fbpx

Our Promotion

Save, Сэкономьте, Ahorrar
The 'Butterfly Ball' is Officially Over. What Next?/ "Бал Бабочек" закончен. Что дальше?/La Gala de Mariposas ha terminado oficialmente. ¿Qué sigue? (12 Feb 2024)

Unlock Your 'Butterfly Ball' Benefits: Certificates and Discounts Awaiting!
Откройте для себя преимущества «Бала Бабочек»: начинаем производить сертификаты и назначать скидки!
¡Desbloquea tus beneficios de la Gala de Mariposas: Certificados y descuentos te esperan!

× Progress Diaries

Mills Brothers

More
24 May 2013 05:37 #10356 by jamesmillsia
Mills Brothers was created by jamesmillsia
What sort of info typically goes in this section?

How often do you recommend updating it?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
24 May 2013 07:21 #10358 by andreasro
Replied by andreasro on topic Mills Brothers
Pictures, videos, your own stories in learning to play piano using Soft Mozart, questions, sharing successes, doubts, fears :)
There's no requested frequency to get scholarship. Every student has his own pace and challenges. What matters is when we draw a line after a year and see how much did the student use the software in learning. You may have a busy schedule and post rarely but when posting updating with many videos and so on and showing you are following the Academy credits for your level or perhaps even taking challenges that either you or teachers here suggest you take. Or you may have a steady posting, sharing little by little what you're learning and where you are.

The software is effective and efficient if used as recommended. If you get stuck or don't know what to do next, ask here and you'll receive feedback and guidance from Soft Mozart teachers (they are wonderful and with great experience, by the way :). You can take a peek in the Russian section of the forum - Ines, Olga Kiseleva, The Moon, AuntQL are teachers sharing a lot of videos and ideas to work with children).

Andrea
The following user(s) said Thank You: hellene, jamesmillsia

More
04 Jun 2013 05:10 #10637 by jamesmillsia
Replied by jamesmillsia on topic Mills Brothers
Would you suggest starting with the weekly lesson plans, i.e. "Week 1" right now, or is there some alternate summer plans we should follow?

More
04 Jun 2013 10:12 #10651 by hellene
Replied by hellene on topic Mills Brothers

jamesmillsia wrote: Would you suggest starting with the weekly lesson plans, i.e. "Week 1" right now, or is there some alternate summer plans we should follow?

Let's get familiar with the program through lesson plan. I want you all to start with it and give me your feed back in as many details as possible (including short videos of each of you playing)
It will give me the idea about your music aptitudes and will help me to build personal curriculum for each member of your family.

Back to the Mozart
The following user(s) said Thank You: jamesmillsia

More
26 Jun 2013 05:16 - 26 Jun 2013 05:17 #11288 by jamesmillsia
Replied by jamesmillsia on topic Mills Brothers
We have completed the week 1 plan. Here's what I can report so far...

Myself (James)
-Theory - I'm confident with the letter scale, but the do re mi scale will require more practice to have it memorized. For example, the note alphabet school is difficult for me since I don't know the order by heart.

-Finger exercises - these are easy for me. I can use my fingers independent from each other.

-Performance - Hot Cross Buns was very easy. My only mistakes happen when I anticipate the note too quickly. I can do both hands memorized.

-Historical/Cultural - I didn't read the book... did I download it?

-Homework - didn't color, forgive me. All other points are accomplished.

Noah, 8 yo
-Theory - Knows the symbols, not much for singing, though. Can put them in order.

-Finger exercises - he can use all five fingers with concentration.

-Performance - Hot Cross Buns with right hand is fine. Uploaded video.

-Historical/Cultural -don't have book.

-Homework - didn't color. All other points are accomplished.

Lucas, 7 yo
-Theory - Knows the symbols, can sing at pitch! Can put them in order.

-Finger exercises - has difficulty using all five fingers.

-Performance - Hot Cross Buns with right hand is okay. Even did left hand tonight. Uploaded video.

-Historical/Cultural -don't have book.

-Homework - didn't color. He struggles to use all five fingers separately, but he is willing to work at it.
Last edit: 26 Jun 2013 05:17 by jamesmillsia.

More
26 Jun 2013 15:09 #11292 by andreasro
Replied by andreasro on topic Mills Brothers
Sorry, where did you say you upload your videos?

Andrea

Time to create page: 0.079 seconds