fbpx

Our Promotion

Save, Сэкономьте, Ahorrar
The 'Butterfly Ball' is Officially Over. What Next?/ "Бал Бабочек" закончен. Что дальше?/La Gala de Mariposas ha terminado oficialmente. ¿Qué sigue? (12 Feb 2024)

Unlock Your 'Butterfly Ball' Benefits: Certificates and Discounts Awaiting!
Откройте для себя преимущества «Бала Бабочек»: начинаем производить сертификаты и назначать скидки!
¡Desbloquea tus beneficios de la Gala de Mariposas: Certificados y descuentos te esperan!

× Progress Diaries

Texas 5 updates

• Pianomom5
  • Pianomom5's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
08 Dec 2012 17:22 #7157 by Pianomom5
Texas 5 updates was created by Pianomom5
Hi Everyone,
Well, it seems that we have taken a bit of a break. We weren't able to see Hellene for one reason or another, illness, time conflicts etc...but we see her today! Today my baby boy turns 9! He was up early to open his grandparents presents that have been starring at him all week!

Piano has been easier for me. I practice when I can...ususally at night or sometimes in the morning (with earphones)! I am still working on Dr. Zhivago and I don't think I will be ready for the rehearsal. I am getting better but my keyboad is missing one key for the left hand so I never get to finish the song. I tried playing it on the piano but I need the note help of the program.

Hellene suggested I play all the Christmas songs without sharps or flats so I can practice on getting the keys right. I also have to use cde instead of do re mi because that is how I was taught as a little girl and I find it easier. The kids don't seem to mind either way. I am finding it hard to play from the program and then transfer to the piano because I find that I rely on reading the notes on the program but not paying attention to where they are on the bar. So I need to work on that. Maybe Hellene has some ideas.

Nolan took on more than he could chew with descendants of Shinobi as Hellene told him it would be but he insisted. He is having a hard time practing it because it is harder for him than he thought. Rylan also has a hard song with the nutcracker. He just needs to practice more. I try to remind him but at almost 15 he needs to start remembering on his own. He does have all higher level classes at school and he plays lacrosse so it has been a bit hectic for him. He likes to play but like most teens, is impatient and wants to hear the song perfectly without putting in the practice.

I always listen to the song a few times before, during and after our practice so I can stay motivated as to how it is supposed to sound.

I did finally figure out how to load videos from my phone to youtube. Here is one of Nolan playing his Halloween boogies for Halloween!!

I will post again sometime after our lesson. Also, I need to purchase the perpetual subscription for the program because we are at the end of our current subscription and I can honestly say, I love it. Even if we didn't take lessons with Hellene, for motivation etc...we would still be learning how to play! It is a fun way to learn. I just hope she adds more songs!!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
08 Dec 2012 20:31 #7160 by andreasro
Replied by andreasro on topic Texas 5 updates
Make sure you pressed the correct icons for links to youtube videos. Just pick the id of the youtube video and put it in the field required.

More
08 Dec 2012 23:21 #7166 by Mandabplus3
Replied by Mandabplus3 on topic Texas 5 updates
Wow every time i read your posts I decide your place sounds just like ours!
I also struggle to put my knowledge from the keyboard with the pretty stickers to the regular piano with no stickers. Yet my kiddies have no trouble with it at all. It doesn't make sence to me but obviously I relyon the visual support more than they do and they are the reason we put stickers on in the first place! :silly:
I am pretty sure all need is more practice with out stickers. But after thinking about it I decided I don't really care. I figure at some point when I have memorized enough songs I will spend a day at school ( on the nice piano) with key guides until I figure it out. Until then I cause my crux ;)
The missing key would drive me batty! I have an old old keyboard ( I had it as a child!) and occasionally it wont sinc to softmozart and we will be unable to play a note in a song. It is incredibly frustrating!
Your are doing great. Any practice at all is better then no practice and even if all you have tine for is run through the song once apon waking that is better then a big session once a week.

Time to create page: 0.081 seconds