fbpx

Our Promotion

Save, Сэкономьте, Ahorrar
The 'Butterfly Ball' is Officially Over. What Next?/ "Бал Бабочек" закончен. Что дальше?/La Gala de Mariposas ha terminado oficialmente. ¿Qué sigue? (12 Feb 2024)

Unlock Your 'Butterfly Ball' Benefits: Certificates and Discounts Awaiting!
Откройте для себя преимущества «Бала Бабочек»: начинаем производить сертификаты и назначать скидки!
¡Desbloquea tus beneficios de la Gala de Mariposas: Certificados y descuentos te esperan!

× Technical Questions

Problems connecting keyboard and computer

More
27 Dec 2015 17:51 #21347 by eddie_p_y
Hi,

I recently installed our Soft Mozart program on my Mac and connected it to our Casio Privia PX160 (it has MIDI capability). Unfortunately, it's not working for any of the software games. I'm using this cable to connect the two: www.amazon.com/AmazonBasics-USB-2-0-Cabl...eywords=usb+ab+cable

When I open up the Gentle Piano app (or any other app) and have it play the sounds of the piece, it will play the piece through the speakers of the keyboard, but when I try to play the keys on the keyboard to play the games, it will not work with the program at all. I've already changed the MIDI input when using Soft Mozart Tuning app to reflect our Casio model. Can anyone help me figure this out?

Thanks,
Eddi

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
28 Dec 2015 05:56 #21349 by hellene
Hello, Eddie!
You may want to google the name of your piano and OS with the words 'MIDI driver'. Another approach is to visit Casio site and search the driver for your OS.

Back to the Mozart

More
28 Dec 2015 10:48 #21352 by eddie_p_y
Hi Hellene,

I looked up drivers yesterday but it's a newer Casio model and the website says it doesn't require drivers, just a usb cable which I have. There don't appear to be any drivers and you just plug it in and it will supposedly download the driver to your computer. Any other ideas?

More
28 Dec 2015 10:58 #21353 by eddie_p_y
This is from the website: "The PX-160 continues Casio's tradition of providing "class compliant" USB connectivity on Privia digital pianos. This allows the PX-160 to be used with Mac or Windows computers without the need for downloading drivers. Class Compliant USB MIDI also allows the PX-160 to be used as a controller with the Apple iPad simply with the use of Apple's Camera Connection Kit."

My DS is eager to start and I have no idea what to do to get it working.

More
28 Dec 2015 19:25 #21369 by hellene

eddie_p_y wrote: This is from the website: "The PX-160 continues Casio's tradition of providing "class compliant" USB connectivity on Privia digital pianos. This allows the PX-160 to be used with Mac or Windows computers without the need for downloading drivers. Class Compliant USB MIDI also allows the PX-160 to be used as a controller with the Apple iPad simply with the use of Apple's Camera Connection Kit."

My DS is eager to start and I have no idea what to do to get it working.

I would like to know, what Mac are you using? Could you, please, specify?

Back to the Mozart

More
28 Dec 2015 20:36 #21370 by eddie_p_y
A MacBook Pro (13-inch, Mid 2012) with OS X Yosemite.

Time to create page: 0.069 seconds