fbpx

Our Promotion

Save, Сэкономьте, Ahorrar
The 'Butterfly Ball' is Officially Over. What Next?/ "Бал Бабочек" закончен. Что дальше?/La Gala de Mariposas ha terminado oficialmente. ¿Qué sigue? (12 Feb 2024)

Unlock Your 'Butterfly Ball' Benefits: Certificates and Discounts Awaiting!
Откройте для себя преимущества «Бала Бабочек»: начинаем производить сертификаты и назначать скидки!
¡Desbloquea tus beneficios de la Gala de Mariposas: Certificados y descuentos te esperan!

× Progress Diaries

Wesley 6 years old with Soft Mozart

• waterdreamer
  • waterdreamer's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
26 Jan 2012 14:31 #1386 by waterdreamer
Wesley 6 years old with Soft Mozart was created by waterdreamer
Well we officially got our Soft Mozart program. But then of course pregnancy brain got the best of me and I forgot to order the stickers. So we had the program and keyboard sitting here, driving my son NUTS :) I'd let him experiment with the keyboard a little, but only small burst. I thought about what Glenn Doman said about always keeping the child wanting more.
Well the stickers arrived, and yesterday I had the chance to put them on. So the program is ready to go! So this evening my son and I will be giving SM its first test drive tonight! I'm super excited~
By the way for parents who are looking to buy a keyboard look into the Casio CTK 2100. It hooks up to the computer with a cheap USB cord instead of having to worry about the MIDI cord :)
Hope to have great things to update soon!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
27 Jan 2012 02:19 #1413 by Mandabplus3
I totally understand the feeling of waiting in anticipation! I also had to wait for stickers and I think it nearly killed me :cheer: Have fun with your first try out! Can't wait to hear all about it!

More
27 Jan 2012 04:30 #1418 by NadiaD
SO excited for you guys!

Will be waiting for the update!

• waterdreamer
  • waterdreamer's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
04 Mar 2012 19:38 #2379 by waterdreamer
Replied by waterdreamer on topic Wesley 6 years old with Soft Mozart
*Sigh*
Well I must apologize. I have been missing in action.
My Toshiba decided that it is going to have a mind of its own and work when it feels like it.
BUT that being said, I must comment that the few lessons that my son has done have really stuck. I'm using the Gentle Piano part of the program and focusing on songs he has already learned on the violin. He loves it! And when the computer is down and he sits at his piano I notice that he does play parts of these songs by memory!! Actually the first time I noticed this I just about feel over, especially when I noticed he was using TWO HANDS!! I do wish Soft Mozart had most sheet music available in the same format as the computer program, I would purchase these in a heartbeat to help my son on days were sitting by the computer is not possible.
Overall we have been trying to get in as many Soft Mozart lessons as possible. I am also a Little Musician beta tester, so we have been trying to do that when the computer is up and running. Then just before he leaves for school a few times a week I play the Suzie Piano Primer DVD for him.
I have been trying to work on input and not expecting output just yet, and it seems to be paying off.
One thing I noticed though is he got VERY upet when my stubborn husband was trying his hands at Gentle Piano and wanted to figure it out by himself last night. He came up to be in tears saying that he was doing it "All Wrong". LOL I must admit when I went in the kitchen it was quite painful to watch him LOL.
I am a big believer that not one product will teach your child everything they need to know. Even if it is all in one nice neat package, exposure from different sources will help cement and reinforce it in their heads(I was the same way with teaching my son math and reading). That being said Soft Mozart has become one of the corner stones in our music program.

Time to create page: 0.066 seconds