fbpx

Our Promotion

Save, Сэкономьте, Ahorrar
The 'Butterfly Ball' is Officially Over. What Next?/ "Бал Бабочек" закончен. Что дальше?/La Gala de Mariposas ha terminado oficialmente. ¿Qué sigue? (12 Feb 2024)

Unlock Your 'Butterfly Ball' Benefits: Certificates and Discounts Awaiting!
Откройте для себя преимущества «Бала Бабочек»: начинаем производить сертификаты и назначать скидки!
¡Desbloquea tus beneficios de la Gala de Mariposas: Certificados y descuentos te esperan!

× Technical Questions

Do I need a different MIDI cord or keyboard?

More
24 Aug 2013 19:55 #11646 by CVMomma
Our SM package just arrived last night. I got the program installed on the computer, but I can not get the keyboard connected to the computer. We "inherited" an older Casio WK-200 keyboard. I bought the cord from SM, but it doesn't seem to be compatible with the keyboard. I will try to attach pictures of the keyboard's plug in area to see if anyone knows what to do. The keyboard says it is general MIDI, but there isn't the round 5-pin holes for in and out MIDI. Also the USB port is shaped differently than any that I have seen. I am hoping that I can just find a different cord and will not have to buy a keyboard that really is compatible. Everything else seems to be working just fine, but I can't tell for sure without having the keyboard hooked up to the computer.

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
24 Aug 2013 21:34 #11647 by andreasro
If the keyboard has USB port, than you need USB to USB cable.
You may try a cable from a printer.

There is a section on cables in the Soft Mozart User Manual you received on disk (pages 15-16), also free for download here .

Andrea
The following user(s) said Thank You: CVMomma

More
26 Aug 2013 19:22 #11654 by robbyjo
CVMomma: Here is the kind of cable you'd need to connect your keyboard:
www.amazon.com/Belkin-Hi-Speed-USB-Cable-Feet/dp/B00004Z5M1
The following user(s) said Thank You: CVMomma

Time to create page: 0.074 seconds