fbpx

Our Promotion

Save, Сэкономьте, Ahorrar
The 'Butterfly Ball' is Officially Over. What Next?/ "Бал Бабочек" закончен. Что дальше?/La Gala de Mariposas ha terminado oficialmente. ¿Qué sigue? (12 Feb 2024)

Unlock Your 'Butterfly Ball' Benefits: Certificates and Discounts Awaiting!
Откройте для себя преимущества «Бала Бабочек»: начинаем производить сертификаты и назначать скидки!
¡Desbloquea tus beneficios de la Gala de Mariposas: Certificados y descuentos te esperan!

× FAQ about our program and curriculum

Advice Please - Children are already learning with a Moveable Do

More
09 Sep 2020 22:20 #38300 by lee.r
Hi,

We are in Australia. Our children do Kodaly-based music lessons every day at school, but in Australia Kodaly is taught with a moveable Do. We are starting your program at home for their piano lessons and to improve their sight reading.

As your program has a fixed Do, I am considering using letter names as I do not want to confuse them, particularly when they get to scales etc I would appreciate your thoughts or any suggestions!

Thankyou,
Lee

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 Sep 2020 02:50 #38301 by hellene

lee.r wrote: Hi,

We are in Australia. Our children do Kodaly-based music lessons every day at school, but in Australia Kodaly is taught with a moveable Do. We are starting your program at home for their piano lessons and to improve their sight reading.

As your program has a fixed Do, I am considering using letter names as I do not want to confuse them, particularly when they get to scales etc I would appreciate your thoughts or any suggestions!

Thankyou,
Lee

Hello, Lee! You asked a very good question. I covered the topic in my book "You Can be a musician". Here is the link to the information about Kodali

In my method kids will easily learn ABC, Do Re Mi with fixed and movable Do. You will see: there will be no problem for them to switch from one way to another!
The training is very intense and create all the necessary neuron pathways for life lasting results in all flexibility possible.
However, please, keep in mind that the most professional schools that give solid music education teach students fixed DO from the start.
Are you planning to follow our lesson plans?

Back to the Mozart

More
11 Sep 2020 06:21 #38305 by lee.r
Thanks very much, Hellene!

I seem to have deleted my first reply (!) but thank you for your suggestions.
My children will continue with Kodaly every day as it is taught to every school classroom, every day. However instead of their private piano lessons, we are doing your program at home.

I am trialling your program because through Kodaly they understand, love and "speak" the Do Re Mi language they use every day (as opposed to ABC notes).
I can also see it is more rigorous and multi-faceted than other programs I have seen online, and am looking forward to extending my children's musicianship with the program.

I have started your lesson plans this week, however am not sure when to progress to the next notation (1-6) or start the next piece. Is it when their score is 0?

Also, it would be good to know what level to progress to for my 8 & 10 year olds who have been playing piano for 2 & 4 years and singing in solfa for 3 years (after they have finished the introductory level).

I wlll be looking at your manual more indepth over the weekend and this may answer some of my questions!

Have a good weekend,
Lee

More
12 Sep 2020 09:46 #38311 by hellene
Dear Lee,
I would recommend you to make some video(s) of kids playing to see their level of technique and sight-reading. You may send the video to me at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
Based on their current skills we will create a road map for their development as piano players and sight-readers.
Please, email me as much info as possible to get started.

Back to the Mozart

More
14 Sep 2020 05:13 #38319 by lee.r
Thank you very much, Hellene! I will do so this week.
Lee
The following user(s) said Thank You: hellene

More
21 Sep 2020 15:38 #38353 by lee.r
I have e-mailed you some videos.
Thanks
Lee

Time to create page: 0.079 seconds