fbpx

Our Promotion

Save, Сэкономьте, Ahorrar
The 'Butterfly Ball' is Officially Over. What Next?/ "Бал Бабочек" закончен. Что дальше?/La Gala de Mariposas ha terminado oficialmente. ¿Qué sigue? (12 Feb 2024)

Unlock Your 'Butterfly Ball' Benefits: Certificates and Discounts Awaiting!
Откройте для себя преимущества «Бала Бабочек»: начинаем производить сертификаты и назначать скидки!
¡Desbloquea tus beneficios de la Gala de Mariposas: Certificados y descuentos te esperan!

× Progress Diaries

Hello Soft Mozart Folks...from Houston

• Pianomom5
  • Pianomom5's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
13 Oct 2012 03:29 #6137 by Pianomom5
Hello Soft Mozart Folks...from Houston was created by Pianomom5
So, we are back into the swing of things and we are finding it hard to stay on task. Between school and work and sports...it seems like it's harder to find time to practice. So, how do we stay motivated???? Well, for the kids it's practicing just a few minutes a day....only if I set up the piano and tell them to sit and play before they do something else.

My oldest Rylan, who is the most musically inclined, seems to do well no matter how much practice he gets. Nolan my 8 yr old is pretty good too. Angelina is very young and has a few learning delays but I piano is great for that....Me...well at 42....my mind doesn't seem to absorb as easily....or I have lots on my mind. Oct. 29th we finish my daughter adoption proceedings. I am sure our attorney will be sad because he sure has collected quite a bit of money from me! My oldest son turns 18 on Nov. 16...I turn 42 on the 19th and then we have the whole college application deadline looming for our senior. So...I guess I am a bit preoccupied.

I am still working on The Yellow Rose of Texas. Rylan is doing Train Ride and Nolan is doing Halloween boogie. Angelina...well, she is just still learning. We are getting ready for the next recital and that is keeping us a bit more motivated because we don't want to look like complete dummies!!

Anyone else have motivating ideas? Paying for classes is a good motivator but the kids don't feel it as much...well, because they don't pay the bills!!!

Our class is tomorrow and I hope we made a bit of progress. I am going to try to post a little more timely because somehow time just flys by! At least for me!!

So, back to practice and learning how to stop and start the program in the spots that I really need to focus on! In fact, while my hubby has his friends outside playing poker, I might as well practice a bit. Everyone is asleep...thank goodness for headphones! Good night!!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 Oct 2012 08:07 - 13 Oct 2012 08:09 #6142 by andreasro
You are an amazing family, all the above considered! :)

:)) I laughed when reading about your lawyer, but I'm sure you didn't as your pockets are smaller because of him but, hey, it was worth it, no? ;)

Angelina is going really great, you know? I loved her way of cooperating with Hellene and the way she is learning. You should be proud of her and of yourself too!

42 means to me that you can learn faster than me, as I'm 31! When I'm playing the piano I'm eager like a child, maybe much eager than my children :lol: and I can hardly wait to see how will I do that day with a certain song. And, you know what? Each time I practice, no matter how much, a minute or more, something happens - either my finger relax more, or I learn better a piece or I start to learn a new one or I finally learn one that gave me headaches :lol: It's always a progress! And it makes me feel soooo good! A., the oldest kid, applauds me after I finish :P So I have audience too!

In our house we have created an atmosphere of "when we play piano we play because it's fun, makes us feel better and it's good to make and listen to good music". This beats any candy or money or any treat for playing (though Hellene is right, younger kids need physical, tangible results).

Andrea
Last edit: 13 Oct 2012 08:09 by andreasro.

More
13 Oct 2012 08:42 #6143 by Mandabplus3
Hehe your house sounds just like mine! Finding time to practice is harder than finding the motivation though.
I find regularly reading through the forum motivates me to practice. Fr the kids it takes a variety of things. For my son its a sticker chart and Lego. For my daughters it is completely unpredictable! Some weeks they are all over it and others are a complete write off. :S
The biggest problem we have is that we don't have enough time at home to all practice every day. There are too many of us. Or not enough pianos? :P
Oh well we do the best we can and I try to remember that it isn't a race. We are not aiming for concert pianists. Any practice produces results. Regular practice produces better results, even if it isn't for very long.
To you you may not see the progress week to week, but it is there. You will look back in a couple of months and know for sure you have improved.

Time to create page: 0.081 seconds