fbpx

Our Promotion

Save, Сэкономьте, Ahorrar
The 'Butterfly Ball' is Officially Over. What Next?/ "Бал Бабочек" закончен. Что дальше?/La Gala de Mariposas ha terminado oficialmente. ¿Qué sigue? (12 Feb 2024)

Unlock Your 'Butterfly Ball' Benefits: Certificates and Discounts Awaiting!
Откройте для себя преимущества «Бала Бабочек»: начинаем производить сертификаты и назначать скидки!
¡Desbloquea tus beneficios de la Gala de Mariposas: Certificados y descuentos te esperan!

× Progress Diaries

Frobish Family Adventure!

More
05 Jun 2013 06:19 #10682 by LukeF
I'll post our results, questions, videos and things here. At first it may just be me, but others will come soon.

Luke's beginning:
*I've lost some of my slips of paper w/ scores.. this is why I am starting a notebook!

Treble Staff puzzle completed; Score 1693; Time 25:36
*Rye and I were tagteaming this.. I am pretty sure I can do better, but have only finished it this once

Hot Cross Buns both hands
presentation 1: 1st try 31 of 37; time 14
worked my way through various presentations for 15-20 min, finished with
presentation 5H: 2nd try @ 36 of 27; time 5

Guess Key completed: Score 1524; time 9:50

I'm practicing Hanon 1.. makes my left hand sore, but I do right hand once, then left once, then both together once

Ode to Joy both hands
presentation 1: 3rd try 45 of 48; time 14
presentation 3: 3rd try 47 of 48; time 9
presentation 4, 1st try 48 of 48 time 8

Question: When using the modules other than Gentle Piano... should I always play them through to the end? I notice they get significantly more difficult and that my skill does improve, but they can take a long time to finish. just curious.

I need to start learning bass clef, as I am very unfamiliar with that. My tent. plan for my "lesson" time is to read the book You Can, do Hanon, do 1-2 learning modules, then finish with a few intro songs

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
22 Jul 2013 04:34 #11484 by LukeF
Replied by LukeF on topic Frobish Family Adventure!
Here's a video of Rye. 7 y.o. beginner playing Hot Cross Buns with both hands. It took a while to get to this point, but he tricked and surprised me. About the time he was able to play with both hands he actually memorized the song.

Hot Cross Buns both hands, P3 score 37 of 37; t=31 (on P1 his time drops to 12)

I told him it's time to move on to some new songs :cheer:

He is also playing Ode to Joy and in his free time is trying to pick out the right hand of the Harry Potter songs! :P

His Ode to Joy score from 1 month ago, P1, was RH 30 of 30; t=33; LH 18 of 18; t=11 but at that time he could not/would not play with both hands. We'll see if that can be our next post for Rye.

His latest scores for other games are:

Fruit Lines for 5 min.; Level 10, 80 pts, red time = 2:45
Guess Key (~5 min?); 98 pts.; time 2:24
Attachments:

More
23 Jul 2013 13:58 #11488 by andreasro
Replied by andreasro on topic Frobish Family Adventure!
Playing modules for young learners should be a fixed and small time interval for the first weeks or even months. For younger children, I would keep sessions short to keep their interest.

Depending on the attention span and concentration the learner has he/she may play them longer till they want to stop. Sometimes they challenge themselves! :)

Andrea

Time to create page: 0.061 seconds