fbpx

Our Promotion

Save, Сэкономьте, Ahorrar
The 'Butterfly Ball' is Officially Over. What Next?/ "Бал Бабочек" закончен. Что дальше?/La Gala de Mariposas ha terminado oficialmente. ¿Qué sigue? (12 Feb 2024)

Unlock Your 'Butterfly Ball' Benefits: Certificates and Discounts Awaiting!
Откройте для себя преимущества «Бала Бабочек»: начинаем производить сертификаты и назначать скидки!
¡Desbloquea tus beneficios de la Gala de Mariposas: Certificados y descuentos te esperan!

× Technical Questions

Casio CTK-240 - no MIDI/no USB

More
06 Jul 2013 02:30 #11400 by janedm
Hello,

Just received the program but could not connect my keybord to the computer. There is no MIDI input/output on a keybord, also no USB connection there. Is anything can be done (for example, some external device) in order to make this keyboard MIDI compatible?

Could you please advise?
Thanks, Jane

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
06 Jul 2013 02:37 #11401 by hellene
Hi, Jane!
Could you, please, give me more info on your keyboard?

Back to the Mozart

More
06 Jul 2013 02:46 #11402 by janedm
Good morning Hellene,

Type is CTK 240. There is no word "MIDI" on keybord and at the back - only Phones/output and DC 9.5v.

I tried to find in Internet what can be done, here is link for Casio website - www.casio-intl.com/asia-mea/en/emi/standard/ctk240/

but nothing about MIDI is there

• mamaduck
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
07 Jul 2013 21:33 #11408 by mamaduck
Replied by mamaduck on topic Casio CTK-240 - no MIDI/no USB

janedm wrote: Good morning Hellene,

Type is CTK 240. There is no word "MIDI" on keybord and at the back - only Phones/output and DC 9.5v.

I tried to find in Internet what can be done, here is link for Casio website - www.casio-intl.com/asia-mea/en/emi/standard/ctk240/

but nothing about MIDI is there

Hi Janedm,
We started out with a 49-key keyboard that has a midi connection but soon found that we needed a larger keyboard. We ran into the problem of the keyboard not having enough keys to play Fuer Elise. You will still be able to enjoy playing a few of the introductory songs while you search for another keyboard.
Also, fyi, if you have not yet bought the cable I recommend buying one at a store that specializes in musical instruments, if possible. We tried two brands from an electronics store but neither worked until we used this brand purchased at a music store: www.amazon.com/M-Audio-Midisport-Uno-MID...rds=midi+sport+cable

Hope it all works out,
Mamaduck

More
07 Jul 2013 23:45 #11411 by andreasro
Jane,

Can you exchange it for a MIDI one?
Or sell this one and buy a used or cheap MIDI one with at least 61 keys?
There is nothing you can adapt if there are not slots for MIDI input/output.

Have you read the Soft Mozart User Manual ? It gives you info about keyboards and shows you how the output connections are and should look like.

Andrea Sandu
President of Soft Mozart PTO

More
08 Jul 2013 07:49 #11415 by janedm
Thank you ALL,

Yes, I also thought that it could be the only one option, to sell this one and buy another one. My mistake - did not check this keybord while waiting for the program, now have the program but no right keybord. But ok, will try to solve and have a good one before the end of this week.

Thank you for the support

Time to create page: 0.087 seconds