fbpx

Our Promotion

Save, Сэкономьте, Ahorrar
The 'Butterfly Ball' is Officially Over. What Next?/ "Бал Бабочек" закончен. Что дальше?/La Gala de Mariposas ha terminado oficialmente. ¿Qué sigue? (12 Feb 2024)

Unlock Your 'Butterfly Ball' Benefits: Certificates and Discounts Awaiting!
Откройте для себя преимущества «Бала Бабочек»: начинаем производить сертификаты и назначать скидки!
¡Desbloquea tus beneficios de la Gala de Mariposas: Certificados y descuentos te esperan!

× Progress Diaries

Update on Jaykobs piano antics

More
18 Jul 2012 09:33 #4932 by Mandabplus3
It's been a while since I posted about any of us. Sorry :kiss: we had a bit of a break after the recital, mummy needed a break. I realized it was time to get them playing agin when we were queuing in line at the supermarket and all three of them started playing Jingle bells by tapping on the lids of the water bottles in the fridge! ( yep they got it right :) )
Anyway we are just plugging away but today Jaykob had a really great piano day so I thought I would share, just to show that eventually,no matter what they through at you, you will have a good day! :lol:
So due to the lack of motivation to actually get started on a paino lesson, I have taken to putting the computer to softmozart, immediately after we finish our Little Music lesson. I leave it on all day, it is in a central location of our house so it's quite visible. Now Jaykob in particular happily plays a bit on his way past. It has doubled his daily piano time at least ( assuming we are actually home ever!)
So as a result of this he is now able to spend LONGER at the paino playing, in one sitting....and because of this finally we are making some recordable improvements. :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:
So today...please remember that prior to today the most he had ever done in one lesson was play jingle bells through twice....he played jingle bells 9 times YES NINE TIMES!!!! In a row! He wanted to! It was his idea to keep going. In the time he managed to half his time and get his accuracy almost perfect. So now finally his Jingle bells sounds like Jingle bells, not jingle bells in slow motion! ;) It was so improved when he played it for his sisters after school they were both impressed....and then wanted a go themselves ;)
The girls are still progressing also. Tian has finished the introductory album, I had her playing rock group today from boogie 1 album. Natalya is playing from boogie 1 also, but not as often. ( Time poor gymnast with too much homework)
I am not sure what I will play next.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 Jul 2012 15:35 #4934 by hellene
This is music to my ears!
Did you teach kids chords?
We are preparing some materials now for music writing. It is also FUN!
PS
Did you receive my package diplomas and gifts yet?

Back to the Mozart

More
09 Dec 2012 00:08 #7171 by Mandabplus3
Yay it's holidays!!!!! We have some extra time to play. Not much but some!
Anyway yesterday Jaykob had a mini breakthrough so I thought I would tell you about it.
He decided to be a bit more independent, he decided his own piano schedule and he finally decided to play through for an extended period of time!
He has had a box of Lego ditto go the punter near the piano for a while now. H real yea Ted it but I told him he needs to do a weeks worth of practice to get it. He played a little bithere and there but wouldn't commit to a weeks worth of practice. Yesterday he asked if he could play piano. Of course i said yes! :cheer:
He chose hot cross buns ( oh boy i will be please when he is sick of that song!) I didn't give him a choice and set it to both hands. :P he started playing realized it was both hands and started playing using both hands! :woohoo: finally no arguing about it! After a couple of goes he asked for his Lego I said nope that's not a weeks worth of practice you will have to keep going. He asked how much more? I said fill up the page! Figuring he would give up again after the next run through. :dry: anyway 30 minutes later he had filled up the whole page! Yay!!!! He played both hands continuously through 23 times and got his Lego!
Now I have a problem..I have no more lego in the house and I need some to continue his motivation! I am thinking of buying a large bucket and giving him one piece of Lego for each time he plays a song. I was going to buy him a large bucket of Lego for Christmas but this will probably be more useful this way. I am just not sure if it will work. Worth a try though ;) we do need more Lego :cheer:
The following user(s) said Thank You: the Moon

More
13 Dec 2012 05:56 #7239 by hellene
Oh my... Manda! You are waaaaaaaaaay tooo generous employer!
Why don't you give him 'music money' to collect for something to buy after week of practice? ;)

'Hot Cross Buns'... When Soft Mozart school in Madrid had started, the director wrote to me that this song is driving her crazy. Thank goodness they started using headphones LOL

Back to the Mozart

More
01 Jan 2013 23:48 #7565 by andreasro
Jaykob surprised you too? These boys (yours and mine) are one of a kind! is it because they are ... boys, I wonder? One minute you think they'll never going to do it, and one day, :blink: you can't believe it! they're on it! :silly:

So, Manda, how did it go? Have you found something else or bought more Lego ? :lol:

hellene wrote: Oh my... Manda! You are waaaaaaaaaay tooo generous employer!
Why don't you give him 'music money' to collect for something to buy after week of practice? ;)

'Hot Cross Buns'... When Soft Mozart school in Madrid had started, the director wrote to me that this song is driving her crazy. Thank goodness they started using headphones LOL

:lol: headphones are a must in the house too!

More
03 Jan 2013 00:56 #7576 by Mandabplus3
It will have to be Lego. He now thinks Lego and piano are related! :lol:
I havnt used head phones with him for a few reasons. Firstly he is the kind of kid that would scream and run if I suggested it ( or he may not but is it worth it?) plus he wants me to listen to him and be with him while he plays still. I can leave the room to do dinner but I have to come back regularly or he loses interest. I have read many comments from parents who's kids are good piano players that they sat In on the practice sessions for the first 4 years. I figure since softmozart moves at a a faster pace I may only have to sit through 2 years! :lol:
The truth is because it's Christmas and he has lots of new Lego I haven't been paying him to play theses last few weeks! Figure if I can get him to play without it for a while the Lego might not take over the house! I will take him shopping for some more the second I decide he needs the motivation.....or when he starts asking me for it again. :)
I think I need to move the piano again. Sigh. It's still not quite central enough in the house.

Time to create page: 0.074 seconds