fbpx

Our Promotion

Save, Сэкономьте, Ahorrar
The 'Butterfly Ball' is Officially Over. What Next?/ "Бал Бабочек" закончен. Что дальше?/La Gala de Mariposas ha terminado oficialmente. ¿Qué sigue? (12 Feb 2024)

Unlock Your 'Butterfly Ball' Benefits: Certificates and Discounts Awaiting!
Откройте для себя преимущества «Бала Бабочек»: начинаем производить сертификаты и назначать скидки!
¡Desbloquea tus beneficios de la Gala de Mariposas: Certificados y descuentos te esperan!

× FAQ about our program and curriculum

Just getting started and have lots of questions

More
23 Jul 2013 07:29 #11486 by queenkmommy
Hello,
I am trying to get started with a 4 year old and have lots of questions please. I have a curriculum but it seems very vague.
1) how are fingers to be placed during guess the key game?
2) where is the five finger exercise listed in week 1?
3) how can I learn proper finger placement for playing songs in gentle piano?
4) how many days a week should we practice?
Thank you!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
23 Jul 2013 14:12 - 23 Jul 2013 14:14 #11489 by andreasro

queenkmommy wrote: Hello,
I am trying to get started with a 4 year old and have lots of questions please. I have a curriculum but it seems very vague.
1) how are fingers to be placed during guess the key game?
2) where is the five finger exercise listed in week 1?
3) how can I learn proper finger placement for playing songs in gentle piano?
4) how many days a week should we practice?
Thank you!

Hi :)

I will try to answer:

1) for Guess Key it doesn't matter, any finger is fine. After doing finger exercises and "internalizing" them, placement will become natural.

2) you can find the exercises here: http://softmozart.com/forum/55-teaching-videos/5273-exersises-for-the-first-level.html

3) First step is to play the finger exercises above - after a month or more of daily or as often as possible practice, your fingers will start to be familiar with the keyboard.
The next, after memorizing a piece, is to go to Teaching Videos and watch finger placement and apply or play along, first with metronome then without.
Note: if the teaching video seem too fast to learn the finger placements, you can slow down the video playback in your media player.

4) As often as possible. Short and consistent is better than rare and too long.

:) Please feel free to ask more if needed.

Andrea
Last edit: 23 Jul 2013 14:14 by andreasro.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.074 seconds