fbpx

Our Promotion

Save, Сэкономьте, Ahorrar
The 'Butterfly Ball' is Officially Over. What Next?/ "Бал Бабочек" закончен. Что дальше?/La Gala de Mariposas ha terminado oficialmente. ¿Qué sigue? (12 Feb 2024)

Unlock Your 'Butterfly Ball' Benefits: Certificates and Discounts Awaiting!
Откройте для себя преимущества «Бала Бабочек»: начинаем производить сертификаты и назначать скидки!
¡Desbloquea tus beneficios de la Gala de Mariposas: Certificados y descuentos te esperan!

× Welcome to the SoftMozart forum!

Tell us and our members who you are, what you like and why you became a member of this site.
We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!

MAC or a Lap top?

More
02 Dec 2011 01:51 #346 by Mae_Jakob_Ka
Hi All,

I am Elle and just joined the group. Just let me tell you this, I am tone deaf but really want to introduce music to my son. My son and I are going to learn music together. :blush:

I have 2 computers at home. One is Windows 7 lap top (17"), and another is an iMac (27''). Both have good memory space.

I am not sure which version of SM I should buy. Would it be better to go with the MAC version as the monitor is bigger?

Also, what type of keyboard should I buy?

Thanks,

Elle

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
02 Dec 2011 02:14 #347 by hellene
Replied by hellene on topic MAC or a Lap top?
Hi, Elle!
Welcome to our community!
Happy to see you here :)
If you have the choice between Windows and Mac, chose the one that you can fully dedicate to the
You see, when you will connect the piano/keyboard with the computer, it is better to stay this way. Otherwise, the necessity to plug and unplug one with another can become a ‘show stopper’ for your lessons one day.
As for the monitor’s size… The program’s graphics is good enough even with smaller screen.
Also keep in mind that we have price break for Windows (you can buy this version in installments), but unfortunately only perpetual copy for Mac.
Digital keyboard for beginners have to be inexpensive and reliable. 61 keys and MIDI are only required features. It could be any Yamaha or Casio. Price range is about $100 USD.

Back to the Mozart

More
02 Dec 2011 02:45 #350 by Mae_Jakob_Ka
Replied by Mae_Jakob_Ka on topic MAC or a Lap top?
Thanks Hellene.

The lap top is the one I use every day but I take it everywhere I go.
So, conecting a keyboard to my Windows lap top might not be a good idea. Looks like I am going to have to go with the Mac version.

Do you have any promotion plan for this coming Christmas?
If you do, I can wait a couple more weeks to buy the software.
Cheers,

Elle

More
02 Dec 2011 13:55 #351 by hellene
Replied by hellene on topic MAC or a Lap top?
Yes,
Sometimes we do have promotions and most likely we are going to have one in the closest future.
We will definetely keep you posted
I also will contact you personally in our network in the closest future

Back to the Mozart

More
02 Dec 2011 14:12 #352 by Mae_Jakob_Ka
Replied by Mae_Jakob_Ka on topic MAC or a Lap top?
Thanks!! Pls contact me once you launch the promotions!!
:)

More
02 Dec 2011 21:32 #357 by cmontoni
Replied by cmontoni on topic MAC or a Lap top?
Hi Hellene
I was under the understanding that there was no MAC version of SM. Is this no so?

Time to create page: 0.085 seconds