fbpx

Our Promotion

Save, Сэкономьте, Ahorrar
The 'Butterfly Ball' is Officially Over. What Next?/ "Бал Бабочек" закончен. Что дальше?/La Gala de Mariposas ha terminado oficialmente. ¿Qué sigue? (12 Feb 2024)

Unlock Your 'Butterfly Ball' Benefits: Certificates and Discounts Awaiting!
Откройте для себя преимущества «Бала Бабочек»: начинаем производить сертификаты и назначать скидки!
¡Desbloquea tus beneficios de la Gala de Mariposas: Certificados y descuentos te esperan!

× Suggestion Box

I'm a Piano Teacher and I love it!

More
29 Nov 2012 22:15 #7089 by kevinwilber
I've just started to use the SoftMozart software, and I am so thrilled with the approach that this method takes when teaching beginning students.
I have felt for a long time that there was a big "disconnect" happening somewhere in the traditional piano teaching methods. Students were frustrated with their lack of ability to read the music. . . or couldn't develop a sense of rhythm. . . . or could learn to read the notes, but never developed an ear to actually "hear" the music and have a sense of how it all works together.
SoftMozart addresses all of that and much more!

I've shown this to several of my students and their families. They are all quite excited to begin using this method and overcoming and correcting some of the handicaps and deficiencies that have been built into them over the years.

I also plan to use this method with all of my new beginners, and possibly even start some group piano lessons now!

I have hope now that there is a better way! This method is the answer to a deep-seated frustration that I've had for many years as a piano student myself, as well as a teacher.

Here is a link to a YouTube video that I just posted of me trying out some of the demo features.

Enjoy! And keep playing!
The following user(s) said Thank You: msadrienne, the Moon

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
05 Dec 2012 17:18 #7108 by msadrienne
Hi Kevin, nice to meet you! Welcome!

I am a teacher as well, with 22 years of experience, and am also thrilled with this software and the overall curriculum plan. :)

I have 30 students plus my own two children, who are both learning with the Soft Mozart software. They are 8 and 5, a girl and boy.

This semester has been very busy, and I haven't been here on the forum much as of late, but plan to share more teaching ideas and discoveries as we incorporate this system into the studio curriculum. So far, I am using Gentle Piano as a sight-reading tool during lessons, and as a practice tool for students to work on their current pieces (if they are included in the repertoire list).

I finally was able to get the Note Duration program to work on the studio laptop (just needed a better antivirus software), and this week all my students will play it for 5 minutes or so in lessons. Just one of my students has purchased the software, but I am promoting it within the studio in hopes that they will all eventually have it.

Looking forward to your posts!

~Adrienne
The following user(s) said Thank You: the Moon

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.058 seconds