsheet:
Attachments:
Last edit: 07 Oct 2012 18:33 by msadrienne. Reason: Attached File

Time to create page: 0.073 seconds