fbpx

Our Promotion

Save, Сэкономьте, Ahorrar
The 'Butterfly Ball' is Officially Over. What Next?/ "Бал Бабочек" закончен. Что дальше?/La Gala de Mariposas ha terminado oficialmente. ¿Qué sigue? (12 Feb 2024)

Unlock Your 'Butterfly Ball' Benefits: Certificates and Discounts Awaiting!
Откройте для себя преимущества «Бала Бабочек»: начинаем производить сертификаты и назначать скидки!
¡Desbloquea tus beneficios de la Gala de Mariposas: Certificados y descuentos te esperan!

× Progress Diaries

Our Progress - Mama D, USA

• mamaduck
  • mamaduck's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
26 Jun 2013 06:01 #11289 by mamaduck
Our Progress - Mama D, USA was created by mamaduck
My very first piano piece! I enjoyed the process of learning it.

A couple of questions, should we learn the songs at the speed of the software program or at the speed of the metronome videos on youtube?

When we post the videos showing our progress, do we post scores and times of all representation? Thanks.

I apologize if these have been asked and answered before. I haven't found similar topics on the website yet.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
26 Jun 2013 16:01 #11294 by andreasro
I will try to answer you:

There are some steps to go through, as Hellene said here :

"The stages in learning are
1. R
2. L
3. P
4. RH
5. LH
6. PH
7. Playing with no computer
8. Playing with TEACHING VIDEOS with metronome
9. Playing with TEACHING VIDEOS without metronome
10. Performing
"
Tip: if the speed of the video (with or without metronome) or the song in software is too fast for you, no problem. In your media player you can make the video slow down or you can play with metronome at a slower rhythm and increase speed in time.

The idea is to practice each stage until you have no mistakes and until time is 0 or close to 0 (this meaning you keep up the speed of the song).
It is your choice when you record yourself. For getting a better feedback it's best you record yourself after using the teaching videos or when you feel you need guidance or feel stuck or unsure of your practice.

Best score is most important for the same piece practiced following the 10 stages. Still, if you play a piece without mentioning the score, a good teacher will know how you played it because she or he knows how the piece should sound.

Does the above help you? :)

Andrea

• mamaduck
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
26 Jun 2013 19:26 - 26 Jun 2013 19:50 #11296 by mamaduck
Replied by mamaduck on topic Our Progress - Mama D, USA
Thanks Andrea!

Scores coming up shortly.
Last edit: 26 Jun 2013 19:50 by mamaduck.

• mamaduck
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
26 Jun 2013 20:07 - 26 Jun 2013 20:08 #11298 by mamaduck
Andrea I have a total of 36 scores and just didn't know what exactly I was to report. I have also viewed and played to the metronome/no metronome videos that Hellene had suggested on my son's video. Thanks again for your help.

Here are my scores. Also, how can I improve the 6th representation time score?
My best scores and 6th representations. (Please let me know if I reported more than I needed to). - Thanks.

Hot Cross Buns

R - 15/15: 1
R6 -15/15:12

L1 - 22/22: 1
L6 - 22/22: 13

P5 - 37/37: 1
P6 - 37/37: 13

R2h - 15/15: 0
R6h - 15/15: 11

L4h - 22/22: 0
L6h - 22/22: 12

P5h - 37/37: 1
P6h - 37/37: 7
Last edit: 26 Jun 2013 20:08 by mamaduck.

More
26 Jun 2013 20:25 #11299 by andreasro
Hey, great scores! :woohoo:

The time of Presentation 6 is different - it shows the duration in time of the song you've played, it can't be 0 and of course it depends on the note duration. As I understand it (and I just say this because I am not a teacher) you can 'improve' it by exercising Note Duration module and by practicing songs with teaching video.

Andrea
The following user(s) said Thank You: mamaduck

• mamaduck
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
05 Jul 2013 02:06 - 05 Jul 2013 18:48 #11393 by mamaduck
I have come to appreciate the value of the pictures/symbols on the screen as I play the different representations. Whenever I tried to watch my fingers, I would mess up on the speed (not sure of the music terminology). The spider kept showing up so I realized that in order to stay at the right pace, I had to keep my eyes on the notes as they were coming in. As I was playing, I was thinking this was good training for keeping the eyes on the sheet music instead of the keyboard. I think Gentle Piano is helping build the confidence of playing without watching my fingers (to make sure I pressed the right keys), which I think is pretty cool.

Я пришел, чтобы оценить значение Картинки / символы на экране, как я играю на различных представлениях. Всякий раз, когда я пыталась смотреть мои пальцы, я бы испортить от скорости (не уверен в музыкальной терминологии).Паук продолжал показывать, чтобы я понял, что для того, чтобы остановиться в нужном темпе, я должен был держать глаза на ноты, как они были входя Когда я играю, я думал, что это была хорошая тренировка для поддержания глаза наноты вместо клавиатуры. Я думаю, Нежный фортепиано помогает укреплять доверие играет без просмотра мои пальцы (чтобы убедиться, что я нажал на правую клавиши), который я думаю, довольно прохладно.

French Song

R - 28/28: 2
R6 -28/28:10

L - 20/20: 1
L6 - 20/20: 13

P - 48/48: 2
P6 - 48/48: 14

Rh - 28/28: 0
R6h - 28/28: 16

Lh - 20/20: 1
L6h - 20/20: 12

Ph - 48/48: 1
P6h - 48/48: 14

Last edit: 05 Jul 2013 18:48 by mamaduck.

Time to create page: 0.075 seconds