fbpx

Our Promotion

Save, Сэкономьте, Ahorrar
The 'Butterfly Ball' is Officially Over. What Next?/ "Бал Бабочек" закончен. Что дальше?/La Gala de Mariposas ha terminado oficialmente. ¿Qué sigue? (12 Feb 2024)

Unlock Your 'Butterfly Ball' Benefits: Certificates and Discounts Awaiting!
Откройте для себя преимущества «Бала Бабочек»: начинаем производить сертификаты и назначать скидки!
¡Desbloquea tus beneficios de la Gala de Mariposas: Certificados y descuentos te esperan!

× Progress Diaries

Philip - His Progress Begins

More
26 Aug 2012 23:18 - 26 Aug 2012 23:20 #5313 by Mrs.Post
Philip just turned 2. My plan was to get him on the keyboard regularly and see what we could do. Well, he decided he wanted play all on his own. He wants to play violin in the worst way. So we made a deal that when he is in a big boy bed, in big boy pants and playing the piano nicely we will look at violin lessons. We are in a big boy bed, we are not in big boy pants but he's been taking his diaper off and throwing it away (along with his pants) and going to use the potty by himself. Sometimes before he's gone and sometimes after. He has started playing the keyboard nicely. He tells me, "I played nicely."

We shot this video after about 20 minutes of playing. He was doing so well that I thought I'd get the camera. Well, he started getting goofy. His first 3 times through his score was 7 in 62, 8 in 56, and 7 in 65. I think his score on this one was 3 in like 107 or something. :whistle:

Last edit: 26 Aug 2012 23:20 by Mrs.Post.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mandabplus3

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
27 Aug 2012 08:33 #5315 by hellene
Wow! What a nice progress!
Skills to focus are much better now!

Back to the Mozart
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mrs.Post

More
27 Aug 2012 23:20 - 27 Aug 2012 23:22 #5328 by Mrs.Post
He's actually doing way better. He was at music for over 30 minutes when we shot that video.

We also replaced the SM stickers with a combo of Soft Mozart/ Little Musician with the colors and big SM Icons. We first tried to use the SM icons for Little Musician but it did not work for any of the children. Then I did the colors and the huge icons - very hard to miss. This has really improved both Philip's and Miss C. ability to play the right note. I am wondering if in the future you might want to consider making things a bit larger for little, little kids and for learning disabled children. I know you can't make it work for everyone, but this program has done so much to lengthen Miss C. attention span, confidence, ability to recognize details, and pattern recognition that I'm nearly convinced that SM should be part of every LD child's education and perhaps SM needs to be marketed as such to that community.

We'll see as we get better at taking videos of Miss C's progress each week. She placed all cards in order this morning and all I had to do was sing the notes. So I asked which came first and she knew Do. Then I sang "DO" and she said "Re". So I sang "DO RE" and she knew to pick up "Mi". Her progress is incredible to me. The more she does, the more confidence she has that she can do it. She likes to watch her videos.
Last edit: 27 Aug 2012 23:22 by Mrs.Post.

More
27 Aug 2012 23:32 #5329 by hellene
Sonya, I agree with you 100%!
Early learners and kids with special needs need larger pictures and some adjustments to our software.
We are currently working on this issue!
Thank you for pointing it out!

Back to the Mozart

More
28 Aug 2012 15:25 #5331 by Mrs.Post
This is a much better video of Philip in all his excitement. Like Miss C. we have to work on keeping an eye on the keyboard and not on getting approval for every note. :)

The following user(s) said Thank You: hellene, Galka

More
29 Aug 2012 10:55 #5333 by Mandabplus3
Love watching his videos! He is just so into it! Plus a good dose of self approval never hurt anyone right ;)
The following user(s) said Thank You: hellene, Mrs.Post

Time to create page: 0.089 seconds